POZOLE IN A SLOW COOKER
Easy, authentic Mexican Pozole. You will be glad you took the time. You can make ahead of time and freeze the pork to keep until you're ready to make dinner. Serve with chopped white onion, cilantro, shredded cabbage, lime wedges, and corn tortillas or tostadas.
Provided by Isabel
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Toast the cumin in a small pot over medium-high heat until fragrant, being careful not to burn, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the pasilla chile peppers, ancho chile peppers, and guajillo chile peppers to the pot. Pour enough water into the pot to cover the peppers completely. Place the garlic cloves, onion, and tomatoes atop the chiles. Cover the pot with a lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool. Pour the cooled mixture into a blender; puree until smooth.
- Put the pork in the bottom of a slow cooker; season generously with salt. Add the bay leaves to the slow cooker and pour the pureed chile pepper mixture over the pork.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or overnight. Skim as much fat from the surface as possible. Remove the pork to a cutting board or bowl and shred with two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
- Combine the shredded pork with sauce, chicken stock, and hominy in a large pot over medium heat; cook until the stock is hot, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 52.4 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 15.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 426.6 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
SLOW-COOKER PORK POZOLE
When the snow begins falling, I make a heartwarming stew with pork ribs and hominy. This is a fill-you-up recipe of lightly spiced comfort. -Genie Gunn, Asheville, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pork is tender., Remove pork from slow cooker. Cut pork into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro and, if desired, corn tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 991mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
SLOW-COOKER POSOLE VERDE
Enjoy this flavorful Mexican dinner that features pork, tomatillos and hominy - a slow cooked recipe made using Old El Paso® green chiles.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with 1 teaspoon of the cumin, the salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork; cook about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. Remove pork with slotted spoon; place in slow cooker. Repeat with remaining pork. Add broth to skillet; cook 1 minute, scraping to loosen brown particles. Pour into slow cooker.
- Place tomatillos in food processor. Cover; process until smooth. Add to slow cooker. Stir in onions, garlic, green chiles, sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours. Stir hominy into slow cooker. Cover; cook 1 hour longer. Garnish individual servings with sour cream, cilantro, jalapeños and radishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fat 1, Fiber 6 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 740 mg
CROCK POT POSOLE
There are so many versions but none easier than this. I usually get it ready the night before and refrigerate overnight. Before going to work, I take it out and plug it in. Dinner is ready when I get home. You might want to adjust the amount of chili and seasonings for personal taste. Serve this with corn or flour tortillas.
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cube ribs and brown pork in lightly oiled skillet. Add onion and saute until limp. Drain fat.
- Combine pork, onion and remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for 5 hours to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.7, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 58.4, Sodium 843.3, Carbohydrate 28.9, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 7.3, Protein 20
SLOW COOKER PORK POSOLE
Slow cooker pork posole is sorta a cheater's version of authentic Mexican posole, a stew of sorts made with pork, hominy, onions, garlic, and all the traditional toppings. About the only thing missing is the constant need to tend it on the stovetop.
Provided by Martha Stewart Living
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker on high until warm, about 20 minutes. Season the pork with salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil. Add the pork to the skillet and cook, turning as needed, until the pieces are browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium-low and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onion, garlic, and chili powder and sauté until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broth and cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Transfer everything in the skillet to the slow cooker along with 2 cups broth. Cover and cook until the meat is very tender, 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon transfer the pork to a large bowl and, using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the slow cooker and stir in the hominy. Stir to combine and to warm the pork. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve the posole with avocado, radishes, tortilla strips, and lime on the side for each person to add as desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 portion, Calories 289 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 25 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0.05 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 1166 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 7 g
Traditional Mexican Posole is served with shredded cabbage, lime wedges, avocado, onion, cilantro, and, of course, warm tortillas. Many Mexican markets have posole meat already chopped up for you. You can add another can of hominy if your slow-cooker is large. I prefer hot enchilada sauce with salsa, but the regular kind will do.
Provided by Jules
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the pork; cook and stir just until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place the meat in a 4 quart slow cooker. Pour the enchilada sauce over the meat. Top with the hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Pour in enough water to fill the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the cilantro and salt. Cook on Low for 30 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.4 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 39.8 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 670.5 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
This is too easy--an emergency meal -- keep pork (better thawed, if frozen need to add extra time for cooking) and posole in freezer and put in the crockpot and then dinner is done when the game is over -- just add seasoning and dinner is done! Can't get any easier than this! Adapted from local newspaper
Provided by ellie_
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place pork and posole in crockpot.
- Add water and spices.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Top with sour cream and salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.9, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 23.8, Sodium 34.6, Carbohydrate 0.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.1, Protein 7.6
More about "crock pot posole recipes"
CROCK POT CHICKEN POSOLE SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (8)Video Duration 1 minTotal Time 6 hrs 40 mins
EASY SLOW COOKER POSOLE SOUP. - TATERTOTS AND JELLO
SLOW COOKER POSOLE (POZOLE) RECIPE | SUGAR & SOUL
CROCKPOT CHICKEN POSOLE - SIMPLE HEALTHY KITCHEN
CROCKPOT POSOLE RECIPE - SUPER SAFEWAY
RECIPE: SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POSOLE - KITCHN
SLOW-COOKER PORK POSOLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SLOW-COOKER PORK POSOLE RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
SLOW COOKER POSOLE - MEXICAN SOUP - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
CROCKPOT PORK POSOLE STEW RECIPE - FOODIECRUSH
EASY & DELICIOUS 10 HOUR SLOW-COOKER NEW MEXICO …
10 BEST CROCK POT POSOLE PORK RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POSOLE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
SLOW COOKER POSOLE ROJO STEW - THE LEMON BOWL®
CROCK-POT POSOLE RECIPE | ALBERTSONS MARKET
CROCK POT MU SHU PORK - THERESCIPES.INFO
NEW MEXICO POSOLE CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CROCKPOT GREEN CHILE CHICKEN POSOLE - CECELIA'S GOOD STUFF
CROCK-POT CANADA - RECIPES
CROCK-POT POSOLE SOUP RECIPE!
CROCK-POT POSOLE SOUP RECIPE! | RECIPE IN 2022 | RECIPES, MEXICAN …
10 BEST CROCK POT POSOLE PORK RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER POSOLE RECIPE | MEXICAN STEW | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
PORK POSOLE CROCK POT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY CROCK POT POSOLE - RELISH
CROCK POT CHICKEN POSOLE FOR #SUNDAYSUPPER - MY IMPERFECT KITCHEN
POZOLE RECIPE | STOVETOP, INSTANT POT OR CROCK-POT
CROCK POT PORK POSOLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CROCK POT POSOLE CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SLOW-COOKER GREEN CHILE POSOLE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POSOLE - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
CROCK POT POSOLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CROCKPOT GREEN CHICKEN POZOLE (POZOLE VERDE) - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
SLOW-COOKER PORK AND HOMINY POSOLE SOUP RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CROCK-POT POSOLE RECIPE | BIG Y
CROCK POT POSOLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SLOW COOKER POZOLE - RETRO RECIPE BOX
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #soups-stews #pork #american #southwestern-united-states #tex-mex #easy #stews #crock-pot-slow-cooker #meat #pork-ribs #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love