CRUNCHY WALNUT SALAD
"This salad is crunchy, sweet, tart and so tasty! I make it at least twice a week." Apples, nuts and dried cherries give it special appeal. Barbara Discenza - Auburn, GA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, apple, walnuts and cherries. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 20g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 290mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CRUNCHY CARROT, RAISIN 'N WALNUT SALAD
Throw this together in a flash. The walnuts add a nice crunch. To make it even easier, buy a package of carrots already shredded at your grocers. Makes a great side dish.
Provided by Marie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix together carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice and stir into carrot mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.
CRUNCHY SWEET BRUSSELS SPROUT-WALNUT SALAD
- Remove the core of the Brussels sprouts and thinly slice. Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, until the brussels sprouts are bright green and slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts to the brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Turn out into a serving bowl and serve warm.
CRUNCHY KALE SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND PECORINO
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Toss the kale and radicchio with about half of the oil, lemon juice and zest in a large glass mixing bowl. Let stand about 2 minutes. Add the Pecorino, currants, basil and the remaining oil, lemon juice and zest. Thoroughly mix. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fold in the walnuts just before serving and top the salad with a pile of Pecorino.
CRUNCHY LENTIL WALNUT SALAD
This is a copycat of the fabulous Lentil Walnut Salad from the Kebab Shop in California. You want to make sure not to overcook the lentils...they should have a little bite to stand up to the crunchiness of the walnuts. Unlimited modifications could be made with additions, subtractions and/or tweaks... pine nuts instead of walnuts, add goat cheese or feta, add crunchy carrots too? Enjoy!
Provided by AmyFromSD
Yield 4 cups, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse the lentils and put them in a saucepan with plenty of lightly salted water and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil, decrease the heat to a simmer, and cook for about 20 - 25 minutes, until the lentils are tender but still have a good crunch/bite to them. Be careful to not overcook them.
- While the lentils are cooking, make the dressing. Mix the vinegar, mustard, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the dressing as you like to your taste preferences.
- Drain the lentils well and mix them into the dressing while still warm, stirring to cook the lentils. Remove the bay leaf and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the walnuts and green onion. Taste, and add additional salt, if desired. I serve the salad at room temperature or warm. The salad can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated. Let it come to room temperature before serving; it may need to be re-seasoned once refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.5, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 9.1, Carbohydrate 10.1, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 1.2, Protein 5.7
CRUNCHY APPLE-WALNUT SALAD WITH PARMESAN DRESSING
Enjoy this easy to make Crunchy Apple-Walnut Salad with Parmesan Dressing as a zesty and delicious addition to your lunch! The spicy arugula pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy cranberries. This Crunchy Apple-Walnut Salad with Parmesan Dressing is satisfying and easy to make.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1-1/2 cups each
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Toss arugula with fruit, nuts, onions and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Whisk lemon juice, mustard, pepper, garlic and remaining cheese in small bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Drizzle Parmesan dressing over salad; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 30 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
CRUNCHY PICKLE SALAD
We tend to favor pickles that are bright with acid and low on sugar; anything labeled "half-sour" usually fits the bill. If using sweeter pickles, add a bit more vinegar and salt.
Provided by Andy Baraghani
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, whisk pickle brine, vinegar, mustard, honey, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Let sit to allow onion to soften slightly, at least 5 minutes and up to 15 minutes.
- Add walnuts, pickles, fennel, dill, and Parmesan to dressing and toss to coat. Transfer salad to a large shallow bowl or platter and drizzle with oil. Serve with toast to sop up the dressing if desired.
CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD
This old-fashioned salad is part of my favorite meal that Mom used to make. Crunchy apples, celery and walnuts blend well with the creamy mayonnaise. -Julie Pearsall, Union Springs, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, celery, raisins and walnuts. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 45mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "crunchy walnut salad recipes"
CRUNCHY RAMEN AND CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRUNCHY ROCKET & WALNUT SALAD - KATIE DICKENSKATIE DICKENS
CRUNCHY WALNUT SALAD RECIPE
POMEGRANATE, CRUNCHY WALNUT & KALE SALAD | HEARTFUL TABLE
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
APPLE WALNUT SALAD RECIPE - COOKING LSL
SMALL BATCH CRUNCHY CANDIED WALNUTS - BUDGET BYTES
5 FANTASTIC RECIPES FOR CRUNCHY, FLAVORFUL SALADS
10 BEST CRUNCHY NUT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRUNCHY WALNUT RECIPE
CRUNCHY ASIAN RAMEN SALAD - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD WITH CRUNCHY WALNUTS AND FRESH APPLE RECIPE
RECIPE: CRUNCHY BROCCOLI WALNUT SALAD – CLEVELAND CLINIC
CRANBERRY WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
CRUNCHY WALNUT SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CRUNCHY WARM WALNUT QUINOA SALAD - TERI GENTES
CRUNCHY BELGIAN ENDIVE AND WALNUT SALAD - GARLIC & ZEST
CRUNCHY BEET & WALNUT SALAD - PEI LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION
STRAWBERRY WALNUT SALAD - BUSY COOKS
CRUNCHY WALNUT SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
CRUNCHY CUCUMBER WALNUT & DILL SALAD - INSPECTOR GORGEOUS
APPLE WALNUT SALAD RECIPE | COOK CLICK N DEVOUR!!!
CREAMY AND CRUNCHY CRANBERRY WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD - MITTEN GIRL
GEORGIAN SALAD WITH CREAMY WALNUT DRESSING (PALEO, VEGAN)
BEST WALNUTS RECIPES: CRUNCHY TURKEY SALAD
CRUNCHY WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRUNCHY BROCCOLI RAISINS WALNUT SALAD | RECIPE | WALNUT SALAD, …
BEST APPLE, CRANBERRY AND WALNUT SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
CRUNCHY WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CRUNCHY PEAR WALNUT SALAD WITH A MUSTARD ORANGE DRESSING
POMEGRANATE AND CRUNCHY WALNUT SALAD - WAITROSE
CRUNCHY BROCCOLI RAISINS WALNUT SALAD - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
CRANBERRY WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD - THISFARMGIRLCOOKS.COM
CRUNCHY LAYERED SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND ASIAN SESAME DRESSING
CRUNCHY ROMAINE SALAD W/WALNUT & RAMEN NOODLE TOPPING RECIPE
CRUNCHY ROMAINE STRAWBERRY WALNUT SALAD - SKINNY NOT SKINNY
CRUNCHY APPLE, WALNUT & BLUE CHEESE SALAD - THE MAIL
CRUNCHY CUCUMBER DILL SALAD - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What kind of salad is Cranberry Walnut chicken salad?Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad is delightfully flavorful, versatile, and adaptable. This creamy chicken salad is filled with crunchy walnuts, sweet and tangy cranberries, and tender chunks of chicken. This recipe is a quick favorite for summer and fall and is easily prepped and packed in advance for lunch and carefree picnics.
What is in the crunchy Broccoli raisins and walnut salad?Crunchy Broccoli Raisins and Walnut Salad is simply tossed with fresh chopped broccoli, fresh chopped cabbage, raisins, dried cranberries, and walnuts with a sweet, Dijon vinaigrette. Then topped with crispy bacon just before it’s served. YUM! It was so amazing, we all couldn’t stop eating it.
What are some healthy salad recipes for beginners?Fresh lettuce, crisp apples, juicy grapes and crunchy walnuts and celery make this classic a favorite. Place lettuce in large salad bowl. Core and chop apples. Slice grapes in half. Add apples, celery and grapes to lettuce. Top with walnuts. Toss gently to combine. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with lemon juice. Add salt and pepper.
What is the best way to make a salad dressing?Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, both vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cabbage, raisins, cranberries, red onion, and walnuts; stir to coat. Cover and chill for one to two hours.