Weekends were made for laid-back backyard suppers and platters of delicious food such as fried chicken or hamburgers. Kick up your usual weekend burgers by adding the bold flavors of Creole seasonings (we love Zatarain's) and a tangy sauce. We suggest using ground chuck for this recipe - the high fat content makes for the juiciest and tastiest burgers but be careful and watch for flare ups on the grill caused by excess, dripping fat. For the most tender burgers, avoid over-handling and overmixing the meat, which can cause it to be tough and tight. Make a flavorful spread using mayonnaise, parsley, hot sauce, lemon juice, and Creole mustard, a spicy mustard made from Dijon style mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. This spread, which is also tasty served with fried chicken or seafood, comes together quickly - you can blend it together while the hamburger patties are cooking. Brioche buns, or French hamburger buns, are sweeter and larger than regular hamburger buns and can be found at most grocery stores. If you can't find them, use your favorite hamburger bun.
Provided by Southern Living Test Kitchen
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat a grill to medium (350°F to 400°F). Place ground chuck, scallions, Creole seasoning, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Using hands, gently combine. Shape mixture into 4 patties, and place on a plate. Clean bowl thoroughly. Stir together mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, hot sauce, and lemon juice in cleaned bowl; set aside.
- Place patties on oiled grates. Grill, covered, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill; loosely cover patties with aluminum foil. Place onion slices on grates; brush with oil. Grill, covered, until slightly charred and tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun. Top each with romaine lettuce, 1 patty, and grilled onions. Cover with bun tops; serve.
- Brown beef& onion, drain.
- Stir in mustard, ketchup, tomato paste& soup.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639.9, Fat 35.9, SaturatedFat 13.6, Cholesterol 157.1, Sodium 1774.9, Carbohydrate 31.9, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 19.4, Protein 48.6
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, and 1 teaspoon (more if you like things spicier) creole seasoning; set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the ground beef, worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon creole seasoning; combine well.
- Shape beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil patties to desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- Spread mustard mixture on split hamburger buns.
- On bun bottom, add lettuce, tomato, onion, and patty; cover with bun top.
- I dip each bite of my burger in ketchup, too--yummy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.2, Fat 25.8, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 82.2, Sodium 629.2, Carbohydrate 28.5, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 5.1, Protein 25.8
A burger and spiced mayo infused with creole flavors make for an interesting departure from the traditional burger.
Provided by Paula Deen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning to the pepper and onion mixture, stirring well to combine. Shape into 4-6 thin patties.
- Spray a non-stick ridged grill pan with non-stick spray and set over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, 8-9 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, green onions, hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon creole spice blend in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on buns topped with the Bayou Mayo.
French's has been America's favorite mustard brand for over a century. Learn more about your favorite yellow mustard and other French's sauces & products today!
Provided by French's
Categories Sandwiches, Wraps, and Tortillas,
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Gently mix beef, bell pepper, onion, Worcestershire and seasoning. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for 10 minutes until medium doneness (160°F internal temperature), turning once.
- Serve burgers on rolls. Garnish as desired. Splash on more Worcestershire to taste.
CAJUN SPICED BURGERS
Beef burgers get a big flavor boost here from Cajun seasoning, while the classic trinity of Creole cuisine (onions, bell peppers, and celery) makes an appearance as well. Our burger blend of choice is 80% lean ground beef-it has the perfect ratio of juiciness to flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- SET UP: Prepare a grill or grill pan and heat to medium-high heat.
- FORM THE PATTIES: Gently mix the ground beef, Cajun seasoning, and scallions. Form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- MIX THE REMOULADE: Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, parsley, and celery in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- GRILL EVERYTHING: Grill the patties, flipping once, to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Brush the onion and green pepper with the oil and grill the vegetables until lightly charred and tender, about 5 minutes total.
- SERVE: Toast the buns on the grill for a minute or so. Put a patty on the bottom bun and top with remoulade. Add some onion and bell pepper, then add the top bun.
CREOLE CRAB BURGER
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 burger
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Mix 1 cup sliced cabbage, 1/4 cup each sliced red onion and chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon each Creole mustard, lemon juice and honey; season with cayenne and salt. Fry your favorite crab cakes. Serve on rolls with the Creole slaw.
