My mom says it tastes like mushroom stuffing, a real comfort food for her. The Italian dressing gives it great flavor, the breadcrumbs add texture, and the melted mozzarella completes the yummy dish.
Provided by DANCERCHIC
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dip each slice of mushroom in the salad dressing, then into the bread crumbs. Layer the coated mushroom slices into a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour in any remaining dressing (or even more if you like), and sprinkle with any remaining breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.5 calories, Carbohydrate 28.4 g, Cholesterol 36.3 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 1272.5 mg, Sugar 6 g
Rich, earthy sauce that clings to penne pasta to make a hearty, meatless meal. Stir pesto into freshly cooked penne pasta, add to the top of crostini, or use as a dip for Italian-seasoned pita crisps.
Provided by Jewels Cooks
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and shallot in melted butter until the mushrooms are lightly browned and soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooled mushroom mixture to a blender; add pine nuts, olive oil, vegetable broth, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse blender a few times before blending until mixture is finely ground, scraping down the sides of the pitcher with a spatula as needed; scrape into a mixing bowl. Stir Parmesan cheese through the blended mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 474.4 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CRUNCHY PESTO & MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS
Italian green basil sauce makes a good base for this stuffed, vegetarian dish with creamy mascarpone and light rocket salad
Provided by Lucy Netherton
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat half the oil in a small pan and cook the onion and chopped mushroom stalks for 5-8 mins until soft. Tip into a bowl, allow to cool slightly, then add the mascarpone, lemon zest, pesto, mozzarella and seasoning.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Grease a small roasting tin and add the whole mushrooms, upside-down, in a single layer. Divide the stuffing between the mushrooms, spreading out to fill the middle of each one. Top each with crumbs and a grind of black pepper, then bake for 25-30 mins until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk the remaining oil with the lemon juice and some seasoning. Dress the rocket leaves and tomatoes just before serving with the stuffed mushrooms and garlic bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
CRISPY BREADED PESTO MOZZARELLA CHICKEN
- Pound out chicken breasts with meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Take unseasoned breadcrumbs and add salt, pepper, garlic salt, parmesan cheese, thyme, and any other herbs you desire to the crumbs. (You may decide amounts to your taste, I use about a teaspoon of the spices and a tablespoon or 2 of the parmesan depending on how many breadcrumbs you use).
- Combine homemade or store bought pesto (I prefer my homeade pesto) with shredded mozzarella cheese in a cup making sure to coat all of the cheese evenly with the pesto.
- Spread a generous amount of the cheese mixture on the pounded out chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast up and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip the chicken breast in milk and then into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place chicken onto a greased pan and place into a 400°F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
PESTO AND MOZZARELLA FRENCH BREAD PIZZA
Basil is the classic choice for this alternative to red sauce, but blend in any tender, flavorful herbs or greens like parsley, spinach, or arugula depending on what you have around. This pesto recipe doubles easily and freezes well, too: Transfer the finished pesto to an ice cube tray and freeze until firm. Pop the frozen pesto into a resealable bag, and keep it in the freezer for up to three months. Defrost whenever a pasta or pizza craving calls, though you can certainly use store-bought pesto to make things even easier. Fresh mozzarella creates excellent cheese pulls, but feel free to play around with other soft cheeses: A crumbling of feta or goat cheese would make delicious variations.
Provided by Dawn Perry
Categories pizza and calzones
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the pesto: Heat the oven to 450 degrees with a rack in the middle position. Combine basil, 1 garlic clove and pine nuts in a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped. With the machine running, stream in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add Parmesan and salt, and pulse to combine.
- Prepare the pizza: Combine the 1/4 cup olive oil and grated garlic in a small pot over medium. Cook, swirling occasionally, until the garlic starts to sizzle (but doesn't begin to brown), 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the French bread cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush cut sides with garlic oil. Bake until edges are golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread the pesto over the two halves all the way to the edges and top with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is evenly melted, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to broil and broil (watch carefully!) until the cheese is bubbly and browned in spots, 1 to 2 minutes more. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Top with red-pepper flakes, oregano and more Parmesan, if you like.
ROASTED TOMATO, MOZZARELLA AND PESTO CALZONES
The secret to crispy calzones: Bake them in a very hot oven, and use drier ingredients in the filling to prevent the dough from becoming soggy. Slow-roasting the tomatoes for the filling concentrates their flavor and pulls out their juices, while pesto adds punch without contributing too much moisture. Fresh mozzarella is just right for many things, but it's too wet for a calzone, so use drier whole-milk mozzarella instead. If you prefer to use store-bought pizza dough, you'll need three (8-ounce) balls for this recipe.
Provided by Jessica Battilana
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment (or in a large bowl with a wooden spoon), combine the water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top and let stand 5 minutes until foamy. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, salt and olive oil, and mix until combined. Increase speed to medium and mix until the dough comes together in a smooth ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- While the dough rises, prepare the tomatoes: Heat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange tomatoes cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, scatter with garlic and season generously with salt. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the tomato skins are wrinkly. Let cool slightly, then use your fingers to pull the skins off each tomato. (Count the number of tomato pieces now, then you'll have an easier time dividing them among the 6 calzones.) Discard skins, then transfer tomatoes and garlic to a strainer set over a bowl. (You won't need the accumulated juices for this recipe, but save them - you can whisk them with a bit more olive oil and vinegar for a vinaigrette.)
