MUSSELS IN CURRY CREAM SAUCE
- In a large saucepan, cook shallots and garlic in simmering wine until translucent.
- Stir in cream and curry powder. When sauce is heated through, add mussels. Cover, and steam mussels for a few minutes, until their shells open wide. With a slotted spoon, transfer steamed mussels to a bowl, leaving the sauce in the pan. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Whisk butter into the cream sauce. Turn heat off, and stir in parsley and green onions. Serve immediately.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Trim the lemongrass, leaving 6 inches at the root end; discard the tops. Smash the stalks with the flat side of a knife and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in each of 2 large pots over medium-high heat. Add 1 sliced onion to each and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add half each of the garlic, lemongrass, ginger and curry paste to each pot and cook, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 can coconut milk, 2 tablespoons fish sauce and 1/4 cup water to each pot and bring to a simmer. Divide the mussels between the pots; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mussels open, about 8 minutes. (Discard any that do not open.) Add the juice of 2 limes to each pot, then add the lime halves. Stir 1/2 cup cilantro into each. Serve with bread, if desired.
This is a spicy curried dish that my English husband loves! Great as an appetizer or as a main dish. For less spicy/hot, reduce ginger and/or curry paste. Serve with your favorite crusty bread for dipping.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Soundergirl25
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion in the hot oil until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add ginger, green curry paste, lemon zest, and garlic. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, water, and lime juice. Bring to a vigorous simmer.
- Place mussels in a steamer above simmering sauce; cook until mussels open, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove mussels from heat and place into a large serving bowl.
- Place cilantro into the sauce mixture and cook just until it turns bright green, 30 to 60 seconds. Pour sauce over mussels and serve.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the cream, curry powder and lemon juice in a small bowl, and mix well. This step enables the curry flavor to develop.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large pot over high heat, and add the shallots, thyme and bay leaf. Stir until wilted. Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Add the mussels, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until the mussels open. Stir from time to time to assure even cooking. As soon as the mussels are opened, remove them from heat, and strain cooking liquid through a fine sieve into a bowl. Reserve 2 cups of the juice.
- Remove the top shell from each mussel and discard it, leaving the mussel meat attached to its bottom shell. Arrange decoratively on a serving platter, and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt the remaining butter, and whisk in the flour, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Cook briefly; do not brown. Slowly add the 2 cups of reserved cooking juice, whisking constantly. Bring to a rolling boil. Add the cream-and-curry mixture, and combine well. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve. Add salt, and check for seasoning. Ladle the sauce over the mussels, and serve immediately.
This delicious recipe is from my "Eve" cookbook. Eve Aronoff used to have a fabulous restaurant in Ann Arbor where we used to enjoy these mussels. We've made them several times at home. The curry cream recipe actually makes a quart, for which only 1 1/2 cups is used in this recipe. I have posted a recipe that also uses a batch of the curry cream for a torn seafood pasta. DH and I usually scale up the ingredients to make a batch and a half of curry cream, and then we enjoy both recipes.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Dr. Jenny
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 29
- For the Cream:.
- Heat oil and butter in large saucepan and saute onions, ginger, garlic and jalapenos for about 3 minutes.
- Season with spices and salt and pepper.
- Add cream, simmer to reduce until sauce thickens, but is still silky and coats the back of a spoon, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add sriracha, lime juice, and brown sugar and cheese.
- Adjust seasonings generously to taste.
- For the Mussels:.
- Place mussels in ice bath and stir. Discard mussels that do not close up tightly. Drain well.
- Saute garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, and a few sprigs of thyme in olive oil in large, shallow, non-reactive pot.
- Add mussels, shake to combine with garlic and shallots, add the white wine, thyme sprigs, and season with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cover and steam for about 3 minutes.
- Pour off half of liquid (discard or save for other use) and add Curry Cream.
- Simmer covered until mussels are completely open--shaking the pan occasionally. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Adjust seasonings generously to taste.
- Finish with topped fresh herbs and serve with crusty bread for sopping.
