DIJON-TARRAGON CREAM CHICKEN
Chicken breasts bathed in a delicate mustard tarragon sauce. A quick and simple recipe that you can serve on a weeknight but tastes like a French chef came to your house!
Provided by DELTAQUEEN50
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt the butter and heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in the skillet. Brown on both sides. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- Stir cream into the pan, scraping up brown bits. Mix in mustard and tarragon. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet to coat with sauce. Drizzle chicken with remaining sauce to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 120.3 mg, Fat 21 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 226.8 mg
SAUTEED CHICKEN IN MUSTARD-CREAM SAUCE
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Pour wine into hot skillet; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour any accumulated chicken juices from plate into sauce. Right before serving, drizzle cream sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 g, Fat 20 g, Protein 40 g
CREAMY MUSTARD & TARRAGON CHICKEN
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan. Season the chicken breasts, then brown for 1 min on each side. Remove from the pan, then set aside.
- Add the crème fraîche, mustards and tarragon to the pan, stirring to combine everything. Bring to a simmer, then return the chicken to the pan, spooning some of the sauce over the fillets. Lift into the oven, then bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and sauce bubbling. Great with green beans and rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 0.46 milligram of sodium
MUSTARD TARRAGON CHICKEN
I usually prepare this chicken in the morning, refrigerate it the rest of the day and then just pop it into the oven right before mealtime.-Beth Brown, Naples, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the butter, mustard and garlic salt in a shallow bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, tarragon and pepper in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. , Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Fat 19g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 476mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein.
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CREAM SAUCE
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, skin side down, until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn over; cook 1 minute. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate.
- Add shallots to same skillet; reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add brandy; simmer until liquid is reduced, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Whisk in broth. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes. Transfer to platter; reserve skillet.
- Whisk cream, tarragon, and mustard into same skillet. Increase heat to high; boil until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken.
CREAMY CHICKEN TARRAGON WITH EGG NOODLES
You can use any chicken pieces you like, we enjoy using skin-on/bone-in pieces rather than b/s chicken breasts.
Provided by 2Bleu
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season both sides of the chicken with dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven (or large skillet) over medium-high heat. Carefully lower the chicken into the pot and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side to sear (just until they begin to brown slightly). Transfer the still-raw chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat under the pot to medium. Add chopped onion and optional mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Add the wine to deglaze the pan, cooking for about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream and half of the tarragon. Return the chicken to the pot and adjust the heat so that the cream gently simmers. Cover and cook, turning chicken occasionally, until it's firm and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter, season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Remove chicken pieces from the pot, raise heat to medium-high and continue to simmer the sauce, uncovered, for a few minutes to thicken. Re-season with remaining tarragon and additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove about 1 cup of sauce and toss it with the egg noodles. Plate up the noodles, then place the chicken over the noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 847.7, Fat 55.8, SaturatedFat 24, Cholesterol 258.9, Sodium 461.5, Carbohydrate 44.6, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 1.7, Protein 38.5
ROASTED MUSTARD TARRAGON CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Pull off excess fat around cavities of chicken and discard, then rinse chicken and pat dry. Mix together 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and rub inside cavity. Chop enough tarragon to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons and set aside, then add remainder of bunch to cavity. Put chicken in a flameproof shallow roasting pan or gratin dish and rub all over with 1/3 cup mustard. Tie legs together with string and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into fleshy part of a thigh (do not touch bone) registers 170°F, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully tilt chicken so juices from cavity run into roasting pan, then transfer chicken to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from pan. Whisk in flour, then cook over medium heat, whisking, 1 minute. Add water, whisking constantly and scraping up brown bits, and bring to a boil. Simmer sauce until slightly thickened, then whisk in cream, remaining tablespoon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids, then stir in reserved chopped tarragon. Serve chicken with sauce.
CREAMY TARRAGON CHICKEN
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Blend the sour cream, sherry, mustard, tarragon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in 13" x 9" baking dish and top with the creamy mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- Serve with sauce from the baking dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.2, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 87.6, Sodium 386.7, Carbohydrate 4.4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 3.3, Protein 25.3
CREAMY MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CHICKEN
These lightly breaded chicken breasts are bathed in a creamy tarragon and mustard sauce. They're quick to fix as a weeknight meal yet fancy enough for company!
Provided by blancdeblanc
Categories Chicken Breasts
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and season lightly with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge each in the flour.
- Cook the chicken in the hot oil and butter until golden, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and brown on the other side, 3 additional minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir the red onion into the oil and butter that remains in the skillet. Cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the chicken broth into the pan, and simmer while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour in the wine and bring back to a simmer. Cook the sauce until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to the pan along with any juices that have accumulated. Simmer chicken in the sauce until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a warmed platter.
- Whisk the mustard and sour cream into the sauce; stir in the tarragon. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 93.5 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 34.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 226.6 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
More about "creamy mustard tarragon chicken recipes"
CHICKEN IN TARRAGON-MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD …
5/5 (100)Total Time 30 minsServings 4
- In a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet in a single layer. Cook over high heat, turning once, until browned but not cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate. Pour off any fat in the skillet.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 4 minutes. Add the stock, cream and mustard and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet and simmer over moderate heat until the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tarragon. Serve with buttered noodles.
CREAMY MUSTARD & TARRAGON CHICKEN RECIPE - COOK.ME …
Cuisine WorldTotal Time 32 minsServings 4Calories 411 per serving
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM TARRAGON SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
CREAMY TARRAGON CHICKEN WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS - EAT, …
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD-TARRAGON CREAM SAUCE
MUSTARD TARRAGON CHICKEN - FARMERS DAIRY
TARRAGON MUSTARD SAUCE FOR CHICKEN WITHOUT CREAM
CREAMY FRENCH CHICKEN TARRAGON (POULET à L’ESTRAGON)
CREAMY MUSTARD BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
BAKED TARRAGON CHICKEN THIGHS - THERESCIPES.INFO
MUSTARD TARRAGON CHICKEN - CENTRAL DAIRIES
CREAMY MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CHICKEN - LUNCH RECIPES
CHICKEN MUSTARD TARRAGON WITH PROSCIUTTO - RECIPE30
CHICKEN IN TARRAGON-MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN IN TARRAGON MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE | MYKETOHOME
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY TARRAGON-MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY TARRAGON CHICKEN - PINCH OF NOM
CREAMY TARRAGON AND MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
CREAMY TARRAGON CHICKEN - COOKING FOR KEEPS
ONE-TRAY CREAMY POTATO, MUSTARD AND TARRAGON ROAST CHICKEN …
CREAMY TARRAGON CHICKEN & MASHED POTATOES - PLOCHMAN'S …
TARRAGON CHICKEN - GIRL WITH THE IRON CAST
TOP 48 TARRAGON CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
CREAMY TARRAGON DIJON SKILLET CHICKEN - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CHICKEN WITH CREAM, MUSTARD AND TARRAGON - THIS UPSIDE DOWN LIFE
CHICKEN RAVIOLI WITH TARRAGON SAUCE | FOOD & HOME MAGAZINE
TARRAGON CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CREAMY LEMON TARRAGON DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - THE RUSTIC FOODIE®
CREAMY MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CHICKEN | OGNYAN
CREAMY TARRAGON MUSTARD CHICKEN - FRESH HUNGER
CREAMY MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CHICKEN | RECIPESTY
CREAMY MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
CHICKEN WITH TARRAGON CREAM SAUCE RECIPE FROM RACHAEL RAY
CREAMY DIJON MUSTARD CHICKEN - CLOSET COOKING
CREAMY MUSTARD AND TARRAGON CHICKEN - CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
You'll also love