PUMPKIN AND BUTTERNUT CREAMED SOUP
This is delicious! I make this soup every year at Thanksgiving. I serve this soup in mini halved roasted pumpkins. A blend of squash, cream, spices and sprinkled Asiago cheese is sure to warm your heart and soul...
Provided by Sandis Take
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the butternut squash cubes in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain off water, and set the squash aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, then cook the carrots, onion, and celery until tender, about 10 minutes. Place the vegetables, cooked butternut squash, cream, and sour cream into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth, working in batches if necessary. Transfer the blended vegetables to a soup pot; stir in the chicken broth, nutmeg, black pepper, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat, then simmer gently for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup is simmering, place the pumpkin halves, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until the pumpkin flesh is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Start the broiler, and place the pumpkin halves under the broiler about 6 inches from the heat source to brown the cut side of the pumpkins, if desired. Place a pumpkin bowl into a decorative soup plate; serve soup in the pumpkin bowls, and sprinkle each serving with Asiago cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.4 g, Cholesterol 52.1 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 819.6 mg, Sugar 7 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH-PUMPKIN SPICE SOUP
This delicious soup is quick and easy to make by roasting fall-harvested butternut squash. This recipe provides a great way to get that pumpkin spice goodness into your fall soup lineup.
Provided by Howard
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves in a small bowl. Set pumpkin spice mix aside.
- Place butternut squash and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Add vegetable broth, cream, and salt; blend until smooth. Add 4 tablespoons of the reserved pumpkin spice mix, and blend until combined. Ladle into 6 microwave-safe soup bowls.
- Cook each serving in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir soup and continue to cook and stir, every 30 seconds, until hot. Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons Greek yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice mix.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.4 g, Cholesterol 33.5 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 539.1 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
CREAMY PUMPKIN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
The best squash soup ever!!!! Easy to make and you can do it low fat. Perfect for Thanksgiving or on a cool autumn night.
Provided by Lori W.
Yield 6 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, sauté onions in butter and oil for 10 minutes. Add pumpkin, squash, broth or stock, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until squash is very tender. Process mixture until smooth with a hand blender or in a food processor. Add half-and-half and reheat slowly over low heat: add remaining salt to taste. Top servings with Gruyere cheese and croutons, if desired.
BEST EVER PUMPKIN OR BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
I made this for a dinner party recently and served with French bread it went down very well. I'm not the greatest fan of soups, but as winter is setting in, I find that this is fantastic to have on hand. I make a large amount up on the weekend and take out what I need in the morning so that it has time to defrost before I get home. Once home, 10 minutes on the stove and I have a filling and healthy or filling and luxurious dinner, or starter to stave off the hunger whilst I cook the mains. Time and quantities are relative estimates as I tend to use what I have, and just make sure that the water doesn't evaporate from the pot. It usually takes about an hour and freezes exceptionally well. Add cream for extra richness if you like, but it is not necessary.
Provided by Luschka
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Saute the sliced onion and crushed garlic in a little olive oil.
- Add the pumpkin or butternut squash and peeled potatoes to the pot and immediately add enough water to cover everything.
- Add the oregano and cover the pot with a lid that allows steam to escape.
- Boil until the pumpkin/butternut squash and potatoes are soft.
- Either mash the vegetables for a chunky soup or blend for a smooth soup.
- At this point, the soup can be refrigerated for a few days or frozen for a few months or served immediately.
- When ready to serve, warm up the soup and mix in the cream saving a little to swirl on each plate. The cream is a delicious extra, but for a lighter, healthier soup I leave out the cream.
CREAMY CASHEW BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Growing up, I spent a lot of time in vegetarian restaurants even though I was not vegetarian, just on a quest to discover delicious, healthy foods that would help my dad to lose weight and feel good. I was already a fan of butternut squash soup when I was introduced to using cashews as a substitute for cream. This soup is loaded with flavor, fiber and protein. One of my favorite things to do is to ask my guests to figure out the mystery ingredient; nobody ever guesses that I have swapped out the heavy cream for the healthy, raw cashews. This soup is perfect for your vegetarian and vegan guests.
