CHERRY-BALSAMIC CORNISH HEN WITH RICE
Cook a delicious rice blend with tart-sweet dried cherries alongside Cornish hens for a hassle-free dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove and discard neck and giblets from game hen. With kitchen scissors, cut game hen in half.
- In ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish, combine rice with seasoning from package, cherries, almonds and water; mix well. Top with game hen halves, skin side up; sprinkle with garlic-pepper blend and salt.
- In small bowl, combine preserves and vinegar; mix well. Brush about half of mixture over game hen halves. Cover with foil.
- Bake covered at 375°F. for 30 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish; brush game hen halves with remaining preserves mixture. Bake uncovered an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until game hen is fork-tender and juices run clear, and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 900, Carbohydrate 84 g, Cholesterol 240 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 51 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1150 mg, Sugar 33 g
RICE-STUFFED CORNISH HENS
"I found this recipe in a cookbook many years ago, and it's become one of my favorites," reports Gloria Leiding of Fairmont, Minnesota. "It's a nice change of pace from the usual beef or pork. These game hens always seem festive."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, cook and stir the rice, onion and almonds in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Stir in the water, bouillon, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in mushrooms., Sprinkle outside and cavity of hens with pepper and remaining salt. Stuff hens with rice mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; brush half over hens., Cover and bake at 400° for 25-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 998 calories, Fat 68g fat (24g saturated fat), Cholesterol 386mg cholesterol, Sodium 1350mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 63g protein.
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH WILD RICE STUFFING
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-low heat. Saute the onions and celery until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the thyme and cook for 1 minute more. In a mixing bowl combine the onion mixture with the rice, parsley, nuts and dried fruits and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place 1/2 cup of the stuffing into the cavity of each hen. Tie the legs of each bird together with kitchen twine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Melt the remaining butter with the vinegar. Brush the birds all over with the butter mixture and season with salt and pepper. Put the hens on a rack in a large roasting pan, breast-side up. Roast the hens until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thigh registers 170 degrees F., about 80 minutes. Set the birds aside at room temperature, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes before carving. Split hens in half through the breast with a sharp knife or poultry shears, and keep the stuffing intact. Arrange birds skin-side up, on a platter, garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve.
ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH DRIED CHERRY STUFFING
Make and share this Roasted Cornish Hens With Dried Cherry Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
Provided by senseicheryl
Yield 4 pieces of Hen, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the dried cherries, sage and broth and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in the cubed bread, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Season the Cornish hen halves with salt and pepper.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Form the stuffing into 4 mounds on the baking sheet. Place 1/2 of a Cornish hen on top of each mound of stuffing. Roast the hens for 45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- When the hens are finished, transfer them to a serving platter and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH CHERRY-RICE STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 425°F In skillet melt 2 tbsp butter over med heat.
- Add celery and shallots; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minute Remove from heat; stir in rice, cherries, apricots, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Rub hens with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Fill cavities with stuffing.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast 15 minute Reduce oven temp to 350F roast 45 minute.
- Stir 1 tbsp water into jam; brush over hens.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180F, about 15 minute.
CORNISH HEN WITH TART CHERRY SAUCE
This was an idea I had for a long time but never got around to doing it and it came out fantastic couldn't have hoped for better. My wife and I loved it. The tart cherries complement the flavorful rub on the hen perfectly. For golden brown crispy skin increase temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for last 10 minutes of cooking.
Provided by Slim Cooker
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine sea salt, black pepper, thyme, garlic powder, rosemary, and paprika in a bowl. Place hens on a baking sheet and evenly brush with 5 tablespoons butter. Rub hens with spice mixture.
- Bake hens in preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 1/2 hours, basting every 1/2 hour with white wine. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
- Mix cherries, red wine, orange juice, and brown sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in 2 tablespoons butter, and cook until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour into the sauce; whisk until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle cherry sauce over cooked hens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 204.4 mg, Fat 41.4 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 530.5 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
CORNISH HENS WITH RICE STUFFING
I came across this recipe a few years ago around Thanksgiving. The golden, juicy hens and festive rice stuffing make a memorable feast for two. Best of all, we're not eating leftovers for days on end.-Kathy Meyer, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set the seasoning packet from rice mix aside. In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add rice and pecans; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until rice is golden brown. Stir in the orange juice, water, raisins and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. , Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each hen; refrigerate remaining rice mixture. Tie legs of each hen together; turn wing tips under backs. Place on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Melt remaining butter; brush over hens. Sprinkle with salt and pepper., Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and thigh reaches at least 170°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings. Heat reserved rice mixture; serve with hens.
