For a thicker chowder, use heavy cream or half-and-half.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Add the crab, broth, potatoes, corn, salt, dill and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in sherry.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER
I started cooking at a local restaurant when I was 16 years old. This creamy chowder was one of the soups we made. The recipe had been passed from cook to cook- but had never been written down, until now!
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
CRAB & SWEETCORN CHOWDER
This low-fat soup is packed with flavour and so simple to cook
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Soup
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the onion, white part of the leek and carrots in a large pan and pour on a few tbsp of the stock. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins, stirring regularly until soft. Add a splash more stock if the vegetables start to stick.
- Add the potato, green leek and most of the stock, and simmer for 10-15 mins, until the potato is tender. Tip in the sweetcorn and crab meat, then cook for a further 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche and some seasoning. Add the rest of the stock if the soup is too thick. Sprinkle with the chives and serve with brown bread, if you like.
This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. If you prefer your soup a little thicker, crush 6 saltines into fine crumbs and add them at the end of the procedure, when you add the crab. From Gourmet.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Chop bacon and in a 2-quart heavy saucepan cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving fat in pan.
- While bacon is cooking, cut onion into 1/4-inch dice.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch dice.
- Stir onion, potatoes, and water into bacon fat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender and most of water is evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- While mixture is simmering, pick over crab meat, removing any bits of shell and cartilage.
- Stir milk and cayenne into mixture and return just to a simmer.
- Add crab and salt and pepper to taste and bring chowder to a simmer.
- Serve chowder garnished with parsley and bacon.
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat a deep pot over moderate heat. Add oil and butter. As you chop your veggies, add them to the pot: potatoes, celery, onion, and red bell pepper. Add bay leaf to the pot. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Saute veggies 5 minutes, then sprinkle in flour. Cook flour 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and combine. Stir in milk and combine. Bring soup up to a bubble. Add corn and crab meat and simmer soup 5 minutes. Adjust the soup seasonings. Remove bay leaf. Ladle soup into bread bowls or soup bowls and top with oyster crackers, hot sauce and sliced scallions.
CREAMY CRAB CHOWDER
- Heat bacon grease and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, and parsley until onion is browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and pour in stock. Slowly stir in cream, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, chili powder, dill, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Add crab and simmer until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Mix flour with water in a small bowl and pour into the soup. Stir to thicken slightly. Add sherry just before serving.
CHRISSY'S CRAB CHOWDER
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In medium soup pot, saute the onion and celery on medium heat, with butter, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Turn heat to low, add flour, and mix well until pasty. Using a whisk, stirring slowly, add soft cooked bacon, diced cooked potatoes, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, celery salt, white pepper, seafood seasoning, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix, and then slowly add the milk and cream, stirring constantly. Add the corn, and finally, gently fold in the crabmeat. Stir slowly. Serve hot.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, thyme, salt, and pepper in hot butter until onion and celery start to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir potatoes, milk, broth, cream, and clam juice into onion mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour broth mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Return pureed soup to pot and stir in crabmeat. Cook until soup is hot and crab is heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
People also searched
More recipes about "crab chowder"
OLD FASHIONED SHRIMP AND CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
2011-09-04 · Add the flour to the vegetables and mix well, to make a roux, allow this to cook for at least 5 minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste. add the heated stock to the roux mixture and blend well. add in the heavy cream and season. allow chowder …
- start a seafood stock with any fish pieces, or scrap, shrimp shells or fish bones you may have on hand. ( you may use clam juice instead)
- add the butter to a 4 quart sauce pan with all of the rough cut vegetables and allow to cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the flour to the vegetables and mix well, to make a roux, allow this to cook for at least 5 minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
30 MINUTE! CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER!!! + WONKYWONDERFUL
2019-09-26 · How Do You Make Crab Corn Chowder In large pot, sauté onions and celery in oil over medium/high heat until tender. (5-10 minutes) Reduce heat to …
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and melt. Slow stir in flour while stirring. Cook 1-2 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once chowder reaches desired thickness salt and pepper to taste.
POTATO-CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2003-12-18 · Saute onion& garlic in melted butter in large sauce pan for 4 minutes. Add potato and saute 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add …
CREAMY & SPICY CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | CAMERON'S SEAFOOD
2017-08-22 · Our spicy and creamy crab chowder recipe is incredibly versatile and will hit the spot all year round. Pair it in the summer with a crisp sauvignon blanc, or in the winter with a warm sweater and your favorite book! This easy-to-make recipe is sure to be a hit with guests so we’re going to give you the recipe …
CREAMY SEAFOOD CHOWDER - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2018-10-08 · Instructions. Cook onion in butter until tender. Add flour, Old Bay seasoning and thyme and cook 2-3 minutes. Add carrot, celery, potato, corn, broth and wine & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and …
- Stir in seafood and cream. Cook until fish is fully cooked and flaky and potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
CORN-AND-CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2007-09-17 · Advertisement. Step 2. Sauté celery and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Step 3. Whisk together broth and flour until smooth. Add to celery mixture. Stir in corn. …
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon.
- Whisk together broth and flour until smooth. Add to celery mixture. Stir in corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Gently stir in crabmeat and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm with crumbled bacon and oyster crackers. Garnish, if desired.
CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING IN A CARIBOO VALLEY
2020-01-15 · Shuck crab and cut into small pieces. Fry bacon; add garlic, celery and onion. Add the butter and saute for 10 minutes. Sprinkle in some quick flour and stir while the sauce thickens.
