CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE
I can't remember where I got this recipe. The Cuban surgeon at the hospital where I worked said it was "almost as good" as his mother's!
Provided by carole in orlando
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large stockpot cover beans with water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for one hour.
- Drain water and cover with fresh water (6 cups).
- In a skillet saute the onions, bell pepper and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add onion mixture and all remaining ingredients, except the red wine vinegar, to the beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer covered for 2 hours, until beans are tender.
- Add more water if necessary.
- At the last minute add the red wine vinegar, just before serving.
- Serve with 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Top with chopped green onions, chopped hard boiled eggs or sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.8, Fat 19.9, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 0.9, Sodium 412.9, Carbohydrate 66.4, Fiber 12.7, Sugar 3.4, Protein 18.6
BLACK BEANS AND RICE
- Cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat onion, bell pepper, carrots, orange juice, paprika, coriander, red pepper flakes, garlic and tomatoes to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove vegetable mixture from heat. Stir in beans. In blender or food processor, place 1 cup of the bean mixture. Cover; blend on medium speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Stir blended mixture into bean mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes or until hot. Serve over rice with yogurt. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 63 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 13 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 160 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
PACIFIC CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE
I am not claiming this to be an authentic Cuban dish, rather my version of it. I hope that you enjoy. Garnish with chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and sour cream.
Provided by Fancy Nancy
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat; saute onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, and garlic in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix black beans with liquid, chorizo, chicken stock, picante sauce, bay leaves, paprika, red wine vinegar, cumin, sugar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes together in the pot with the onion mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the pot, and simmer until the beans have softened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid from pot and continue cooking until the mixture reaches your desired consistency, at least 20 minutes more. Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to your preferences. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559.4 calories, Carbohydrate 84.5 g, Cholesterol 18.4 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 13.2 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 1609 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
CUBAN RED BEANS AND RICE
In this easy version of a classic Cuban dish, red kidney beans are seasoned with onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, and oregano. If you prefer black beans, use them instead, or sprinkle the dish with cilantro.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until onion is soft, 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add cumin, oregano, and rice; stir, and cook 1 minute. Add beans and broth; stir, then season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover. Reduce to a medium simmer and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 11 g
CUBAN STEAK WITH BLACK BEANS AND RICE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, 1 teaspoon each cumin and oregano and the lime juice in a small baking dish. Add the steak, turn to coat and season well with salt and pepper; set aside at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the black beans with their liquid, the rice, 1 cup water, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 17 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the bell peppers, onion, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and a big pinch each of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Grill the peppers and onion, turning occasionally, until browned in spots and crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Return to the bowl, add the olives and toss. Grill the steaks until browned, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare; transfer to a cutting board.
- Fluff the rice and divide among plates. Slice the steak and serve with the rice, vegetables and lime wedges.
More about "cuban steak with black beans and rice recipes"
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE - THE LEMON BOWL®
4.3/5 (144)Total Time 10 hrsCategory Side DishCalories 220 per serving
- Soak beans overnight to soften and remove any small hard stones. The next day, strain and rinse soaked beans with fresh water.
- To cook beans, place in a large pot and add enough water to cover the beans by two inches. Carefully smash whole garlic cloves with the back of a knife and add to the pot of beans along with 2 of the bay leaves.
- Bring the pot to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until tender (90 minutes or up to two hours.) Set aside once cooked.
- Next, in a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions, peppers, and garlic. Add spices (salt through cayenne) and continue stirring until vegetables have softened, 4-6 minutes.
PALOMILLA STEAK WITH BLACK BEANS, RICE AND SWEET PLANTAINS
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine CaribbeanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (326)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 368 per serving
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE WITH PULLED BEEF RECIPE ...