Nutrition Facts : Fat 75 g fat (20 g saturated fat), Cholesterol 328 mg cholesterol, Sodium 1,993 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 97 g carbohydrate, Fiber 5 g fiber, Protein 64 g protein.
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH RICE STUFFING
My mother used to make this for Easter dinner. The rice stuffing is a perfect partner for the hens. Packaged wild rice mix can be used as well.
Provided by MOMMYCOFFEY
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the almonds, onion, and uncooked wild rice. Saute 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in the water, chicken bouillon cube, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 45 minutes until rice is tender and easily fluffed with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season the Cornish game hens inside and out with salt, and stuff with the rice mixture. Place the hens breast side up on a rack in a baking pan. Brush with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover the baking pan, and cook the hens 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue cooking 1 hour, or until the hens are no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.3 g, Cholesterol 128.9 mg, Fat 32.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 15.8 g, Sodium 1341.1 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
More about "cornish game hens with cherry rice stuffing recipes"
10 BEST STUFFED CORNISH HENS WITH STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CORNISH HENS WITH WILD RICE STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
CORNISH HENS WITH APPLE-CRANBERRY RICE STUFFING - STRIPED ...
5/5 (18)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Main CourseCalories 1181 per serving
- Melt butter in a skillet until foaming subsides. Add onions and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add pecans, sage, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 more minutes, until pecans are fragrant.
- Combine apple cider and maple syrup in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a steady bubble. Simmer until mixture is syrupy and reduced to about 1/3 to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove hens from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to roasting. Remove giblets, rinse hens, and pat dry with a paper towel.
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH WILD RICE, MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE ...
4.5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 27 minsCategory DinnerCalories 584 per serving
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan, add rinsed rice and salt and bring back to a boil, and put the lid on the pan. Turn down to a low simmer and cook for 40 minutes. Then uncover and remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped onions and celery, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and saute for 8-9 minutes.
- Next, add the sausage and saute for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thyme and sage and cook for 3 minutes.
24 IDEAS FOR CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES - BEST RECIPES ...
- Grilled Cornish Game Hens Recipe. from Grilled Cornish Game Hens Recipe. Source Image: www.simplyrecipes.com. Visit this site for details: www.simplyrecipes.com.
- Herb Brined Cornish Game Hens Recipe. from Herb Brined Cornish Game Hens Recipe. Source Image: www.tasteofhome.com. Visit this site for details: www.tasteofhome.com.
- Cornish Game Hen Recipe with Apricot Glaze. from Cornish Game Hen Recipe with Apricot Glaze. Source Image: www.platingsandpairings.com.
- Roasted Brined Cornish Game Hens with Pomegranate Sauce. from Roasted Brined Cornish Game Hens with Pomegranate Sauce. Source Image: remcooks.com.
- Lemon Rosemary Cornish Game Hens Recipe on Food52. from Lemon Rosemary Cornish Game Hens Recipe on Food52. Source Image: food52.com.
- Cornish Game Hen Recipe with Orange Rosemary and Sherry. from Cornish Game Hen Recipe with Orange Rosemary and Sherry. Source Image: www.rachelcooks.com.
- The Earthy Delights Recipe Blog. from The Earthy Delights Recipe Blog. Source Image: earthydelightsblog.com. Visit this site for details: earthydelightsblog.com.
- Cornish Game Hens Whats Cooking America. from Cornish Game Hens Whats Cooking America. Source Image: whatscookingamerica.net.
- Pat s Deep Fried Cornish Game Hens recipe. from Pat s Deep Fried Cornish Game Hens recipe. Source Image: www.epicurious.com.
- cornish hens with sherry rosemary orange 600 5 of 6. from cornish hens with sherry rosemary orange 600 5 of 6. Source Image: www.rachelcooks.com.
FRUITED RICE STUFFED CORNISH HENS - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory MainCalories 1415 per serving
ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH CHERRY-PORT GLAZE RECIPE
4.5/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 4Calories 277 per serving
ROCK CORNISH GAME HENS WITH WILD RICE STUFFING
Author Monica Kass Rogers
ROASTED STUFFED CORNISH HENS | CANADIAN LIVING
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH RICE STUFFING RECIPE
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH CHERRY RICE STUFFING RECIPES
CORNISH HEN AND DRESSING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
STUFFED CORNISH HENS ON THE GRILL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH RICE STUFFING - ALL INFORMATION ...
TENDER STUFFED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CORNISH HENS WITH APRICOT GLAZE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CORNISH HENS AND WILD RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CRANBERRY GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
WILD RICE STUFFED CORNISH HENS RECIPE
APRICOT GLAZED STUFFED CORNISH HENS - ALL INFORMATION ...
BAKED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #main-dish #poultry #american #oven #holiday-event #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love