CURRY-COCONUT MUSSELS BABALU'S
- Cook onion, garlic, and ginger in oil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened. Stir in wine, juices, curry powder, thyme, saffron, bay leaf, coconut milk, tomato, and sambal oelek, then simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro and mussels and cook, covered, over high heat just until mussels open, 3 to 4 minutes (discard any unopened mussels), then season with salt. Serve immediately.
People also searched
More recipes about "curried mussels"
CURRIED MUSSELS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2013-12-28 · Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until softened, 8–10 minutes. Add garlic and curry …
- Ingredient Info: Canned unsweetened coconut milk is available at Indian, Latin, and Southeast Asian markets and many supermarkets.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until softened, 8–10 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mussels, coconut milk, and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until mussels have opened, about 5 minutes (discard any mussels that have not opened).
CURRIED COCONUT MUSSELS RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
2010-10-01 · Cook, stirring occasionally until onion softens, 3 min. Stir in curry powder and cook 1 min. Add tomatoes, coconut milk and salt. Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Add mussels ...
CURRIED MUSSELS | METRO
2013-08-06 · Preparation In a large stock pot, brown in oil and butter the onions, fruit, curry and cumin, over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Raise the heat, pour the white wine, add the mussels and cook covered until all the mussels …
STEAMED COD WITH CURRIED MUSSELS AND CARROTS RECIPE ...
2019-09-18 · The pearlescent cod is, of course, the focal point of this beautifully simple recipe, but the creamy, curried sauce studded with plump mussels and julienned …
THAI RED CURRY MUSSELS RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | FOOD NETWORK
2016-11-18 · Heat the oil in a heavy Dutch oven on the grates of the grill until shimmering. Add the lemongrass, curry paste, wine, coconut milk, fish sauce, and …
CURRIED MUSSELS | JAMES MARTIN CHEF
Heat a large pan, add the oil and onion and mix the dry spices with the water to a paste. Pop in the pan and then mix thoroughly. Add the coconut milk, purees and fresh herbs. When mixed in add the mussels, pop a lid on and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
See details ››
COCONUT CURRY MUSSELS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Heat the oil in a pot (large enough to hold all of the mussels) on medium high heat and add the onion and stir for a few minutes until they become soft and slightly translucent. Add the chilies, ginger, and curry powder and stir for a minute until fragrant. Add broth …
See details ››
COCONUT-CURRY MUSSELS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2017-04-12 · Low-Calorie Mussel Recipes; Coconut-Curry Mussels; Coconut-Curry Mussels. Rating: 5 stars. 1 Ratings. 5 star values: 1 ; 4 star values: 0 ; 3 star values: 0 ; 2 star values: 0 ; 1 star values: 0 ; Read Reviews ; Add Review; 1 Rating ; 1 Review ; In this healthy seafood dinner recipe, a 3-ounce serving of mussels …
- Rinse mussels well and use a brush to remove any barnacles. Discard any with broken shells. Pull off any fibrous "beard" pinched between the shells (most cultivated mussels have had the beards removed).
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, curry powder, fennel seeds, cayenne and salt; cook until the tomatoes soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and wine; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon to a large bowl (discard any unopened mussels); cover to keep warm.
- Boil the sauce over high heat for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Pour the sauce over the mussels. Serve garnished with cilantro.
CURRIED MUSSELS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2010-03-30 · Step 1 Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add mussels and wine.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add mussels and wine. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Remove mussels with a slotted spoon. Divide mussels evenly among 4 bowls. Keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add coconut milk, curry powder, and salt to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Ladle sauce evenly over each serving; sprinkle with cilantro.
CURRIED COCONUT MUSSELS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2011-05-11 · Stir in curry paste; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add coconut milk, wine, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in mussels; cover and cook 5 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in 1/2 cup basil and juice. Divide mussels …
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in curry paste; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add coconut milk, wine, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in mussels; cover and cook 5 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in 1/2 cup basil and juice. Divide mussels mixture evenly among 4 bowls, and spoon the coconut mixture evenly over mussels. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon remaining basil; serve with lime wedges.