MANHATTAN CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2016-06-03 · Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, diced fennel, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are just starting to brown, 6 to …
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, diced fennel, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are just starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add broth, water and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, crabmeat and fennel fronds. Return to a boil, stirring often; immediately remove from heat.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER (NO FLOUR) - LITTLE BROKEN
2017-07-27 · Transfer 2 cups of chowder to a food-processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot. Add corn, crab meat, half and half, and cook uncovered until corn is tender …
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, leeks, and sauté 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, Old Bay seasoning, salt, black pepper, to taste, and chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook partially covered over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are halfway done.
- Discard bay leaf. Transfer 2 cups of chowder to a food-processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot. Add corn, crab meat, half and half, and cook uncovered until corn is tender about 7-10 minutes. Make sure the chowder is not at a rapid boil at this point or the half and half will separate.
CRAB CAKE CHOWDER - A COMFORTING SEAFOOD CHOWDER ...
2015-02-11 · Ingredients For Crab Cake Chowder. This chowder recipe takes a little while to make, about an hour from start to finish but I promise you that it’s worth your time. Grab a glass of wine or a beer and get cooking! 1 pound crab …
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the potatoes, onion, celery and bell peppers. Stir, and then season with salt, pepper, cayenne and the Old Bay.
- Next add in the chicken stock and the Worcestershire sauce, stir and let simmer with the lid partially covered for 20 minutes.
CORN, CRAB AND SHRIMP CHOWDER RECIPE - ANDREW ZIMMERN ...
2013-12-07 · In the large pot, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the yellow pepper, onion, celery and chile and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the ground fennel and celery...
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil with the shrimp shells and corn cobs. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the cobs. Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a large, heatproof bowl, pressing on the shells to remove as much stock as possible. Wipe out the pot.
- In a small skillet, toast the celery and fennel seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant and starting to pop, about 45 seconds. Let cool completely. In a spice grinder or mortar, grind or crush the seeds to a powder.
- In the large pot, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the yellow pepper, onion, celery and chile and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the ground fennel and celery seeds and cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and shrimp stock and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the shrimp and crabmeat into the chowder. Cover and let stand until the shrimp turn pink on the outside, about 3 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and corn kernels. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat; immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until the shrimp are white throughout, about 3 minutes. Ladle the chowder into bowls and garnish with chives. Serve with buttered toast.
CRAB AND CREAM CHEESE WONTONS - RECIPE GIRL
2021-07-24 · As far as the crab is concerned, you can used fresh crab or canned crab. I buy the crab in a container in the refrigerated seafood section of Costco. Then I can use the leftovers to make Crab Fettuccine, Corn and Crab Chowder or Crab Salad. How to fill and shape wontons: Lay a wonton wrapper on a dry work surface. You’ll need a little bowl of ...
CHUNKY POTATO-CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2003-11-19 · Stir in milk, thyme, pepper, nutmeg, corn, and broth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in crab, parsley, and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
2021-07-19 · Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe . Share: Share recipe using facebookIconDesc. Share recipe using Twitter. Share recipe using Whatsapp. Share recipe using Pinterest. Copy and share the recipe link. How To Make Crab and Corn Chowder. Print . Served in less than an hour, this creamy crab and corn chowder uses chicken broth, pasteurized crabmeat, and chunky potatoes, for a filling warm …
CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | INSTITUTE OF CULINARY EDUCATION
2021-01-15 · Recipe Crab Chowder "I love chowder, but I find usually it is too thick and heavy due to the fact that most people thicken their recipes with a roux," Chef Frank says. "This recipe is close to a classic chowder, thickened with potatoes and cream." Crab Stock. Yields about 1 gallon. Ingredients . 1/4 cup clarified butter; 8 blue claw crabs (top shell, gills & guts removed), chopped; 2 small ...
See details ››
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER | OLD BAY - MCCORMICK
Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add potatoes onion celery bell pepper Old Bay Seasoning and bay leaf; cook and stir 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Stir in milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil.
See details ››
IMITATION CRAB MEAT CHOWDER RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
Spicy Crab Dib. A great dip to take to a party or have at a small get together. Wonderful with rye bread or crackers. Submitted by: TRIDELT1076
See details ››
OLD BAY CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE - TFRECIPES.COM
2021-01-21 · Melt the butter in a medium pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and Old Bay Seasoning. Stir in the clam juice, water, thyme, and potatoes and bring to a boil....
See details ››
CORN AND CRAB BISQUE CROCK POT RECIPE - IMAGE OF FOOD RECIPE
2021-07-26 · Crab and corn chowder the farmwife feeds crockpot crab and corn chowder recipe real advice gal weight watchers corn and crab bisque nesting lane. Related. Post navigation. Easy Vegetable Green Curry Recipe. Related Posts. Easy Vegetable Green Curry Recipe What Are The Best Recipes In Zelda What Are The Best Recipes In Breath Of Wild Best Cooking Recipes In Zelda Breath Of The Wild Best Food ...
See details ››
CRAB CHOWDER- TFRECIPES
Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by STUCK601. Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Chowders. Time 40m. Yield 6. Number Of Ingredients: 11. Ingredients; Nutrition ; 2 tablespoons unsalted butter: 1 yellow onion, finely chopped: 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices: 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme: salt and ground black pepper to taste: 7 potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces ...
See details ››