HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA
Crispy orange halibut is topped with a homemade salsa featuring tomatoes, oranges, kalamata olives and basil for a company-worthy dish that'll bring raves. -Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning. Add the halibut; seal bag and turn to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes., Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, orange zest, salt and remaining jerk seasoning. Drain and discard marinade. Coat halibut with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet., Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3-6 minutes or until lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. , In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with halibut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 593mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED HALIBUT WITH ARUGULA SALSA VERDE
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the fish topping: Mix the chives, parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl. Cover and chill. This can be prepared 4 hours ahead, but keep chilled.
- For the baked halibut: Coat the halibut fillets all over with the olive oil. Place the fish on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and chive-lemon topping, pressing slightly to adhere. Bake the fish just until opaque in the center, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer 1 fish fillet to each of 4 plates. Spoon the Arugula Salsa Verde alongside. Serve with the lemon wedges, if using.
- Stir the arugula, parsley, olive oil, capers, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and red pepper together in a small bowl. Cover and chill. The salsa can be prepared 4 hours ahead, but let it stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 calorie, Fat 23 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 85 milligrams, Sodium 1219 milligrams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 1 grams
PAN-SEARED HALIBUT WITH CITRUS SALSA
- Using a paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the orange and tangerine. Working over a large bowl, carefully cut between the membranes to release the citrus segments, allowing them to fall into the bowl along with any juices. Add the avocado, onions, cilantro and lime zest and juice to the bowl with the citrus. Gently toss to mix. Season the salsa with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the halibut liberally with salt and pepper. Add the halibut to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the halibut to serving plates, top with salsa and serve.
HALIBUT CHEEKS WITH GINGER-ORANGE SAUCE
Halibut cheeks are really delicious and super-easy to cook. Here they are pan-seared and served with a zingy orange sauce with Asian seasonings. Great with asparagus and jasmine rice for a light and tasty Spring dinner.
Provided by Always Cooking Up Something
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk the orange juice, cilantro, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the halibut cheeks until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Pour the orange juice mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the halibut flakes easily with a fork and the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove halibut cheeks to a plate and drizzle with orange sauce to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 63.1 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 37.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 547 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
ORANGE GLAZED HALIBUT
Another clipping from my Great Aunt's recipe collection. I am not sure if she tried this one or not, but it certainly sounds good to me. This one came from a cookbooklet put out by the small local newspaper, The Naperville Sun.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Boil some water (you will need enough to cover the fish)- once it has boiled, add some salt to taste.
- Put halibut into a large skillet and cover with boiling salted water.
- Place lemon, onion, parsley, and tarragon on top, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until halibut is just beginning to flake when poked with a fork (don't overcook).
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, Tabasco, and butter in a small pan for the sauce.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice and cook and stir until thickened and clear.
- Add orange sections and heat through, then serve over fish.
More about "halibut with orange salsa recipes"
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA - WOMAN'S DAY
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 minCalories 275 per serving
SEAR-ROASTED HALIBUT WITH BLOOD ORANGE SALSA
4.5/5 (6)Category Main CourseServings 4Calories 380 per serving
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Servings 4Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 298 per serving
WALNUT-CRUSTED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA | RECIPE | QUICK CHICKEN ...
SEAR-ROASTED HALIBUT WITH BLOOD ORANGE SALSA
RECIPE: HALIBUT FILLET WITH CITRUS SALSA AND ASPARAGUS
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA | RECIPE | HALIBUT, SALSA, SALSA INGREDIENTS
HALIBUT WITH CITRUS SALSA | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
FRESH ORANGE HALIBUT - TONY'S MEATS & MARKET
HALIBUT POACHED IN ORANGE BROTH WITH TROPICAL SALSA RECIPE
PAN-FRIED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE FENNEL SALSA | EAT NORTH
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE BUTTER | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
SEAR-ROASTED HALIBUT WITH BLOOD ORANGE SALSA • THE HERITAGE COOK
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SAFFRON SAUCE AND …
SEAR-ROASTED HALIBUT WITH BLOOD ORANGE SALSA – SHREDDED SPROUT
FISH TACOS WITH ORANGE SALSA - THE ROASTED ROOT
HALIBUT WITH CUCUMBER AND ORANGE SALSA RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA - PLAIN.RECIPES
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH FENNEL-ORANGE SALSA RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA - BIGOVEN.COM
BAKED HALIBUT WITH SALSA VERDE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HALIBUT WITH CUCUMBER AND ORANGE SALSA - RECIPES LIST
BROILED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE- SHALLOT BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
OUR TOP 10 HALIBUT RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
ALASKA HALIBUT WITH ORANGE BARNAISE SAUCE
WALNUT-CRUSTED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA - WOMAN'S DAY
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA | RECIPE IN 2021 | HALIBUT, ORANGE SALSA ...
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH WATERMELON-ORANGE SALSA RECIPE | SELF
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH FENNEL-ORANGE SALSA - RECIPES LIST
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA | RECIPE | HALIBUT RECIPES BAKED, RECIPES ...
PAN-SEARED HALIBUT WITH CITRUS-JALAPEñO SALSA - DOMESTICATE ME
ORANGE GINGER BAKED HALIBUT WITH BLUEBERRY AVOCADO SALSA
OVEN BAKED HALIBUT WITH PEACH SALSA - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
HALIBUT WITH ORANGES AND SALSA VERDE - CIAO CHOW LINDA
HALIBUT WITH RAW PUTTANESCA SALSA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH FENNEL ORANGE SALSA RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
HALIBUT WITH HUSK CHERRY SALSA RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook halibut with orange juice?In a medium bowl, combine the reduced orange juice, blood orange segments, onion, cilantro, olive oil, and orange zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix the orange zest, thyme, 1-1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Rub the mixture all over the halibut fillets.
What are the best halibut recipes?While the halibut cooks, make the peach salsa. Combine the peaches, cucumber, bell pepper, parsley, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine, then taste for seasoning. Adjust with additional lime juice, salt, or pepper as needed. Generously top the baked halibut with the salsa, then serve immediately.
What goes well with orange halibut?Crispy orange halibut is topped with a homemade salsa featuring tomatoes, oranges, kalamata olives and basil for a company-worthy dish that’ll bring raves. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
How to cook halibut cheeks?Whisk the orange juice, cilantro, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl; set aside. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the halibut cheeks until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Pour the orange juice mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil.