HOMEMADE GRANOLA WITH NUTS, SEEDS AND DRIED FRUIT
This is a delightful way to get healthy oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit into the tummies of everyone in the family.
Provided by Maureen Shaw
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 165C/325F
- In the largest bowl you have, add the oats, sunflower seeds, pepitas, pecans, almonds, coconut, walnuts and cashews and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the maple syrup, honey, oil, sugar, vanilla and brown sugar and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes and the mixture will thicken slightly.
- Pour the hot mixture over the oats, seeds and nuts and stir to coat.
- Place on baking sheets lined with foil or baking paper (I used foil) and bake for 20 minutes. About halfway through baking, stir the granola to ensure all the granola gets toasted.
- When the granola is light brown, remove from the oven and mix in the sultanas, cranberries, apricots (or other dried fruit).
- When completely cool place your granola in an air tight container and it should last two weeks. (Mine won't be around longer than a week)
FRUIT 'N' NUT GRANOLA
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk powder, fruit, walnuts, wheat germ and cinnamon. , In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and vanilla until mixed. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Pour into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. , Bake at 275° for 35-45 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and reserve.
- Combine brown sugar and water in a 4-cup microwave proof glass measuring cup or bowl. Place in microwave on high for 5 minutes and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from microwave, add vanilla extract and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, and brown sugar syrup mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Spread the granola onto cookie sheets and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden and crunchy.
- When the mixture comes out of the oven, it is still very pliable. You may choose to add in dried fruit as a finishing touch at this time. When granola has cooled completely, store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 calorie, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Carbohydrate 45 grams, Fiber 4.6 grams, Protein 7.3 grams
ULTIMATE FRUITY GRANOLA
Honey, maple syrup and vanilla coat this wonderfully crunchy treat that is fantastic no matter how you serve it-on its own, with cold milk, or in a yogurt parfait. -Sarah C. Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, sunflower kernels and flax. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat., Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 86mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
GRANOLA WITH PECANS AND DRIED FRUIT
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly coat two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Add oats and pecans; stir to combine. Divide mixture between sheets. Bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup coconut to each sheet; bake until mixture is golden brown, 15 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets. Stir in dried fruit and chocolate chips, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
FRUIT AND NUT GRANOLA (CHRISSIE'S GRANOLA)
Originally given to me at work as a 'Hey! I made this, try it, it's vegan (I'm not vegan), you'll love it!' and I did; I really did love it. I've made it several times now and a modified version for my husband (omitted the chocolate and used deluxe mixed nuts). I have to stash some or get none in my house.
Provided by szslone
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Pour the oats into a large bowl. Add almonds, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, brown sugar, and dried fruit into the oats respectively, stirring each into the mixture before adding the next.
- Mix maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. With a rubber spatula, add the maple syrup-vanilla mixture to your dry ingredients. Fold the two together until mixed and all dry ingredients are well coated.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, stir, and continue baking until golden brown, about 25 minutes more. Set aside to cool slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the granola mixture, allowing the chocolate to coat the granola as it melts slightly. Cool completely before storing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.8 calories, Carbohydrate 61.5 g, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 108 mg, Sugar 26.3 g
LIGHT FRUIT AND NUT GRANOLA
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the rolled oats, spelt flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, canola oil, applesauce, maple syrup, dried apricots, pecans and ground flax seed together in a bowl, and mix well. Spread the granola mixture on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir the granola, then bake for another 15 minutes until dry. Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.8 calories, Carbohydrate 57.4 g, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 10.6 mg, Sugar 28.6 g
This is a healthier trail mix-style granola with many crunchy clusters. The fat is lower than many recipes and it has lots of healthy grains, nuts and dried fruit.
Provided by Summerlea
Yield 8 1/2 c servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Mix oats, flax, wheat germ, almonds, pecans, salt and brown sugar in a large bowl. Wisk to combine the oil, honey and egg white, then pour over the oat mixture. Stir well until ingredients are evenly coated. It may seem too dry but keep stirring.
- Spray oil on a jelly roll pan and add the granola mixture. Bake 20-30 minutes, until the edges are browned and it smells toasty. To make clumps don't stir during baking. Cool and allow the granola to harden. Break into smaller pieces and add the fruit. Store airtight for two weeks.
