- Put the saffron threads and water in a small bowl and let infuse for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet and cook the onion and zucchini over medium heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, and saffron and it's soaking liquid and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the tomato wedges, chickpeas, and artichokes and cook, stirring, for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until the rice is glossy and coated. Pour in most of the hot stock and bring to a boil, then let simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Do not stir during cooking, but shake the pan once or twice. Add the green beans and season. Shake the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the rice grains are cooked. If the liquid is absorbed too quickly, pour in a little more hot stock, then shake the pan to spread the liquid through the paella.
- When all the liquid has been absorbed and you detect a faint toasty aroma coming form the rice, remove from the heat immediately to prevent burning. Cover the pan with a clean dish towel or foil and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve direct from the pan with the lemon wedges to squeeze over the rice.
More about "artichoke paella recipes"
ARTICHOKE PAELLA - MEAT FREE MONDAY
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
VEGETARIAN PAELLA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine SpanishCategory Main CourseServings 4
CHICKPEA, ARTICHOKE, AND MILLET PAELLA [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ARTICHOKE AND ROASTED RED PEPPER PAELLA RECIPE - HOME CHEF
Total Time 35 minsCalories 549 per serving
SPANISH ARTICHOKE AND ZUCCHINI PAELLA [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN ...
Servings 4Calories 349 per servingEstimated Reading Time 1 min
PAELLA WITH ARTICHOKES & CHICKEN | SOMETHING NEW FOR …
Servings 6-8Total Time 2 hrs 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main DishCalories 459 per serving
- Mince the onion. Mince the garlic. Finely chop the tomatoes, removing the cores but keeping the seeds with their juices.
- Dry the shrimp and add it to a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. In your largest skillet or a 4-serving paella pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and saute until it is just barely opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp and set it aside.
- In the same pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until just translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped tomatoes, the remaining 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and red pepper flakes, and cook until the tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in the stock, saffron and 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Sprinkle the rice evenly across the broth and tap the pan with a spoon to evenly spread the rice. Bring to a medium simmer and cook without stirring until liquid is absorbed, about 18 to 22 minutes (adjust the cook time as necessary if using a skillet).
EASY SHRIMP PAELLA – A COUPLE COOKS
4.2/5 (25)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main DishCalories 514 per serving
- In a large skillet or paella pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high. Add the shrimp and saute until just barely opaque, about 1 minute per side, sprinkling with 1 pinch kosher salt, 1 pinch oregano, and 1 pinch red pepper flakes. Set the shrimp aside.
- In the skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until just translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until all liquid is reduced, about 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the rice, smoked paprika, turmeric (or saffron), and kosher salt for about 1 minute. Add the broth and spinach and stir in the spinach so that it is covered by the liquid. Bring to a medium simmer; do not stir. (The goal is to slowly cook down the liquid through the rice without stirring, so make sure the heat is not too high.) Arrange artichoke quarters on top of the rice. While you wait, clean the kitchen, set the table, assemble a simple green salad or dessert.
- Cook until the rice is al dente and the liquid is fully cooked down, about 20 minutes. In the last 3 minutes, arrange the peas and cooked shrimp on top.
SPANISH PAELLA WITH SHRIMP AND ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCuisine SpanishCalories 416 per serving
ARTICHOKE & POBLANO CAMPFIRE PAELLA - FRESH OFF THE GRID
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 300 per serving
- Place the poblanos peppers, green onions, and sausage directly on the grill grate over the fire, turning occasionally, until the peppers and onions are soft and charred and the sausage is mostly cooked through. Remove from the grill. Slice the sausage into 1/4 inch rounds. Allow the peppers to cool, then peel off the skin, remove the seeds, and chop. Chop green onions into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place cast iron skillet on the grill directly over the fire. Pour enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet, then add the shallots. Saute until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add in the sliced sausage and garlic and saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it just begins to become translucent at the ends. Pour 1/4 cup red wine into the pan, allow to evaporate, and then add the broth. Season with salt and a pinch of saffron. Stir well to evenly distribute all the ingredients, and then allow to simmer, undisturbed, until all of the liquid is absorbed, 20-30 minutes.
- Add the chopped poblanos, green onions, and artichoke hearts to the pan to reheat. At this point, the paella will begin to develop the socarrat on the bottom. After a few minutes you will begin to hear the rice begin crackling – this is your indicator that the dish is nearly done. Cook for a few more minutes to ensure the socarrat has developed (you can use a spoon to check a small portion of the pan).
- Serve immediately, shared out of the skillet or served on individual plates along with a glass of the remaining red wine.
SEAFOOD AND CHICKEN PAELLA WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE ...
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory RiceCalories 796 per serving
- Cut the red pepper, removing the seeds and slice into 4 sections. In the oven (475) or over the grill, roast the peppers until charred, about 12 - 15 minutes. Remove the pepper to a bowl and place a plate over it to steam the veggies for about 10 - 15 minutes. Remove the skin and cut the peppers into strips. Set aside in a baggie.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. In two separate containers, add the marinade to the chicken and the prawns. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Heat about 1 T of the marinade in a skillet over medium high heat and cook the chicken until lightly brown. Remove the chicken to a plate.
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE WITH SHRIMP & ARTICHOKE HEARTS ...
