CROCK POT CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS
This recipe I got from my mother. She made it on top of the stove, I adapted it to the Crock Pot. This is much easier for people that have busy life's but all have to eat. Remember to laugh. You can omit the dumplings and just make noodles. Both ways are great.
Provided by Javajeanbean
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Add onions to crock pot. Add seasonings, chicken and broth.
- Cover and cook on High 5 to 6 hours.
- Shortly before serving, stir together sour cream or yogurt and cornstarch. Stir into crock pot and thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (sour cream and cornstarch may be omitted if desired). Serve with dumplings (recipe below).
- Beat 3 eggs, add 1/3 cup water and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat with a spoon until smooth. Drop from teaspoon into boiling salted water and cook until dumplings rise to the top, approximately 10 minutes.
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH SPAETZLE
When my folks originated from Austria in the early 1900s, they brought many of the recipes they enjoyed in the old country. This wonderful dish is one of them.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a heavy skillet, saute whole onions in butter until lightly browned. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute chopped onions until tender. Set aside. , In a large plastic resealable bag, combine flour and 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika; add chicken, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat. , Place chicken in skillet; brown on all sides. Add the salt, parsley, broth and remaining paprika. Cover and cook over low heat until juices run clear, about 45 minutes. , For spaetzle, in a large bowl, stir the flour, eggs, milk, salt and baking powder until smooth (dough will be sticky). In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Pour dough into a colander or spaetzle maker coated with cooking spray; place over boiling water. , With a wooden spoon, press dough until small pieces drop into boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes or until dumplings are tender and float. Remove with a slotted spoon; toss with butter. , Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. In the same skillet, stir in the sour cream, capers and juice and onions. Return chicken to the skillet and gently heat through. Place spaetzle on a platter and top with chicken. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450 calories, Fat 23g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 148mg cholesterol, Sodium 987mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
AMAZING HUNGARIAN CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS
This recipe has been passed down in my Hungarian family for generations and perfected. I now use boneless chicken despite bone-in being the tradition. I think it makes it a little more friendly without losing any taste.
Provided by Danny P
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set a large pot of water on to boil for the dumplings.
- De-fat, and tenderize chicken. Cut into bite-sized pieces. With oil, brown chicken in a large pan on medium-high heat (6-10 min).
- Add paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper, and chicken broth to the chicken in the pan. Stir them to mix. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer and put a lid on and let simmer for 25 minute.
- In a container with a lid (tupperware is good) mix water, flour and sour cream for the chicken. Shaking the mixture aggressively is the best way to ensure a smooth mix. Set aside mixture for later.
- While chicken is simmering, mix all ingredients - eggs, flour, water, and salt - for the dumplings together in a mixing bowl. It should be a pretty thick, dry mix when you are done. If it's too gooey, add small amounts of flour until it is more dry.
- With water boiling, turn down the heat to low. Tip the mixing bowl until the dumpling dough rests at the edge. Using a dull knife (butter knife), slice the dough from the lip of the bowl into small blobs and into the pot. Continue this process until all of the dough has been used. This process takes about 3-5 minute Dipping the knife occasionally into the boiling water will prevent dough from sticking to it.
- Raise heat and boil dumplings for another 5-6 min or so.
- Meanwhile, the chicken should be about done simmering. Using a spoon, draw some of the chicken sauce and put it into the sour cream/flour/water mixture that you had set aside. This is important to prevent sour cream from curdling. Put the lid on and shake the mixture once more. There should be no flour or sour cream chunks in the mixture.
- Finally, stir the mixture into the chicken pan. Mix until consistent. Bring the sauce to a boil stirring occasionally for sauce to thicken.
- Drain the water from the dumplings.
- Usually, chicken and sauce are served on top of the dumplings.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Gradually stir in 2 1/2 cups of flour to make a stiff batter. Using two spoons, scoop out some batter with one spoon and use the second to scrap off the spoonful of batter into the boiling water. Repeat until several dumplings are cooking. Cook dumplings for 10 minutes or until they float to the top; then lift from the water and drain in a colander or sieve. Rinse with warm water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and add chicken; cook until lightly browned, turning once. Add onion to skillet and cook 5 to 8 minutes more. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of water, and season with paprika, salt, and pepper; cook 10 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of flour into sour cream; then slowly stir into the onion mixture remaining in the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened.
- To serve, add dumplings to the sour cream/onion mixture, then spoon onto dinner plates adding a piece of chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 960.6 calories, Carbohydrate 69.2 g, Cholesterol 323.1 mg, Fat 54 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 47.4 g, SaturatedFat 23.5 g, Sodium 1744.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "crock pot chicken paprikash with dumplings recipes"
CROCKPOT CHICKEN PAPRIKASH (OR CSIRKE PAPRIKáS) - TASTY …
CROCK POT CHICKEN PAPRIKA WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 hrsServings 6Calories 460 per serving
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (7)Calories 316 per servingServings 6
- Combine flour and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well. Add chicken mixture, chopped onion, and the next 8 ingredients (through mushrooms) to an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
CROCK POT PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH DUMPLINGS - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (28)Total Time 6 hrs 20 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 518 per serving
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS – WELLPLATED.COM
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PAPRIKA - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BARBECUE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - SLOW COOKER CHICKEN
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CROCK POT HUNGARIAN STYLE CHICKEN PAPRIKASH - MAPLE LEAF
BEST CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE WITH BREAD DUMPLINGS - COOK LIKE …
SLOW-COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH CROCK POT RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CROCKPOT CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS - THAT'S MY HOME
EASY CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
HUNGARIAN CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS - COOKING …
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH CROCK POT RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE CROCK POT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS - SOBEYS INC.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS (HUNGARIAN AND ROMANIAN …
THE BEST SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN PAPRIKASH - THE GOLD LINING GIRL
CROCK POT CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HUNGARIAN CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPES - YUMMLY
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
HUNGARIAN CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE - A WELL SEASONED KITCHEN
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - SHOW ME THE YUMMY
SLOW COOKER SMOKY CHICKEN PAPRIKASH - CANADIAN LIVING
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
CROCK POT PAPRIKASH CHICKEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHICKEN PAPRIKA WITH DUMPLINGS - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS - SAFEWAY
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS(+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - [VIDEO] THE RECIPE REBEL
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH RECIPE CROCK POT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN PAPRIKASH WITH DUMPLINGS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
10 BEST CROCK POT CHICKEN DUMPLINGS RECIPES - YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chicken dumplings in a slow cooker?Combine the sour cream and cornstarch in a bowl or cup. Stir the mixture into the chicken in the slow cooker and heat through. Gather the dumpling ingredients. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the 3 eggs; add 1/3 cup water and 2 1/2 cups flour.
Can you cook paprika chicken in a crock pot?This paprika chicken is a snap to fix and cook in the crock pot. The recipe also includes quick homemade dumplings, which are easy to make and require just three ingredients. When it all comes together, you'll have a hearty meal that's perfect for family dinners.
Do you cook your chicken paprikash with sour cream?Elizabethsays February 23, 2020 at 4:03 pm I personally do not cook the chicken paprikash with sour cream. It is ALWAYS served on the side for those who like it. I also do not use boneless chicken and I definitely brown my seasoned chicken parts prior to putting them in the slow cooker.
What are chicken dumplings made of?The dumplings are made with a simple combination of eggs, water, and flour. Rather than cooking them in the crock pot, they're made in a separate pot of water, and the salt gives them a perfect amount of flavor. If you prefer to skip the dumplings, serve the chicken with biscuits .