VENISON TENDERLOIN IN THE SLOW COOKER
A friend who hunts gave me a whole venison tenderloin. I wanted to make something that I could bring along and reheat so I put in in the slow cooker with ingredients I had handy, and it turned out great.
Provided by nch
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place mushrooms in a small heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak mushrooms until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Finely chop mushrooms and add them back to soaking liquid. Set aside.
- Rinse venison under cold running water. Pat thoroughly with paper towels until dry, then cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear venison slices in batches making sure meat is not overcrowded in the skillet, until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 to 10 minutes per batch.
- Transfer seared meat to a large bowl and add mushrooms, soaking liquid, tomatoes, shallots, garlic, vegetable broth powder, bay leaves, herbes de Provence, juniper berries, thyme, sage, balsamic vinegar, red wine, and herb salt. Mix well and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
- Combine a few tablespoons cooking liquid and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and venison is tender, about 1 more hour, stirring a couple of times. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 116.8 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 30.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 476.2 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CROCK POT VENISON LOIN
- Salt and pepper roast on all sides and dredge in flour.
- In heavy skillet, melt margarine and brown meat on all sides; remove to crock pot.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in skillet until mushrooms are a little brown.
- Put about 1 cup water in skillet to deglaze. Pour all skillet ingredients into crock pot; add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well to mix.
- Be sure there is just enough water to cover roast.
- Turn on high for 6 hours then low for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Great on mashed potatoes!
SLOW COOKER VENISON STROGANOFF
My hubby and I love stroganoff. He asked me to make it one day before he left to go hunting, but I wasn't going to have time. I decided to try it in the slow cooker and served it to my hubby and his hunting buddies. They loved it.
Provided by Angie Fuller
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the venison cubes and fry on all sides until well browned, then place into a slow cooker.
- Add the bay leaf, onion, and mushroom to the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set slow cooker on Low, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add the noodles, and water or additional beef broth if needed. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Once the noodles are done, stir in the sour cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404.9 calories, Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Cholesterol 113.1 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 36.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 281.8 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
SLOW COOKED VENISON
My dad brings home venison each year, and my mom never knew how to cook it. When I was 16, I threw some venison and a few spices and sauces into the slow cooker before heading off to school. We were all surprised that it turned out great! I've perfected the recipe since then.
Provided by a
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 2 more minutes until softened.
- Place venison roast into a slow cooker, and sprinkle with onion mixture. Stir together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, water, salt, and pepper. Pour over the venison.
- Cover and cook on Low until tender and no longer pink, 4 to 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 85.7 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 2595.9 mg, Sugar 10 g
SLOW COOKER VENISON ROAST
- Put cleaned meat in slow cooker and cover with onion. Sprinkle with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the soup mix and the soup; mix together and pour mixture over venison. Cook on Low setting for 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 171.3 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 48 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 1881.7 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CROCK-POT VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE
- Add ingredients to a 6 quart or larger crock-pot.
- Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours stirring at least once during the cooking process.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 56 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 174 mg, Sodium 908 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
VENISON CHOPS IN CROCK POT
This recipe makes your venison chops taste just like lamb chops, without the expense. Very few ingredients, easy to put together and smells so wonderful to come home to.
Provided by gipammy
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place venison chops, can be right from the freezer,in a crock pot treated with cooking spray.
- Pour can of cream of mushroom soup over the top and sprinkle with the rosemary and pepper.
- Cook on low all day.
CROCK POT VENISON
Tender and tasty! We had a lot of venison, were cleaning out the freezer, and decided to do something easy. This is the first time I have ever cooked in a crock pot! When I ate "crock pot meals" in the 60's they all tasted the same. This is quite good, so decided to post the recipe, so we can make it again. I used to add 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, and a small can of tomato paste, but decided, over time, I really liked it better without those 2 ingredients. Tonight, I adapted the recipe for stove top using my enameled cast-iron cookware... first browning the meat, vegetables, then adding the rest of the ingredients.
Provided by Sweetiebarbara
Yield 4 quarts, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Layer ingredients in crock pot in order listed above.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours, or on high 5-6 hours.
- I used to add 1/2 cup brown sugar, and a small can of tomato paste, but decided, over time, I really liked it better without those 2 ingredients.
- Serve with crusty bread and a robust red wine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.2, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 142.8, Sodium 699.2, Carbohydrate 14.9, Fiber 2, Sugar 3, Protein 40.1
CROCK POT SHREDDED VENISON SANDWICHES
- Cut venison roast in half; place in a 5 quart.
- slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, liquid smoke if desired and seasonings.
- Pour over venison.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove the roast; set aside to cool.
- Strain sauce and return to slow cooker.
- Shred meat, using two forks; stir into sauce and heat through.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon meat mixture onto each bun.
- Yield: 14-18 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 20.4, Sodium 566.5, Carbohydrate 27.5, Fiber 1, Sugar 10.2, Protein 28.8
More about "crock pot venison loin recipes"
10 BEST SLOW COOKER VENISON RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CROCK POT VENISON RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 VENISON SLOW COOKER RECIPES THAT PROVE IT'S THE …
SLOW COOKER VENISON STEAKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SLOW-COOKED VENISON TENDERLOINS RECIPE - DELISHABLY
VENISON TENDERLOIN CROCK POT RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SLOW COOKER VENISON POT ROAST - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
CROCK POT VENISON TENDERLOIN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
VENISON LOIN ARCHIVES - CROCK-POT LADIES
CROCK POT VENISON LOIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE CROCK POT | DEPORECIPE.CO
CROCK POT VENISON RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CROCK-POT VENISON ROAST RECIPE
CROCK POT VENISON ROAST - BAKING WITH MOM
VENISON TENDERLOIN IN THE SLOW COOKER RECIPE - RECIPES GALORE
SLOW-COOKER VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RECIPE FOR DEER TENDERLOIN IN CROCK POT | DEPORECIPE.CO
VENISON ROAST RECIPE | HOW TO SLOW COOK DEER ROAST (CROCKPOT)
VENISON LOIN ROAST CROCK POT RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
JODIE'S WEEKEND WARM-UPS: CROCKPOT VENISON TENDERLOIN
VENISON TENDERLOIN CROCK POT RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
VENISON CROCKPOT RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST CROCK POT VENISON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CROCK POT VENISON LOIN RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | CROCKPOT PORK …
CROCK POT VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PORK LOIN PULLED PORK CROCK POT RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VENISON BURGER RECIPES CROCK POT - THERESCIPES.INFO
TENDERLOIN STEAK CROCK POT RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
CROCK-POT VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE! | RECIPE | VENISON …
SLOW COOKER VENISON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY CROCK POT VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CROCK POT VENISON LOIN RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
CROCK-POT VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE! | RECIPE | VENISON …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #crock-pot-slow-cooker #wild-game #deer #meat #equipment
You'll also love