- Gently punch down the dough and transfer to a not-floured work surface. Divide into 6 pieces, each about 4 1/4 ounces/120 grams. Working with one piece of dough at a time, cup the dough ball on a work surface (almost as though you were forming a cage around the dough). Rotate your hand in clockwise circles, exerting a bit of pressure on the top of the dough ball, until it's a smooth sphere. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough and let stand 15 minutes, loosely covered with plastic wrap or a clean dish towel. (The dough can be prepared up to this point, transferred to a baking sheet, covered with greased plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight. Let come to room temperature before proceeding.)
- If you have a large pizza stone, place it in the oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. (If you don't have a pizza stone, lightly oil a rimmed 13-by-18-inch baking sheet). Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll into an 8-inch circle using a rolling pin. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto in the center of the dough and use the back of the spoon or an offset spatula to spread it in a thin, even layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Pile 2/3 cup mozzarella on half of the dough, then top with some of the tomatoes. Fold the dough in half, over filling, then roll and crimp the edge of the dough together to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough, pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes until all 6 calzones have been formed. Brush each calzone with egg wash and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- With a large spatula, transfer the calzones to the pizza stone (or baking sheet) and arrange them diagonally to fit. Bake until puffed and deep brown, 18 to 23 minutes. (Tent with foil if the tops become too dark before the rest of the dough is browned.) Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
More about "crunchy pesto mozzarella baked mushrooms recipes"
BAKED TOMATOES WITH MOZZARELLA AND PESTO – THE …
CRISPY BAKED PARMESAN GARLIC BREADED MUSHROOMS - JO …
MUSHROOMS BAKED WITH MOZZARELLA - NZ HERALD
RECIPE: CHEESY PESTO BAKED CAVATELLI WITH ZUCCHINI
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
A VEGETARIAN BURGER WITH MUSHROOMS ROASTED IN PESTO …
ROASTED CAPRESE WITH CRISPY BAKED MUSHROOM RAVIOLI
KETO WHITE PIZZA WITH MUSHROOMS AND PESTO - RECIPE
10 BEST GARLIC MOZZARELLA MUSHROOMS RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY CHICKEN EN CROUTE - FAST BUT FANCY! - CHEF NOT …
PESTO CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRUNCHY PESTO MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS BBC GOOD FOOD
PESTO AND MOZZARELLA STUFFED BAKED POTATOES - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
CRUNCHY PESTO & MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS – COOKER APP
MUSHROOM AND BASIL PESTO PIZZA - DIYS.COM
CRUNCHY PESTO & MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS | ALLYSON LEES
EASY PESTO PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS (2022) FULL GUIDE
CRUNCHY PESTO & MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS | RECIPE | BAKED …
MUSHROOM FLATBREAD: AN ARTISAN FLATBREAD PIZZA RECIPE - THE …
31 FRESH MOZZARELLA RECIPES - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
CRUNCHY PESTO & MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS - READABLE RECIPES
MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH CRISPY GARLIC, MOZZARELLA AND PESTO
PESTO & MOZZARELLA STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - MY FOOD
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN PESTO MOZZARELLA RECIPES - YUMMLY
CRUNCHY PESTO & MOZZARELLA BAKED MUSHROOMS
PESTO MOZZARELLA PIADINA RECIPE | HELLOFRESH | RECIPE | PIADINA …
DILL PESTO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CRUSTED BAKED CHICKEN WITH MOZZARELLA AND PESTO
RECIPE: CHEESY PESTO BAKED CAVATELLI WITH ZUCCHINI & MUSHROOMS
MUSHROOM PESTO PIZZA - JAJA BAKES - JAJABAKES.COM
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | CRUNCHY-PESTO--MOZZARELLA-BAKED ...
GRILLED MUSHROOMS WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA » FOOD & COMMUNITY
BAKED PENNE WITH MUSHROOMS AND MOZZARELLA | IN THE KITCHEN WITH …
Amazing pesto-stuffed mushrooms recipe!1.2K views-01:00
Savory and healthy pesto-stuffed mushrooms recipe17 views-11:48
Stuffed Roast Peppers with Asparagus Mushrooms & Mozzarella Recipe7.6K views-04:47
Fried mozzarella and basil pesto2.3K views-00:14
portobello mushroom caps with basil pesto, mozzarella, & balsamic glaze36 views-02:18
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook mushrooms for pesto?Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Transfer cooled mushroom mixture to a blender; add pine nuts, olive oil, vegetable broth, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
How to cook mushrooms for pizza?Dip your mushrooms – Dip each mushroom in egg whites, then roll mushroom through the breadcrumb mixture, and place on baking sheet. Bake – 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy then serve with ranch dressing, marinara or dipping sauce of your choice! If you can’t find Panko breadcrumbs, regular ones will work just fine.
How to cook baked mozzarella chicken breast with pesto and pastry?Baked Mozzarella Chicken Breast with Pastry & Pesto - take your baked mozzarella chicken up a notch by adding pesto and a crunchy pastry top! Pre heat oven to 210c, and line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Take your pastry sheet out of the freezer to thaw while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
How to cook mushrooms in the oven?Dip your mushrooms – Dip each mushroom in egg whites, then roll mushroom through breadcrumb mixture, and place on baking sheet. Fry mushrooms – Once heated, place your breaded mushrooms into the oil – in small batches of 6 works best. Cook for 6 – 10 minutes, flipping half way through to get a golden brown color.