GARLIC TOMATO SOUP
Roasted garlic adds a mellow background flavor to this rich, creamy tomato soup from Marilyn Coomer of Louisville, Kentucky. "Canned tomatoes and puree make it a year-round favorite," she adds.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 3-cup baking dish, combine the garlic and oil. Cover and bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned., In a large saucepan, bring the garlic, tomatoes and tomato puree to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. , Add the cream, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cool slightly. Place half of the soup at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan; heat through.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 355mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH OREGANO AND ROASTED GARLIC
I hope this will taste like the recipe from Campbell's Soup Company, but even BETTER. They don't make that soup any more and I really miss it. I'm planning to make this using fresh tomatoes this summer from my garden.
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a nonreactive soup pot, heat oil over medium-low heat and add onion.
- Stir and saute for a minute or two.
- Cover, lower heat and sweat onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stock to the pot, stir and increase heat to medium.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from their skins into the soup pot and add 1 tablespoon of the garlic- infused oil left from roasting.
- Add the oregano, stir well, cover and cook until soup comes to a simmer.
- Simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender in small batches, blend the soup.
- Return the blended soup to the pot.
- Put the last ladle or two of soup into the blender, add cream and blend.
- Then add the cream mixture to the soup pot and stir to blend.
- Heat over low heat until the soup is heated through.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Sometimes canned tomatoes can be acidic so add honey or sugar to bring up the sweetness if necessary.
- Serve hot.
- Do not allow the soup to boil or it may separate.
- ROASTING GARLIC:.
- To roast garlic, separate the cloves and put them in a small ovenproof dish and drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and cover with foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 35 to 40 minutes until the cloves are soft and tender.
CREAM OF ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
Not sure where it came from originally, but it's a great way to use some of those tomatos from the garden.
Provided by Mysterygirl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Halve tomatoes lengthwise and lay them cut sides down in a jelly-roll pan.
- Brush generously with 3 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with garlic, oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes until their edges are charred, about 15 to 20.
- Scrape tomatoes, oil, and herbs from pan into food processor.
- Process until not quite smooth (leaving small chunks and charred black specks).
- In a saucepan cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil until translucent.
- Whisk in roasted tomato puree, broth, and wine.
- Then whisk tomato paste.
- Heat the cream and whisk in to the tomato mixture.
- Taste and add sugar if necessary.
- Stir in optional Parmesan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and bring soup to a simmer.
CREAM OF TOMATO GORGONZOLA SOUP
- Combine the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, water, and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese, garlic, basil, and onion powder. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 38.3 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1147.9 mg, Sugar 17 g
More about "creamy tomato soup with oregano and roasted garlic recipes"
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 8Calories 91 per serving
- Combine tomatoes, shallots, garlic, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; toss. Arrange tomato mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until slightly caramelized.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add leek; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 8 minutes. Add tomato mixture and any accumulated liquid to pan; cook 2 minutes. Add stock, rind, basil leaves and stems, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced. Remove and discard rind and stems. Place soup in a blender; blend until smooth. Divide soup evenly among 8 soup bowls; drizzle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
ROASTED TOMATO GARLIC SOUP - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
CREAM OF ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CREAMY TOMATO AND GARLIC SOUP | LOW-CARB, SO SIMPLE!
THE BEST CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP | CEARA'S KITCHEN
ROASTED CREAMY TOMATO SOUP - HER HEALTHY STYLE
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO SOUP - THE KITCHENEER
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
EASIEST VEGAN ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE • THE BOJON GOURMET
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP – GRABANDGORECIPES
ROASTED TOMATO GARLIC SOUP – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP (NO CREAM) - CAFE DELITES
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE (NO CREAM) - VEGETARIAN TASTEBUDS
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO-GARLIC SOUP — CINDY SPRATT NUTRITION
CREAMY TOMATO GARLIC SOUP • THE PRAIRIE HOMESTEAD
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO SOUP — PLANT BASED GINGR
EASY AND CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH A GARLIC HUMMUS AND HINT OF …
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP – MESS IN THE KITCHEN
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP – ERECIPE
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CREAM OF ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH OREGANO AND ROASTED GARLIC
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO SOUP BY OHMYVEGGIES.COM | RECIPE
TOMATO-ROASTED GARLIC SOUP - EASY RECIPES - DELISH
CREAM OF ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - MY ISLAND BISTRO KITCHEN
ROASTED TOMATO GARLIC SOUP (NO CREAM) | MADE FROM SCRATCH
BEST EVER CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH PARMESAN (+ VIDEO!)
ROASTED TOMATO AND GARLIC SOUP (WITH CROUTONS!) - THE SALTY POT
YOUR BEST HOMEMADE ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP (EASY)
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO SOUP BY OHMYVEGGIES.COM
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE CROUTONS
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP | SAVEUR
PALEO ROASTED TOMATO SOUP (VEGAN, WHOLE30) - WONDERFULLY …
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
ROASTED GARLIC AND TOMATO SOUP - CASHEWS & QUINOA
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - CHRIS SAYS NATURE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #vegetables #diabetic #food-processor-blender #stove-top #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #tomatoes #taste-mood #savory #equipment #small-appliance #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tomato soup with oregano and garlic?Squeeze garlic cloves from their skins into the soup pot and add 1 tablespoon of the garlic- infused oil left from roasting. Add the oregano, stir well, cover and cook until soup comes to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In a blender in small batches, blend the soup. Return the blended soup to the pot.
How to cook garlic and tomatoes on the stove?Bake 40-45 minutes or until garlic cloves and tomatoes are soft. Unwrap garlic and cool 10 minutes. In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add minced garlic, thyme and tomatoes. Squeeze garlic from skins and add to tomato mixture. Add stock; bring to a boil.
What is in creamy roasted tomato soup?Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup (from fresh tomatoes!) - Our Salty Kitchen With or without grilled cheese, this beloved classic blows the lid off its canned counterparts. Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup features slow-roasted ripe tomatoes and garlic with a peppery kick of garden-fresh basil.
How much olive oil do you put in tomato soup?Grate the parmesan cheese and add a dash of olive oil (add some tomato oil to give it a little extra flavor.) You should have four heaping teaspoons to add to your tomato soup! You can top this dish off for garnish by lightly sautéing some of the cherry tomatoes on a vine in two tablespoons of olive oil.