- In a large saucepan, combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon stick, sugar, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. (If sauce begins to stick to the bottom of the pan, add 2 to 4 tablespoons more water.)
- Remove from heat; discard cinnamon stick. Stir in lemon juice.
EASY CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE
This bright pink applesauce is simple enough for a weeknight supper and festive enough for special occasions. It's a favorite with my family and friends and looks fabulous at a Christmas dinner! You can substitute Splenda® for the sugar.
Provided by Annette Zipple Walen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir apples, cranberries, sugar, water, cinnamon, and salt together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until apples and cranberries are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir lemon juice into cranberry mixture.
- Mash cranberry mixture with a wooden spoon or fork to make a chunky sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, Carbohydrate 31.4 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 2.1 mg, Sugar 24.7 g
CHUNKY CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE
I love to cook and even have a food column in two area newspapers. This crimson-colored relish is a "must" during the holidays.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries and water. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until apples are tender., Stir in raisins, brown sugar, red-hots, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until candies are dissolved. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts :
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE MUFFINS
I start making these in November and don't stop till Spring! They are a great addition to a Christmas brunch or egg casserole and the aroma while they bake is heavenly!
Provided by MISS ALIX
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together applesauce, oil and egg. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in egg mixture. Stir until just moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans. Spoon into muffin cups, 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.1 calories, Carbohydrate 28.5 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 208.6 mg, Sugar 11 g
Instead of the usual jellied cranberry sauce, I serve this refreshing alternative. It's not too sweet and not too sour...plus it's a snap to make.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add cranberries; cover and cook until apples are tender and berries pop, about 15 minutes. , Mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in zest, ginger and cinnamon. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
A wonderful compliment to many dishes. Also a great side for the "2013 Thanksgiv-ukkah", as it goes very well with Recipe #509834. Super easy to make and yummy. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Provided by rosie316
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium sauce pan, combine cranberries, spices, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and core apples and cut into 1/2" cubes, and add to the cranberry mixture after the original 20 minutes of simmering and mix well. Cover the sauce pan and continue to simmer an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce begins to stick, add a small amount of water.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
This is more like a relish than something that you would eat like plain applesauce. Wonderful served with roast chicken, Turkey and great with pork. Use as a glaze on poultry (last 20 minutes in the oven)
Provided by Bergy
Categories Low Protein
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan, mix, cover and simmerer for 35 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Stir occasionally Serve hot or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.7, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 13.1, Carbohydrate 78.4, Fiber 7, Sugar 66.1, Protein 0.7
- In a heavy saucepan cook the apples, the cranberries, the sugar, the apple juice or water, the cinnamon stick, and the zest over moderate heat, stirring, for 15 minutes, or until the apples are very soft. Discard the cinnamon stick and the zest, force the apple mixture through the medium disk of a food mill into a bowl, and stir in the butter. Serve the applesauce warm or chilled. The applesauce keeps, covered and chilled, for 1 week.
More about "cranberry applesauce recipes"
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (9)Occupation FounderCuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish, Apple, Applesauce, Cranberry
EASY HOMEMADE CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE | KROLL'S KORNER
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPE WITH NO SUGAR - EATING RICHLY
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE (SUGAR FREE + EASY) - INSTANT POT …
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - WEST OF THE LOOP
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - JELLY TOAST
CRANBERRY APPLE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
INSTANT POT CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - COOKING WITH CARLEE
APPLESAUCE CRANBERRY BARS - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
NO SUGAR CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE | CHELSEY AMER NUTRITION
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - SLOW COOKER PERFECTION - KITCHEN DIVAS
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH APPLESAUCE • LOAVES AND DISHES
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - JAMIE GELLER
CRANBERRY APPLE SAUCE RECIPE - THREE LITTLE GOATS
APPLESAUCE CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - GLUED TO MY CRAFTS
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - SIMPLY WHISKED
CHUNKY CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE | WHOLEFULLY
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE | TOURISM PEI
TART & SWEET CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - HARVARD HOMEMAKER
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
THE BEST APPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
CRANBERRY APPLE SAUCE - NUTRITIOUS EATS
MEDLINEPLUS: CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - HAPPY KIDS KITCHEN BY HEATHER WISH STALLER
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH APPLES - CULINARY HILL
EASY HOMEMADE CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE (WITH MAPLE SYRUP)
HARVEST APPLE CRANBERRY CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - KATIE'S CUCINA
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - PURDUE EXTENSION NUTRITION EDUCATION …
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - FOOD HERO
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - CIA FOODIES
CROCK-POT CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - CROCK-POT LADIES
CHUNKY CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SLOW COOKER MAPLE CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - ABRA'S KITCHEN
EASY CINNAMON APPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE - RACHEL COOKS®
INSTANT POT CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - THE TYPICAL MOM
APPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE - SLENDER KITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #healthy #jewish-sephardi #side-dishes #fruit #american #middle-eastern #dinner-party #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #apples #berries
You'll also love