CAJUN BEEF BURGERS
Flavor abounds in these hefty Cajun Beef Burgers, spiked with bits of veggies and Cajun seasoning. A creamy mayonnaise and Creole mustard spread adds even more Louisana-style flair.-Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until blended; chill until serving. , In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, carrot and parsley in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender; cool slightly. , In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. , Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on rolls with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Fat 26g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 1075mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
CREOLE CRAB BURGERS
Food lovers on America's coasts have long known that crab cakes make wonderful sandwiches. Here, tender lumps of sweet crab are seasoned (in the manner of traditional Louisiana deviled crabs) and lightly bound with egg and bread crumbs, then panfried until the cakes have a golden crust. A thin layer of tangy tartar sauce and crisp lettuce is all the accompaniment they need.
Provided by Alexis Touchet
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stir together crabmeat, mayonnaise, scallions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties (3 1/2 inches in diameter; patties will be soft but will firm up when fried). Spread remaining cup bread crumbs on a plate, then dredge patties in crumbs, knocking off excess, and transfer to a platter.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then fry patties, turning over once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Assemble burgers with buns and accompaniments.
CHICKEN CREOLE BURGERS WITH BAYOU MAYO RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by mjohnmeyer
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, about 8 min. Remove from heat; transfer to a large bowl. Let cool 5 minutes. 2. Add the ground chicken and creole seasoning to the onion/mushroom mixture, stirring well to combine. Shape into 4 patties. 3. Spray a grill pan (or griddle) with nonstick spray and heat to medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked...about 6 - 7 minutes per side. 4. Meanwhile, prepare the Bayou Mayo by combining the mayo, chives, lemon juice, and creole seasoning. Serve the burgers in the buns topped with the Bayou Mayo. navywifecook.com
More about "creole burgers recipes"
CREOLE SALMON BURGERS - FEED YOUR SOUL TOO
CREOLE CRAB BURGERS - BIGOVEN.COM
CALIENTE BURGER WITH CREOLE FRIES | TONY CHACHERE'S
SHRIMP BURGER RECIPE WITH CREOLE SPICES | KITCHN
CAJUN BLACK BEAN BURGERS WITH CREOLE REMOULADE SAUCE ...
CREOLE BLACKENED BURGER RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CREOLE SLIDERS RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
CREOLE BURGERS (HAMBURGUESA CRIOLLO) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CAJUN BURGERS RECIPE > CALL ME PMC
CREOLE BURGERS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CREOLE CARNIVAL BURGERS | MIDWEST LIVING
CREOLE HAMBURGER AND RICE - COOK THIS AGAIN MOM
CREOLE BURGERS WITH A BAYOU MAYO | PAULA DEEN
CAJUN BURGERS WITH SPICY RéMOULADE RECIPE
CLASSIC BACKYARD BURGERS WITH CREOLE AIOLI | TONY CHACHERE'S
CREOLE BURGERS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BAKED BUTTER BURGER - CREOLE CONTESSA
CREOLE BURGERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
CREOLE BLACKENED BURGER RECIPE | SIDECHEF
CREOLE SHRIMP BURGER RECIPE - COOP CAN COOK
BURGER RECIPES: NEW ORLEANS CAJUN-CREOLE BURGER
CREOLE BURGERS - BIGOVEN.COM
CREOLE BURGERS RECIPE - FREE-RECIPES.CO.UK
CREOLE BURGER | SOUTHERN LIVING - MASTERCOOK
GUMBO BURGERS MADE BY USING CAMPBELL’S CHICKEN GUMBO SOUP
CREOLE BURGERS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CREOLE SLOPPY JOES - SOUTHERN BITE
CREOLE BURGERS – OSWALD RIVERA
CREOLE SEAFOOD STUFFED BURGER | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
CREOLE VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CREOLE TURKEY BURGERS WITH SPICY AIOLI - LEENCUISINE.COM
CREOLE BURGER RECIPE - MOMSWHOTHINK.COM
CREOLE TURKEY BURGER WITH BACON - CREOLE CONTESSA
BURGER RECIPES: CREOLE BURGERS /W SAUVIGNON BLANC
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #cuisine #preparation #north-american #american #southern-united-states #creole #dietary
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook Bayou Mayo burgers?Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, 8-9 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, green onions, hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon creole spice blend in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on buns topped with the Bayou Mayo.
How to cook Creole chicken patties on the grill?Add the beef and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning to the pepper and onion mixture, stirring well to combine. Shape into 4-6 thin patties. Spray a non-stick ridged grill pan with non-stick spray and set over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, 8-9 minutes on each side.
What do you put on Bayou Mayo?Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, green onions, hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon creole spice blend in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on buns topped with the Bayou Mayo.
How do you cook chicken patties on a Weber grill?Spray a non-stick ridged grill pan with non-stick spray and set over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, 8-9 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, green onions, hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon creole spice blend in a small bowl.