- The dried fruit may hydrate the granola so it loses some of its crunch. If so just pop it back in a 300F oven for about 10 minutes.
More about "crunchy granola with nuts and dried fruit recipes"
CRUNCHY GRANOLA WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2.5/5 (3)Calories 224 per servingServings 6
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and let stand 15 minutes. Combine oats and remaining ingredients, and stir into the dried-fruit mixture. Sprinkle oat mixture over a jelly-roll pan, and bake at 300° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool granola to room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
HOMEMADE GRANOLA WITH NUTS, DRIED FRUIT, AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS!
HEALTHY GRANOLA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
INSANELY GOOD HOMEMADE GRANOLA | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY HEALTHY GRANOLA WITH HONEY AND NUTS - INSIDE THE RUSTIC …
CRUNCHY OAT AND NUT GRANOLA – MY GREEN HOUSE
HOMEMADE GRANOLA WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - TODAY
EASY HOMEMADE GRANOLA WITH NUTS - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD …
HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE WITH FRUIT AND NUTS: ON THE GO …
BEST CRUNCHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA WITH NUTS (MARCELLA'S)
HEALTHY, CRUNCHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE - MEGAN SOPHIE
CRUNCHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS RECIPE - AT HOME ON THE PRAIRIE
EASY FRUIT AND NUT GRANOLA - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
CRISPY HONEY NUT GRANOLA BARS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
GRANOLA WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HEALTHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA (W/ OLIVE OIL) - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
12 TASTY GRANOLA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
A HOMEMADE CRUNCHY FRUIT AND NUT GRANOLA THAT YOU SIMPLY MUST …
CRUNCHY GRANOLA WITH FRUIT & NUTS - AGERIGHT BLOG
CRUNCHY GRANOLA | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CRUNCHY DRIED FRUIT AND NUT GRANOLA - DAVEYNUTRITION
SUPER CHUNKY COCONUT GRANOLA | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
EASY GRANOLA RECIPE WITH FRUIT AND NUTS - POOK'S PANTRY RECIPE BLOG
EASY HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
CRUNCHY GRANOLA WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE CRUNCHY GRANOLA - SOUTHERN BYTES
THE BEST NUT FREE GRANOLA RECIPE
CRUNCHY GRANOLA WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRUNCHY GRANOLA - ANGIEBEAUTYHAIR.BLOGSPOT.COM
FRUIT-AND-NUT-PACKED GRANOLA RECIPE - NEAL FRASER | FOOD & WINE
CRUNCHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA - HEALTHY AND VEGAN - GROW WITH …
SUPER SIMPLE GRANOLA WITH FRUIT AND NUT - PLAYFUL COOKING
GRANOLA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CRUNCHY GRANOLA WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
OIL-FREE GRANOLA (WITH CLUSTERS!) - MY QUIET KITCHEN
GRANOLA WITH DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS - RENY-COOKBOOK
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #granola-and-porridge #breakfast #snacks #easy #grains #gifts #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #pasta-rice-and-grains #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make granola?Clusters of crunchy oats, mixed with dried fruit and nuts, this granola is so good, you’ll be eating it straight out of the jar. Preheat the oven to 175c/350f. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, honey, coconut oil and water. Once mixed, spoon it out onto a large metal baking tray and place it in the oven for 14-16 minutes.
When should I add nuts to my granola?When making this granola, I find it's best to add the nuts for the last few minutes of cooking to toast them lightly, without burning them. The dried fruit is added after cooking (otherwise you’ll end up with crunchy raisins).
How to make crispy Honey Nut granola bars?How To Make Crispy Honey Nut Granola Bars. To begin, spread the oats, walnuts and almonds onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 7 minutes. Add the shredded coconut and toss well. Place the pan back into the oven to cook for 4 to 5 minutes more.
Can you eat granola straight out of the jar?This amazing recipe for Nuts and Berries Granola contains clusters of crunchy oats, mixed with dried fruit and nuts, this granola is so good, you’ll be eating it straight out of the jar. In fact everyone in my house seems to eat it out of the jar.