ROPA VIEJA (CUBAN MEAT STEW)
A filling beef meal, Ropa Vieja is a main course of shredded and braised beef with plenty of healthy, tasty vegetables like onions, peppers and olives. Our GOYA® Ropa Vieja recipe is sure to satisfy the hungriest of appetites. Lots of rice adds a fluffy texture to a full plate, too. Serve Ropa Vieja with GOYA® Frozen Ripe Plantains for a classic Latin pairing.
Provided by Goya
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Season meat with Adobo. Add steak to pot and cook in batches, flipping once, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate. Lower heat to medium. Stir in onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add sofrito and garlic to pot; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 cups of water, tomato sauce, Sazon, beef bouillon and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Return beef to pot. Lower heat to medium low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Stir in olives and capers. Cover pot; simmer until meat shreds easily with fork, 1 - 1 1/2 hours, adding more water in 1/4 cup measurements, if pot becomes dry. Transfer meat to work surface; shred meat with two forks. Bring remaining sauce to a boil. Mix meat and cilantro into sauce. Serve with white rice.
CUBAN BEEF STEW
The traditional dish uses a good amount of olive oil and meat with a lot of marbling. This version is lower in fat, but is true to the spirit of the recipe. Although it does take a fair amount of time, it is not difficult to make.
Provided by Bob Cody
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until transparent. Stir in cubed meat, and cook until browned. Stir in red bell pepper, bay leaf, cumin, and oregano; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, tomato sauce, vinegar, olives, raisins, and capers. Pour in enough water to just cover meat. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until fork tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add more water if the stew becomes too thick.
- Stir potatoes into the stew. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, until potatoes are almost tender. Uncover, and cook until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Fat 17.2 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 19.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 498.5 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
I got this recipe from my mom. I'm not sure where she got it, but growing up in Miami, I didn't really question it. Its very hearty and filling and the flavor is just so unique! I really like it (hot or cold the next day lol!) (cooking time includes cooking beef if needed and the simmering time)
Provided by jovigirl
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- If using beef cubes, boil beef cubes for 1 1/2 hours.
- Shred beef and save.
- Saute onions, peppers and chorizo in oil until vegetables are translucent.
- Add the garbanzo beans with the juice from the can, the tomato sauce, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, potatoes and shredded beef and simmer covered for about an hour and a half- I like the potatoes to be very soft- cook to your preferred doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1037.4, Fat 77.5, SaturatedFat 30.1, Cholesterol 110.7, Sodium 1177.6, Carbohydrate 60.7, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 4.2, Protein 25.4
CUBAN BEEF STEW: CARNE CON PAPAS
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and saute onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic, peppers, tomatoes, spices, and meat and saute for 5 more minutes. Add Sherry and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add potatoes and enough water to cover meat and potatoes. Let simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Can be served with white rice.
CUBAN BLACK-BEAN STEW WITH RICE
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, vinegar, and oregano. Cook, mashing some beans with the back of a spoon, until slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Fluff rice with a fork. Serve beans over rice, with garnishes, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 14 g
CUBAN PORK STEW
- In a large skillet, brown meat in 2 tablespoons olive oil, add flour and set aside. In a large dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in 1 T olive oil until translucent. Combine pork, sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, white wine, red wine vinegar, capers, parsley, cilantro, cumin, pepper ad chili sauce and cook until tender. Top with ¼ c. chopped cilantro. Serves 8-10 May be prepared 2 days in advance. Keep covered while cooking so it stays moist.
POTAJE DE GARBANZOS (CUBAN GARBANZO BEAN STEW)
This is my take on a super-comforting Cuban meal my dad has made for years. It is a great way to use pantry ingredients and can be served with white rice for an even heartier option. Don't be afraid to make a big batch -- the sweet and smoky flavors get better the next day!
Provided by Gabriela Rodiles
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a medium heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, green pepper, Sazón seasoning, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper. Cook, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly darker in color and thickened, about 1 minute. Add the vino seco to deglaze the pan, scraping any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garbanzo beans, potatoes, chorizo and 5 cups of water. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, then cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are tender and the chickpeas are very soft, about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes have softened, use the back of a wooden spoon to crush some of them against the side of the pot to thicken the stew. Serve the stew over hot rice, if desired.
CUBAN PORK STEW
- Cut pork into 1" cubes, sweet potatoes in 1/2" cubes, slice scallions thin, and mince garlic.
- Add all to large crock pot and cook on low for seven hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; cover slow cooker and cook for 5 minutes more. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving (including some cooking liquid.).
More about "cuban stew recipes"
CUBAN BEEF STEW (ROPA VIEJA) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (18)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 432 per serving
AJIACO (TRADITIONAL CUBAN STEW) - CUBAN RECIPES
27 EXOTIC CUBAN RECIPES FOR THE BEST TROPICAL EXPERIENCE
CUBAN BEEF (ROPA VIEJA) - PINCH OF NOM
CUBAN OXTAIL RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CUBAN CORN STEW - COOK2EATWELL
CUBAN BLACK BEAN STEW | THE SPLENDID TABLE
CUBAN CUISINE: CUBAN CHICKEN STEW (GUISADO DE POLLO) RECIPE.
CUBAN PORK STEW | METRO
CUBAN RECIPES | CUBAN CORN STEW RECIPE
10 BEST CUBAN PORK STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
24 BEST CUBAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SLOW COOKER CUBAN-STYLE BEEF STEW - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
CARNE CON PAPAS (CUBAN BEEF STEW) RECIPE - CONSERVAMOM
CUBAN STEW RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CUBAN INSTANT POT BEEF STEW (CARNE CON PAPAS) - EASY COMFORT FOOD
CUBAN LENTIL STEW RECIPE 2022 EASY RECIPE TOP
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK "STEW" - FROM FOODIE WITH LOVE
SOUPS AND STEWS | CUBAN RECIPES
CUBAN PICADILLO: GROUND BEEF STEW - PANNING THE GLOBE
STEW RECIPES:CUBAN COOKBOOK
SLOW COOKER CUBAN-STYLE CHICKEN STEW RECIPE
CUBAN BEEF STEW - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CUBAN ROPA VIEJA RECIPE (RICH BEEF STEW) | SOMEBODY FEED SEB
CUBAN CHICKPEA STEW RECIPE | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH LEARNING
CUBAN CHICKEN STEW - (EASY & DELICIOUS) WELL NOURISHED
CARNE CON PAPAS (CUBAN BEEF STEW) - A SASSY SPOON
CUBAN BLACK BEAN STEW | THE HEART OF HOMEMADE
CUBAN CHICKEN STEW WITH ALCAPARRADO - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
CUBAN ROPA VIEJA (SHREDDED BEEF RECIPE) - A SASSY SPOON
CUBAN CUISINE: CHICKPEA STEW RECIPE (POTAJE DE GARBANZOS).
"ECSTASY" CREAMY SEAFOOD STEW WITH CRAWFISH AND SCALLOPS
CUBAN ROPA VIEJA STEW RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
CUBAN PORK AND BLACK BEAN STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CUBAN SHRIMP STEW RECIPE | COOKING ON THE RANCH
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #caribbean #easy #central-american #stews #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #meat #roast-beef #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love