Cuisine SpanishCategory Main CourseServings 2Total Time 45 mins
- Drain a can of artichoke hearts and pat them dry, finely mince 4 cloves of garlic, finely dice 1/2 of a red bell pepper, pat dry 15 jumbo shrimp that have been peeled and deveined and season them with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and reserve 1 cup of Spanish bomba rice
- Heat a paella pan with a medium-high heat and add a generous 1/4 cup of extra virgin Spanish olive, 1 minute later season the oil with sea salt and add the artichoke hearts and cook for about 4 minutes until they start to brown, then make a well in the middle and add the diced bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes, make another well in the middle and add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, season with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika and mix it all together, then add 1/2 cup of tomato puree, season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and mix it all together until well combined
- After cooking the tomato puree for 1 minute add 2 1/2 cups of water, a 1/4 teaspoon of saffron threads (pinch them into the water), season again with sea salt and give it a gentle mix, once it comes to a boil add the 1 cup of bomba rice and gently distribute the rice with a wooden spoon, then add the 15 jumbo shrimp, after 2 minutes flip the shrimp around, at this point do not mix the rice, you can give the pan a quick shake once in a while, 10 minutes after adding the rice lower the fire to a low heat, 3 minutes later and there is very little water left heat it back to a medium-high heat for 2 minutes to achieve the socarrat, remove the pan from the heat and cover for 5 minutes
VEGAN PAELLA WITH ARTICHOKE - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
5/5 Total Time 35 minsCategory MainsCalories 415 per serving
- 1 Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and fry for a few min until softened. Add the garlic and fry for a few more min. Just before the garlic starts to brown, add the red capsicum, arborio rice and turmeric, and season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir for 1 min to coat the rice in the mixture.
- 2 Add 1/3 cup boiling water to the pan, then crumble in the ½ stock cube and simmer, stirring continuously, as the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Gradually add more boiling water (1/3 cup at a time – you will need about 1 2/3 cup in total), until the rice is cooked. This will take about 15 min.
- 3 When the rice is cooked, stir in the frozen peas and cook for about 3 min, then add the artichokes. Remove from the heat and season with more pepper to serve.
VEGAN PAELLA (WITH MARINATED PEPPERS AND ARTICHOKES)
5/5 (8)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 352 per serving
- At the end of cooking time, increase the heat to medium-high and leave to cook for 5 minutes, without burning. That should do it. If you start to smell burning, just reduce the heat.
LEMON-AND-ARTICHOKE PAELLA WITH PUMPKIN | SHAPE
- To make the spice blend: Finely grind together the coriander and fennel seeds and saffron, and immediately mix with the turmeric and Aleppo pepper.
- To make the paella: Coat a large saute pan with oil (2 to 3 tablespoons), and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, 2 pinches of the spice blend, and a pinch of salt. Stir well, spread in an even layer, and cover. Cook until the onion is just translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, 2 more pinches of the spice blend, and a pinch of salt, and stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are bright, about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the peppers are almost tender, about 3 minutes. If the vegetables seem like they're burning, add a little more oil. Transfer the vegetables to a plate.
- Coat the pan generously with more oil (3 to 4 tablespoons), and raise the heat to medium-high. Add the artichokes and lemon, and season with salt. Stir well, spread in an even layer, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
ORIGINAL 〖 ARTICHOKE PAELLA RECIPE 〗 & BEANS TYPICAL ...
Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
ARTICHOKE PAELLA RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Cuisine European, SpanishTotal Time 55 minsServings 4
RECIPE: AN EASY OVEN PAELLA WITH SHRIMP AND ARTICHOKES ...
Author Sally Pasley Vargas
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI’S ARTICHOKE RECIPES | VEGETABLES | THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
ARTICHOKE AND ROASTED RED PEPPER PAELLA - THE …
3.8/5 (18)Servings 4Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 333 per serving
CANNED TUNA AND ARTICHOKE PAELLA RECIPE | MAHATMA® RICE
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
TUNA AND ARTICHOKE PAELLA WITH PAPRIKA AND SAFFRON ...
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE PAELLA - PAELLA DE POLLO Y ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
QUARANTINE SHABBAT: CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE PAELLA ON A WOOD ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE PAELLA - SHOP THE SAFFRON COMPANY JJ
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #side-dishes #beans #rice #vegetables #spanish #european #dinner-party #holiday-event #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #chick-peas-garbanzos #pasta-rice-and-grains #medium-grain-rice #artichoke
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make vegetarian paella?An easy vegetarian paella recipe. Try using it as a template and substituting your favourite seasonal vegetables. Read more about sharing. In a frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
What's the best way to cook artichokes?Fill an extra-large saucepan with enough water to come halfway up the sides. Add the bay leaf, squeeze in the juice of all four lemon halves, then add the skins and half a teaspoon of salt. Remove the stems from the artichokes then add them and the artichokes to the water.
How long does it take to cook paella rice?Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 18-20 minutes, or until the paella rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Add the cherry tomatoes and peas and continue to simmer for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the rice is just tender.
How to cook artichokes with honey and thyme?Toss the pepper strips in three tablespoons of oil, the honey, thyme, half a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of pepper, then spread out on an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper and roast for 15 minutes. Remove the peppers, change the oven setting to grill and turn the heat up to 220C.