- In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cinnamon.
- Cut 1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter into pieces. With your hands, work in butter pieces, until large clumps form. Divide mixture in half; freeze in plastic storage bags.
JAN'S CRUMB TOPPING OR STREUSEL
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Mix flour and cinnamon into creamed butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Store in airtight container in the freezer until needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 6.8 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 18.7 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, light-brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. With your hands, work in butter until large, moist clumps form. Chill, covered, until ready to use.
CRUMB TOPPING FOR PIES
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Mix in butter with a fork or stand mixer just until the topping is crumbly. Top your pie before baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 848.9 calories, Carbohydrate 155.6 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 195.5 mg, Sugar 106.9 g
- place ingredients in a bowl,mix together with a fork until crumbly. What you are looking for is that most of the ingrediets start to hold together,but will break apart.
- Top your cakes,pies,and muffins,and crisps with this mixture immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.4, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 27.1, Sodium 8.9, Carbohydrate 26.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 17.8, Protein 1.9
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and spread out into an even layer. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the nuts, flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently work in the cold butter until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Top apples evenly with mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING
- Combine flour, sugar and nutmeg in a mixing bowl; stir well to mix and stir in sliced almonds.
- Stir in the butter evenly. Set aside for 5 minutes, then, using your fingertips, break the mixture into 1/4 to 1/2 inch crumbs. Set aside again while you prepare the filling.
FRUIT PIE CRUMB TOPPING
My mother always sprinkled on this wonderful crumb topping to dress up her two-crust fruit pies. The crumble topping not only looks pretty, it provides a crisp contrast to the soft fruit filling. I used it to top pies for my daughter's wedding reception.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 cup (topping for 2 pies).
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit pies. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 39mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CINNAMON-OAT CRUMBLE TOPPING
This crunchy crumble is the perfect topping for an ice cream sundae, easy apple crumble, or our Build-Your-Own Thanksgiving Pie Bar. Pro tip: Keep a batch of the unbaked mixture in the freezer in case of dessert emergencies.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield Makes about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and work into dry mixture with your fingertips until pea-sized lumps form. Add oats and mix with your fingertips until clumps form; it should look like crumb topping. Chill 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined sheet tray and bake 8 minutes. Using a metal spatula, stir and toss crumble. Rotate tray and continue to bake until crumble is dark golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Let cool.
OATMEAL CRUMB TOPPING
My sister gave this to me when I wanted something to top a pumpkin dessert. This is fabulous! Can be used for almost any dessert. I have even warmed it and crumbled it over ice cream.
Provided by Small Town Cook
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, flour and oatmeal.
- Mix well and sprinkle over favorite dessert.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.1, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 9.8, Cholesterol 40.6, Sodium 146.1, Carbohydrate 54.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 35.8, Protein 3.1
More about "crumb topping recipes"
EASY CINNAMON STREUSEL CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST APPLE CRUMBLE (QUICK & EASY) | MOM ON TIMEOUT
BEST EVER FRUIT CRUMBLE | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
RIDICULOUSLY EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - INSPIRED TASTE
BAKED HALIBUT AND PARMESAN CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE
CRUMBLE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
10 BEST NO BAKE CRUMB TOPPING RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE CRUMB TOPPING - MY SEQUINED LIFE
BASIC STREUSEL CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CRUMB TOPPING WITH OATMEAL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
3-INGREDIENT CRUMBLE TOPPING - I HEART NAPTIME
THE 12 BEST CRUMBLE TOPPINGS | BBC GOOD FOOD
CRUMB TOPPING - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
10 BEST BROWN SUGAR CRUMB TOPPING RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE CRUMBLE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
9 CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE IDEAS | CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE, CRUMB …
HOW TO MAKE STREUSEL (CRUMB TOPPING) - SUGAR SPUN RUN
RECIPE FOR APPLE CRUMB TOPPING - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE | COOKSTR.COM
BAKED SALMON WITH CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST CINNAMON CRUMB TOPPING RECIPES | YUMMLY
COFFEE CAKE WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOW TO MAKE A FRUIT CRUMBLE WITH ANY KIND OF FRUIT - KITCHN
CRUMBLE TOPPING | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
16 CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE IDEAS | COFFEE CAKE, CAKE RECIPES, JUST …
CRUMBLE TOPPING (WITH OATS) - MORE THAN MEAT AND POTATOES
CRUMBLE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
OAT CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE FOR FRUIT CRUMBLES FROM KELSEY NIXON …
BEST CRUMBLE RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPE FOR FRUIT PIES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CRUMB TOPPING RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
MAKE AHEAD CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPE FOR THE FREEZER!
CRUMB TOPPING FOR CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE COBBLER WITH CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - HOME STRATOSPHERE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make crumble topping?The crumble topping not only looks pretty, it provides a crisp contrast to the soft fruit filling. I used it to top pies for my daughter's wedding reception. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
How do you make oat crumb topping for fruit crumbles?Food Network personality Kelsey Nixon shares an easy foolproof recipe for oat crumb topping for fruit crumbles that uses pantry staples + freezes well. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the oats, sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger, if using.
How do you make crumb topping for muffins?COMBINE the flour, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Sprinkle in cinnamon if using. Then use a spoon to combine the mixture until crumbs start to form (do not mix until smooth). Refrigerate until ready to use. SPRINKLE the crumb topping evenly on top of muffins, pies or breads. Then bake in the oven according to directions.
What kind of flour do you use to make crumb tops?Once the brown sugar and cinnamon are combined, you’ll mix in melted, unsalted butter. It’ll look preeeeetty liquid-y and not much like crumb topping at all at this point, but it will solidify perfectly once the flour is added. I tend to use all-purpose flour, but sometimes I’ll switch it up and use white whole wheat flour.