Provided by Dawn Lerman
Categories soups and stews, appetizer
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In large stockpot or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the cashews and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent and the cashews have slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the squash, broth, ginger, cumin, coriander, curry powder, turmeric and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and bring the soup to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook the soup until the squash is easily pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover the soup and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Starting on slow speed and increasing to high, purée the soup in small batches, in a blender until smooth. Place a towel over the top of the blender in case of any splatters. You can also use an immersion blender (let the soup remain in the pot), but it will take longer to purée until smooth.
- If using a blender, return the soup to the pot, add the coconut milk and rosemary sprig, and cook over low heat, covered, until slightly thickened, for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready. If serving the soup later, while reheating the soup, thin it out with more broth or coconut milk until the desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 208, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 373 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
I used to live in Australia, where this soup is served often. I had to have the recipe, and now it's one of my family's favorites. -Tiffany Pope, Draper, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 1008mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP
I love gardening and have a big pumpkin patch. A few years ago when our harvest was very plentiful, I experimented and came up with this recipe. My family just loves this soup.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes and pumpkin; cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool. , Puree half of the mixture at a time in a blender or food processor until smooth; return all to the pan. Add the milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat through. , Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and parsley. Spoon soup into bowls; top each with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 621mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
More about "creamy pumpkin and butternut squash soup recipes"
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PUMPKIN SOUP - RECIPE …
Reviews 150Calories 198 per servingCategory Soup, Stew + Chili
- Brush or spray the flesh of the pumpkin and squash with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and white pepper.
- Place on the foil lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife can easily be inserted into the flesh.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PUMPKIN SOUP
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 224 per serving
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
THIS PUMPKIN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP IS THE BEST FALL SOUP
THICK AND CREAMY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
INSTANT POT BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN SOUP | HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE
SQUASH RECIPES: BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PUMPKIN SOUP - FOOD NEWS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUMPKIN SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
WARM UP WITH THIS CREAMY PUMPKIN & BUTTERNUT SQUASH …
EASY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PUMPKIN SOUP
PUMPKIN AND SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PUMPKIN SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SIMPLE & CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
CREAMY PUMPKIN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE EVER | MOST LOVELY THINGS
CROCK POT BUTTERNUT SQUASH & PUMPKIN SOUP - DRIZZLE ME SKINNY!
PUMPKIN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - MANDY OLIVE
NO CHOP ROAST BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN / SQUASH SOUP - RECIPETIN EATS
CREAMY PUMPKIN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PUMPKIN SPICE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP | FOOD MATTERS®
CREAMY ONE POT BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - THE BUSY BAKER
CREAMY BROCCOLI AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CHEDDAR BRIE …
PUMPKIN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - CAFE DELITES
14 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH CAULIFLOWER SOUP
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUMPKIN SOUP - AIMEE MARS
THAI STYLE PUMPKIN SQUASH SOUP - GARLIC & ZEST
PUMPKIN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SQUASH AND PEAR SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - COOKIE AND KATE
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - YUMMYNOTES.NET
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP – MODERN HONEY
BEST PUMPKIN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - STYLIST
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
PUMPKIN PIE SPICED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - JAZZY VEGETARIAN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP – DELICIOU US
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is butternut squash/pumpkin soup?This butternut squash / pumpkin soup is made without chopping a single thing. And it’s also made without using the stove or a pot. It’s creamy and the sweetness and flavour of pumpkin is more intense than classic pumpkin soup. And it takes all of FIVE MINUTES of hands on effort.
How to cook butternut squash and carrot soup?In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, combine olive oil, butternut squash, carrot, apple, bell pepper, garlic, onion, and celery. Saute 3-4 minutes until garlic fragrant and onions are translucent. Add stock, salt and pepper, and smoked paprika (if using) and bring to a boil.
How to cook butternut squash with pumpkin spice?Set pumpkin spice mix aside. Place butternut squash and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven until soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
How to cook squash and potatoes for Soup?In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth.