GINATAANG ALIMASAG (CRABS IN COCONUT MILK)
Growing up in the Philippines, my dad would catch a lot of crab, and this was my favorite dish he'd make with it. It's a cross between a sauce and a stew, curry-like in texture and rich with flavors of the sea; think coconut milk, fish sauce, and shrimp paste, cut with the sharpness of ginger and scallions. Enjoy with freshly steamed white rice.
Provided by Musang
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop crabs in and cook until shells turn bright red, 8 to 10 minutes. Plunge crabs into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat and add garlic oil. Stir in garlic and cook until lightly toasted and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and ginger and saute until onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add scallion whites. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add fish sauce and let infuse for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp paste and toast for about 3 minutes. Add Thai chiles; saute for 1 minute more. Pour in coconut milk and water. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes, adding more water if too dry.
- Meanwhile, break open the crab. Add to the sauce along with any accumulated juices. Simmer until flavors meld, 8 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in spinach and let wilt. Garnish with scallion greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.3 g, Cholesterol 23 mg, Fat 52.2 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 35 g, Sodium 308.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
CRAB IN COCONUT MILK (ALIMANGO SA GATA)
With a little touch of creativity and a lot of inspiration from the wonderful memories of my mother's delicious home-cooked meals, I came up with even better variations of Filipino dishes that I used to enjoy back home. Here is an example.
Provided by Pinaygourmet 345142
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large casserole over high heat, sauté the ginger, onion, garlic and lemon grass in oil.
- Add the crab, season with salt, pepper and vinegar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until it changes colour.
- Remove crab and cut in 4 equal pieces, put it back in the casserole, then pour the coconut milk, stir constantly, then add the oyster sauce and curry powder. Do not cover. Shake the casserole occasionally to distribute the seasoning evenly as well as to avoid the curdling of the coconut milk. Let it cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, celery, and broccoli, cook for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.5, Fat 30.4, SaturatedFat 23.6, Cholesterol 24, Sodium 466.6, Carbohydrate 21.7, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 11.5, Protein 13
More about "crab in coconut milk alimango sa gata recipes"
GINATAANG ALIMANGO (CRABS IN COCONUT MILK) - FOXY FOLKSY
Ratings 1Calories 297 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large pot, bring enough water to boil. Plunge the crabs head-first one by one. Add salt and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from water and cut the crabs into half. Reserve 1/2 cup of the crab stock.
- In a large pan, saute garlic and onion in oil until tender and aromatic over medium heat. Add squash and the water or reserved stock. Let it simmer until the squash becomes tender.
- Add coconut milk and continue to simmer until squash is really soft and mushy like a puree. Add the cooked crabs, yardlong beans, and chili peppers and season with fish sauce. Let it cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
GINATAANG ALIMASAG (CRABS IN COCONUT MILK) - FILIPINO CHOW
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
GINATAANG ALIMASAG SA KALABASA (SAND CRABS IN COCONUT MILK
CRAB IN COCONUT MILK RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GINATAANG ALIMASAG RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
GINATAANG ALIMASAG CRAB SA COCONUT MILK - BITEMYBUN.COM
CRAB IN COCONUT MILK (ALIMANGO SA GATA) - PLAIN.RECIPES
GINATAANG ALIMASAG (BLUE CRABS OR SEA CRABS COOKED IN COCONUT …
ALIMANGO SA ALIGUE RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
RECIPE: PERFECT GINATAANG ALIMANGO OR CRAB WITH COCONUT MILK
GINATAANG ALIMASAG CRAB IN COCONUT MILK - BITE MY BUN
CRAB IN COCONUT MILK - A SWEET AND SAVORY MIX -YUMMY KITCHEN
GINATAANG ALIMANGO (SPICY CRAB WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPE)
GINATAANG ALIMASAG WITH SOTANGHON
GINATAANG ALIMANGO - SPICY CRAB WITH COCONUT MILK
CRABS IN COCONUT MILK CURRY - THERESCIPES.INFO
GINATAANG ALIMASAG | CRAB WITH COCONUT MILK | HOW TO COOK …
GINATAANG ALIMANGO (CRABS IN COCONUT CREAM) | COOKING RECIPES, …
GINATAANG ALIMANGO RECIPE - PINOY RECIPE AT IBA PA
CRAB IN COCONUT MILK (ALIMANGO SA GATA) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GINATAANG ALIMASAG - KAWALING PINOY
CRAB WITH COCONUT MILK FILIPINO - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RELLENONG ALIMASAG SA GATA (STUFFED CRAB IN COCONUT MILK)
GINATAANG KING CRABS, KING CRABS IN COCONUT MILK
GINATAANG ALIMANGO AT HIPON RECIPE - PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
CRAB WITH COCONUT MILK FILIPINO - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
GINATAANG ALIMASAG - CRAB IN COCONUT CREAM SAUCE
ALIMANGO SA GATA RECIPE | PINAY LIFESTYLE
ALIMANGO SA GATA (CRAB IN COCONUT MILK) RECIPE
46 EASY AND TASTY COCONUT CRAB RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS CRAB IN COCONUT …
CRAB COCONUT MILK RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CRABS IN COCONUT MILK (GINATAANG ALIMASAG) - ASIAN RECIPES
GINATAANG LABONG RECIPE OR BAMBOO SHOOTS IN COCONUT MILK
EASIEST WAY TO COOK YUMMY GINATAANG ALIMANGO OR CRAB WITH …
ADOBONG ALIMANGO SA GATA RECIPE - BETWEEN YOU AND CHERRY
ALIMASAG AT LANGKA SA GATA - PANLASANG PINOY MEATY RECIPES
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
GINATAANG ALIMASAG LUTONG PINOY - CRABS IN COCONUT MILK
67 FILIPINO NEW IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING, CHICKEN RECIPES
GINATAANG ALIMANGO (SPICY CRAB IN COCONUT MILK) - YOUTUBE
You'll also love