A colorful summer salad with great flavor. Whenever I share this dish at a potluck, I am always asked for the recipe.
Provided by PRINCIPALCOLE
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions, stirring green chilies, cumin, oregano and sage into the finished batter. Spread into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and Ranch dressing mix. Set aside. Wrap bacon in paper towels, and cook in the microwave until crisp, about 45 seconds per slice. Crumble, and set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour half of the beans over the crumbled bread, half of the mayonnaise mixture, half of the corn, tomatoes, peppers, green onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat the layers ending with cheese on top. The dish will be very full. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.3 g, Cholesterol 44.1 mg, Fat 30.7 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 14.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 1255.7 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
- Toss the tomatoes, bell pepper, cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, lime juice, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Assemble the salad: Sprinkle half of the cornbread in a glass bowl or trifle dish. Top with half each of the black-eyed peas, corn and the tomato-pepper mixture, then half each of the sour cream mixture and cheese. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, ending with cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- For the Cornbread: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with vegetable oil and heat in oven. In a medium bowl combine buttermilk and eggs, and stir. Add cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and jalapeno peppers, while stirring briskly. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- For the Dressing: Combine ranch dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise and set aside. Place 1/2 of the crumbled cornbread in the bottom of a large serving bowl. Top with 1 can of pinto beans. Follow with 1/2 of the cheese, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, chile peppers, bacon, corn, and dressing mixture. Repeat ending with the dressing mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
CORNBREAD SALAD I
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool, crumble, and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Whisk together the dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Crumble half the corn bread in the bottom of a large serving dish. Top with half the beans. Layer the beans with half of the tomatoes, green bell pepper, and green onions. Sprinkle with half the cheese, corn, bacon, and the salad dressing mixture. Repeat the layers. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622.9 calories, Carbohydrate 48.4 g, Cholesterol 52.3 mg, Fat 41.9 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1533.6 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
CORNBREAD LAYERED SALAD
My mother's cornbread salad is so complete, it can be a meal in itself. The recipe has been in our family for years and is great for potlucks. -Jody Miller, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack. , Crumble cornbread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with onions, green pepper, corn and beans. , In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458 calories, Fat 27g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 652mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
FRESH CORNBREAD SALAD
Despite my hectic schedule, I enjoy cooking for family and friends. This recipe is one of my favorites.-Pam Holloway, Marion, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions; stir in one can of Mexicorn. Bake according to package directions. Cool and crumble., In a large bowl, combine the crumbled cornbread, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and remaining corn. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 18g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 447mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD
To feed a crowd, especially when I want to make a good impression, I make this eye-popping cornbread salad. It's beautiful in a trifle bowl. I love it in summer, when we can make it with our own garden produce. -Debbie Johnson, Centertown, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare and bake cornbread mix according to package directions, using an 8-in. square baking dish. Crumble when cool., Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup green onions. , In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: cornbread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions. Refrigerate 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 607mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
A lady brought this to our home study group potluck and it was wonderful. She gave me the basics of what was in it and here if what I have come up with. Turned out really good. Cook time does not include the time it takes to cook bacon and the cornbread. I cooked the bacon in the microwave.
Provided by Nimz_
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sweet pickle juice and peppers and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients, tossing well.
- Add the dressing mix to the cornbread mixture just before serving.
SOUTHWEST CORNBREAD SALAD
- Cube cornbread.
- Layer cornbread cubes, romaine, beans, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, and green onions in a large trifle bowl, in that order.
- Stir avocado, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, cumin, and garlic salt for dressing in a bowl until well combined. Drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.2 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 36.1 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 8.1 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 864.4 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
- in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, layer corn bread, beans, celery, onion and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; mix well.
- Spoon beef over tomato layer.
- Spread topping over salad (do not toss).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344, Fat 19.9, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 39.1, Sodium 318.7, Carbohydrate 28.8, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 6.3, Protein 13.8
SOUTHWEST CORNBREAD SALAD
Here's an absolute favorite at potlucks and barbecues. The idea came to me as I was trying to think of a replacement for the typical taco salad. The cornbread replaces the tortilla chips. Stefanie Foster, Wasilla, Alaska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 18 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, eggs, milk and chiles until blended. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack., In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, oil and taco seasoning. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours., Cut cornbread into 1-in. cubes. In a large serving bowl, layer the cornbread, bean mixture and remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 50mg cholesterol, Sodium 670mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
This is one of the best salads I have ever had. It is great because you can change to meet the tastes of your family. You will love it.
Provided by Shelly R
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions.
- Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sweet basil.
- Spread in a greased 9 X 13 inches.
- square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- Crumble half the corn bread into serving dish.
- Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese.
- Repeat layers (dish will be very full).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Yield: 24 servings.
- This recipe may be cut in half, if necessary.
- If using leftover cornbread, mix chilies (drained), cumin oregano, and sweet basil with all ready prepared cornbread.
- There is really no limit as to what you can put in this salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.8, Fat 18.4, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 34.2, Sodium 585.2, Carbohydrate 38.9, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 6.7, Protein 13.9
More about "cornbread salad i recipes"
CORNBREAD SALAD I RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 651 per serving
6 CREATIVE CORNBREAD SALADS | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley Sugg
HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - PAINLESS COOKING
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD IS ALWAYS A CROWD-FAVORITE
CORNBREAD SALAD - COOKING WITH PAULA DEEN
CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
CORNBREAD SALAD WITH BACON AND CHEDDAR CHEESE RECIPE
EASY CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE | SIMPLE POTLUCK IDEA!
MARK’S FEED STORE CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE – GALAXY TRAINING
CORN SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CORNBREAD SALAD - SOUTHERN BITE
PIONEER WOMAN CORNBREAD SALAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
THE BEST CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE – SIMPLY SOUTHERN MOM
RETRO CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CORNBREAD SALAD - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
CORNBREAD SALAD - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
LAYERED SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY AMISH CORNBREAD SALAD - DELICIOUS AND QUICK
25 CORN SALAD RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT PICNIC | TASTE OF HOME
CORNBREAD SALAD - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS - EASY SOUTHERN RECIPE
CORNBREAD SALAD - IMMACULATE BITES
CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BACK HOME CORNBREAD SALAD - THE FARMWIFE FEEDS
CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE WITH RANCH DRESSING - SOUTHERN PLATE
CORNBREAD SALAD – ERICA'S RECIPES – JALAPENO CHEDDAR CORNBREAD
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD - AN OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - EATS …
CORNBREAD SALAD - DEEP SOUTH DISH
THUMBS-UP CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC CORNBREAD SALAD
BACON CORNBREAD SALAD - THE BUTTERED HOME
CORNBREAD SALAD (LAYERED) | KITCHN
#bacon #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #salads #eggs-dairy #pork #vegetables #cheese #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #inexpensive #meat #corn #onions #taste-mood #savory #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cornbread with salad dressing mix?Stir together salad dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise until blended; set aside. Combine the chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions. Toss gently. Crumble half of the cornbread into a large bowl. Top with half each of beans, tomato mixture, bacon, corn, cheese (if using), and dressing mixture. Repeat layers.
How do you make cornbread with mayonnaise and tomatoes?Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup green onions. In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: cornbread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions.
What do you put on cornbread with lettuce?Add the lettuce to a large bowl, and top with the cornbread, pinto beans, green onion, cheese, tomato, bell pepper, and corn. In another bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch mix. Stir to combine.
What is the best way to make Cornbread crumbs?Bake cornbread. Once cool, crumble and place in a large bowl. Add in onions, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, corn, and bacon. Stir until well combined. In a separate bowl, place mayo and ranch mix (if using). Stir until well blended.