Cuisine CaribbeanAuthor Emma KnowlesServings 4-6Total Time 4 hrs
- For pulled beef, preheat oven to 150C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add steak and brown well all over (4-5 minutes), then transfer to a roasting pan large enough to fit steak snugly. Add onion, chilli and garlic to frying pan, stir occasionally until tender (5-6 minutes), then add spices and stir until fragrant (1 minute). Add tomatoes and chillies in adobo, simmer until reduced by half (3-4 minutes), then add stock, orange rind and juice and bay leaves, and bring to the simmer. Season to taste, pour onto steak, cover tightly with foil and roast until fork tender (3-3½ hours). Remove steak from braising liquid and shred with a fork. Transfer braising liquid to a saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until reduced to a thick sauce (5-10 minutes). Add vinegar, adjust seasoning to taste and stir in shredded beef.
- Cover black beans generously with cold water in a saucepan, place over medium-high heat, bring to the boil and cook until just tender (30-40 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Add rice, stir to coat, then add stock, season to taste, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until rice is tender and stock is absorbed (15-20 minutes). Add beans, coriander, lime juice and extra-virgin olive oil, and serve hot with pulled beef, topped with coriander and jalapeños, and with lime wedges alongside.
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND PLANTAINS
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 593 per serving
- While the rice cooks, place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the plantain slices in the center of one baking sheet and the bell peppers and red onion in the center of the other. Drizzle each baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon allspice over the plantains. Toss the plantains and vegetables to coat, then spread each into an even layer. Bake in the upper and lower thirds of the oven until the plantains are lightly browned and very tender and the vegetables are caramelized and tender, about 16 to 18 minutes for the plantains and 20 minutes for the vegetables, switching the pans’ position on the upper and lower racks once halfway through.
- While the rice, plantains, and vegetables cook, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the jalapeño and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice. Cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then stir in the black beans and 1/4 cup water. Cook until the liquid is slightly reduced and the beans are hot, about 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Divide the cooked rice evenly among 4 bowls. Top each with beans, roasted plantains and vegetables, a big handful each of sliced radishes, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
CUBAN STEAK AND BEANS RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Into small bowl, finely grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; finely grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice from 2 limes.
QUICK AND DELICIOSO CUBAN STYLE BLACK BEANS - SKINNYTASTE
4.7/5 (50)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 114 per serving
- Add beans, water, bay leaf, cumin, oregano, red wine vinegar, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
BISTEC ENCEBOLLADO: CUBAN STEAK AND ONIONS COOKED BY JULIE ...
Ratings 8Calories 245 per servingCategory Main Dish See details »
ARROZ MORO (CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE) | GIFT OF HOSPITALITY
Ratings 17Calories 282 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
CUBAN CUBE STEAK - COOK2EATWELL - RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 401 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large, skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add the cube steak to the skillet. Cook the steaks about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Make sure the steak is browned on the outside, and then continue cooking to the desired doneness.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, place the steaks on a plate or pan. Keep the steaks warm by covering loosely with aluminum foil, or place them in the microwave or oven to keep away from drafts.
CUBAN BLACK BEANS (FRIJOLES NEGROS) AND RICE - THE ...
Cuisine CubanCategory Side DishServings 6Total Time 50 mins See details »
CUBAN-STYLE MINUTE STEAKS WITH BLACK BEANS AND RICE ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CUBAN BLACK BEANS OF YOUR LIFE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
5/5 (1) See details »
INSTANT POT FLANK STEAK RECIPE : EASY 30 MINUTE ONE POT ...
See details »
CUBAN BLACK BEANS - YOUTUBE
See details »
CUBAN STEAK WITH BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPES
See details »
CUBAN PALOMILLA STEAK — BISTEC DE PALOMILLA CUBANO – MY ...
See details »
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE WITH STEAK RECIPE
See details »
CUBAN STEAK WITH RICE & BEANS - BISTEC DE PALOMILLA!
See details »
CUBAN BEEF CASSEROLE WITH BLACK BEANS AND CUMIN RICE RECIPE
See details »
CUBAN BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS | COLLEGE INN
See details »
CUBAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE: ARROZ CONGRI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
CUBAN FLANK STEAK RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love