CURRIED TURKEY SOUP
This colorful soup is a delight to serve the day after Thanksgiving. Best of all, it comes together in the slow cooker, allowing you some time to get a head start on your holiday shopping. -Holly Bauer, West Bend, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Mix flour and apple juice until smooth; stir into soup. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until soup is thickened., Add turkey; heat through. Stir in rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 1096mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
CURRIED TURKEY LEGS
Adopted! I was born and raised in a small village where most of the residesnt depended on their farm animals for their livelyhood. Our meat was mainly pork and chicken with an occasional pound of hamburger boutht at the butcher shop. Young calves were seldom eaten. The were shipped to market for cash. In those days, a young calf would bring about $75 which would buy a lot of school shoes. When I left home and started to work, I ate mainly in restaurants. I soon loved to enjoy the taste of lamb. In later years I was dining in a restaurant in North Africa, when a diner near me who had just ordered leg of lamb queried the waiter, "Did you know that if you fixed a turkey leg in this manner that it would taste just leg of lamb?" "Yes," the waiter replied, "That's what that is." When I was able to find two turkey legs in the bazaar, I bought them and took them back to my apartment and cooked them basically like this recipe. He was right they did taste just like curried log of lamb and at about a quarter of the price. I have been eating them ever since. I am happy to post this recipe because I know every who likes lamb will enjoy it immensely.
Provided by Queen Dragon Mom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown turkey legs in butter; remove from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet.
- Cook till onion is tender but not brown.
- Return meat to skillet.
- Add curry powder, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, gingerroot, tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water.
- Cover; simmer 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, till turkey is tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook and stir till thickened.
- Serve with cooked rice tossed with raw grated carrot.
- Pass curry condiments.
- This recipe cannot be distinguished from curried leg of lamb and is easily adapted to the Crockpot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1234.5, Fat 55.3, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 579.4, Sodium 611.1, Carbohydrate 12.8, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.2, Protein 161.5
CROCK POT CURRIED TURKEY
This one is so easy to throw together and tastes so good. The only hastle is the Side Boys, SO, Invite your friends over for dinner, give them a drink and put them to work preparing Side Boys. That's why there are bar stools on the other side of the counter. In all truth, communal food preparing goes back to our prehistory, it is a great way to grow closer.
Provided by Pierre Dance
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- ***SideBoys*** grated hard boiled Eggs, some seperate the whites and yolks, some do not.
- crumbled crisp Bacon, Chutneys, hot and tart or mild and sweet, as with most things home made is best.
- Scallions, finely chopped, mostly whites plus a little green.
- chopped nuts, Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds, what have you. Mix amd match.
- very small Pineapple pieces, toasted Coconut, sliced Banana, sauted in olive oil with a bit of Garlic, Pickled Jalapenos, finely minced, remove the seeds to reduce the heat if you chose.(I suffer from JDS-- Jalapeno Deprivation Syndrome) I must constantly nibble on them or I suffer badly.
- ***NOTE***After handling chilies wash your hands with cold water and Baking Soda to nutralize the acids in the juices. You can flush your eyes with this mixture if you inadvertently get juice in them. Flush with cold water when through.
- Put everything except the Turkey and the Side Boys in the crock pot, Mix well.
- Submerge the thighs in the pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Carefully lift out the thighs, cool to handling temperature, debone, and cut into bite size pieces, return to the pot for 30 minutes to rewarm.
- Serve over white Basmati Rice.
- Top with your favorite Side Boys.
More about "crock pot curried turkey recipes"
SLOW COOKER CROCKPOT TURKEY CURRY RECIPE - TAMMILEE TIPS
Servings 6Total Time 7 hrs 10 minsCategory EntreeCalories 253 per serving
10 BEST TURKEY CURRY CROCK POT RECIPES - YUMMLY
8 SLOW COOKER RECIPES THAT USE LEFTOVER TURKEY - 365 DAYS ...
10 BEST TURKEY CURRY CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT CURRY GROUND TURKEY WITH BROWN RICE RECIPE ...
4/5 (1)Calories 203 per servingServings 4
LEFTOVER TURKEY STEW IN THE SLOW COOKER CROCK POT - LOW ...
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 8 hrs 5 minsCategory SoupCalories 229 per serving
TURKEY NECK RECIPE CROCK POT | JUDY'S BLOG
TURKEY CROCK POT RECIPES EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
EASY SLOW COOKER WHOLE TURKEY RECIPE
REHEATING SMOKED TURKEY IN CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ...
SLOW COOKER TURKEY MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SLOW COOKER CURRY TURKEY WINGS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CROCK POT - EASY TURKEY CHILI RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CROCK POT CURRIED TURKEY RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST CROCK POT CURRY CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT CURRIED TURKEY - TFRECIPES.COM
TURKEY TAIL RECIPE CROCKPOT - BOOTIFUL TURKEY
16 WAYS TO USE GROUND TURKEY IN THE SLOW COOKER (PLUS 5 ...
COOKING TURKEY STUFFING IN CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ...
CROCK POT TURKEY NECK RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
CROCK POT RECIPES FOR TURKEY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CROCK POT CURRY CHICKEN EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
LEFTOVER TURKEY IDEAS CROCK POT - PP.GIAYBANCHANBET.COM
A COMPLETE TURKEY DINNER IN A CROCK POT, SOUTHERN COOKING ...
TURKEY CROCKPOT IDEAS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
#curries #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #turkey #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #meat #equipment
You'll also love