CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW
Make this crunchy coleslaw into a homely supper with roast chicken and mustardy mayo, or glam it up Asian-style with lime, herbs and juicy grilled chicken
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Vegetable
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Using a large knife, shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl with the carrot, apple and spring onions.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and oil. Season then toss with the salad. Serve or see our suggestions, below right.
- To make with roast chicken, snip the stalks from a punnet of mustard cress and stir half into the coleslaw with the wholegrain mustard. Divide between plates then scatter the roast chicken (leftovers or shop bought) on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cress and serve.
- To make with marinated chicken, heat the grill to high. Tear the leaves from a large bunch basil and scatter half of them into the coleslaw. Chop the rest and mix with a pinch ground fenugreek or coriander, zest and juice of the lime, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Rub the chicken breasts in the lime mix (leave to marinate for 10 mins if time), then grill for 6 mins on each side until golden and cooked through. Thickly slice and serve on top of the coleslaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.13 milligram of sodium
RED CABBAGE SLAW
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and sugar until dissolved. Slowly whisk in oil, celery seed, salt and pepper to taste. Toss in cabbage, carrots, red onion and raisins to coat well. Cover and let sit at least 1 hour.
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW SALAD
Another recipe that I collected with an eye to eating healthier. I think red cabbage is underused anyway. If you threw some cooked chicken in with this if you wanted a bit more substance in this light meal. You could also more than likely use light mayo to make it even lower in fat. This is from British TV cook Silvana Franco and was first published in the July 2006 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
Provided by Sarah_Jayne
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Using a large knife, shred the cabbage.
- Place in a large bowl with the carrot, apple and green onions.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar and oil. Season.
- Toss with the salad and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115.6, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 1.9, Sodium 89.2, Carbohydrate 15.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 8.4, Protein 1.9
- Mix the cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown the almonds and sesame seeds in the butter.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Just before serving, add the sesame seeds, almonds, and crushed raw ramen noodles to the cabbage and green onions. Pour the dressing, a little at a time, over the salad mix, then toss.
CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD
- Break noodles; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and half of the contents from the noodle seasoning packet; shake well. (Discard remaining seasoning or save for another use.) , In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add noodles and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, Fat 13g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 246mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
RED CABBAGE SLAW
Gladys De Boer offers an alternative to traditional coleslaw with this colorful contribution. The Castleford, Idaho subscriber tosses shredded red cabbage with a homemade honey-mustard dressing for refreshing results.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and mustard; shake well. Place cabbage in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186 calories, Fat 17g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 125mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD
- In a jar, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add seasoning packet from Ramen noodles and shake well. Just before serving, combine cabbage, onion, seeds, almonds and crushed noodles. Toss with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301, Fat 24.2, SaturatedFat 3.5, Sodium 524.6, Carbohydrate 18, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 6, Protein 5.6
RED CABBAGE SLAW
This raw red cabbage and mixed seed side salad can be on the table in just 15 minutes - serve alongside Asian-inspired mains
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the red cabbage in a large bowl with the seeds and toss to combine.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl or jug. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and seeds, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
RED CABBAGE COLESLAW
This is an awesome coleslaw that I make occasionally, because it is tart, crunchy, and flavorful. Unlike traditional coleslaw, my recipe is not sweet at all, but is sour because of the acidity from the lemon juice and pickles. The crunchy vegetables and creamy dressing makes it refreshing as a side dish for a barbeque or a quick and easy salad to accompany a weekday dinner. Enjoy!
Provided by Nanor
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, pickle, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Aleppo pepper together in a small bowl; pour over cabbage mixture and toss until well coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 2.6 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 814.7 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "crunchy red cabbage slaw salad recipes"
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW (NO MAYO) RECIPE - UNPEELED …
5/5 (3)Servings 10Cuisine American, GermanCategory Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish
- Prepare the cabbage: Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and discard. Slice the cabbage in half lengthwise through the stump. Place each half face-down on a cutting board and slice very thin. Place the slices in a large mixing bowl, breaking up the dense leaves with your hands.
- For the carrots: Wash, then peel the tough outer layer from each carrot and discard. Continue to peel the carrots all the way to down to nubs, creating lots of long carrot ribbons. Add them to the cabbage.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the shallot, vinegar, honey or sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking, until the dressing emulsifies.
- Add about half the dressing to the slaw and toss, along with most of the scallions. Taste for seasoning and add more dressing as necessary. Garnish with the reserved scallions.This red cabbage slaw will keep for up to two days, dressed, covered in the refrigerator. Toss again before serving.
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE
CABBAGE SLAW WITH PEANUT DRESSING - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE: CRUNCHY CABBAGE & PEANUT SLAW - KITCHN
ASIAN SLAW - HEALTHY, CRUNCHY ASIAN CABBAGE SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE, APPLE & TOASTED SEED SLAW
LIGHT AND CRUNCHY COLESLAW RECIPE | THE RUSTIC FOODIE®
CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CRUNCHY CABBAGE SLAW WITH FARRO, PECORINO, AND DATES - KITCHN
SIMPLE RED CABBAGE SLAW – A COUPLE COOKS
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RED CABBAGE SLAW (QUICK HOMEMADE DRESSING) - SPEND WITH …
10 BEST CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES WITH PLENTY OF CRUNCH
15 CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALADS ARE THE SEASON'S BEST SIDES
CRUNCHY CASHEW CABBAGE SALAD - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
RED AND WHITE CABBAGE COLESLAW RECIPE - SIMS HOME KITCHEN
CRUNCHY RAMEN RED CABBAGE SLAW - JAMIE GELLER
RED CABBAGE AND CARROT SLAW RECIPE - DIETHOOD
CRUNCHY ASIAN CABBAGE SALAD - RICARDO
EASY HEALTHY RED CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE | IRISH AMERICAN MOM
EASY RED CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
RED CABBAGE SLAW WITH CRUNCHY NOODLES - CHANG'S AUTHENTIC ASIAN …
CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | FOOD & WINE
EASY CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE – MUST LOVE HOME
CRUNCHY RAMEN AND CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
JUNETEENTH RED FOODS: SOUTHERN RED CABBAGE SLAW - THE SOUL …
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH SWEET CHILLI - LOWLY
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
17 RED CABBAGE RECIPES TO TRY, FROM CRUNCHY SLAW TO FISH TACOS
RED CABBAGE SLAW WITH WALNUTS AND RAISINS - THE SIMPLE BALANCE
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEEF AND COLESLAW SANDWICH WITH CRISPY CHIPS - ITALIAN RECIPES BY ...
RED CABBAGE SLAW | HOW TO MAKE COLESLAW WITH RED CABBAGE …
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE + TUNA SLAW — NATASHA RED
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - PINTEREST
RED CABBAGE SLAW - LITTLE VIENNA
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #lunch #salads #fruit #vegetables #easy #no-cook #summer #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #apples #carrots #presentation #served-cold #technique
You'll also love