- Wine Match: Columbia Winery Cellarmaster's Riesling, Columbia Valley ($10), has a dense texture and honey-sweet flavor that's balanced with spice and mineral notes. Tart lime cuts through the rich coconutty broth of the mussels.—Julianna Grimes
CURRIED MUSSELS IN WHITE ALE RECIPE - SANG YOON | FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the red curry paste, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the mirin, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce and ...
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the red curry paste, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the mirin, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce and basil leaves and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the red curry sauce into a bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the ale to a boil. Add the mussels, cover and cook over high heat, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to 4 bowls, discarding any that don't open. Add the red curry sauce to the ale and boil for 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the mussels, sprinkle with the chopped basil and cilantro and serve.
CURRIED MUSSELS - THEDANARENEEWAY
2021-03-03 · Add curry powder, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and salt and toss to coat the vegetables. Allow the tomato mixture to cook over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes before adding the coconut …
- Clean and inspect mussels to ensure they’re fresh and alive and clear of any dirt or mud. Remove the beard and discard any mussel with an open or broken shell. Set aside.
- In a stockpot, Dutch oven, or deep enameled cast iron pan with a lid, melt ghee or butter over medium-high heat. Sauté carrots for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Add onion and continue sautéing for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic until fragrant, about a minute or so, continuously stirring to avoid burning.
- Add curry powder, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and salt and toss to coat the vegetables. Allow the tomato mixture to cook over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes before adding the coconut milk and broth.
- Bring the liquid to a low simmer, then add the mussels and lightly toss to coat with the broth and cradle them in the liquid. Immediately cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and allow to steam for about 5 minutes undisturbed until the shells have opened. (If many of the shells are still closed, cover again and continue steaming for another few minutes.)
STEAMED MUSSELS IN A COCONUT CURRY BROTH
2014-07-31 · Cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and stock, stirring until it’s smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring continuously. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the mussels and toss. Cover the skillet and cook just until the mussels …
- Keep the mussels refrigerated until you’re ready to use. Once ready, place them in a large bowl of ice cold water. Scrub the outsides of the mussels and remove the string (or “beard”) by using a towel or paper towel to pull it out. Discard any mussels that have opened already. Keep the mussels in the ice water.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add the butter and olive oil. Once it’s melted, stir in the onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the curry paste and continue to stir until it’s distributed throughout the entire pan of onions. Cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and stock, stirring until it’s smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring continuously. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the mussels and toss. Cover the skillet and cook just until the mussels open, about 5 to 6 minutes. Garnish with the sliced green onions. Stir the mussels well so the broth makes it into the shells. Serve immediately with baguettes or thin fries.
35 MUSSELS RECIPES THAT ARE QUICK, EASY, AND ELEGANT ...
- Mussels With Chorizo and Tomatoes on Toast. Topping fried bread with brothy mussels, beans, and tomatoes turns it into a hearty knife-and-fork dinner. It's a truly satisfying mussels recipe that uses just a little bit of highly-flavorful Spanish chorizo for deep flavor.
- Mussels in Light Broth. These mussels from chef Asha Gomez are steamed in a tomato-based rasam that's scented with cumin, asafoetida, ginger, and garlic.
- Mussels With White Wine. Start with some onions, garlic, tomato paste, and white wine, add debearded, scrubbed mussels, and you'll be ready for dinner in a jiffy.
- Cioppino Seafood Stew With Gremolata Toasts. This fragrant seafood stew features mussels alongside littleneck clams, shrimp, and your choice of flaky white fish.
- Beer-Steamed Mussels with Chorizo. Add a green salad, and dinner’s on the table in less than half an hour. Get This Recipe.
- Shellfish Boil with Spicy Green Dipping Sauce. With a mega-flame and a gargantuan pot, you can cook an ocean's worth of seafood in a fraction of the time it would take on the stovetop—without stepping foot in a steamy kitchen.
- Mussels with Fennel and Lovage. If you're looking to get a little more ambitious with your mussels game, look to this method with verjus (a tart bottled juice made from unripe grapes) and lovage, a leafy herb that looks and tastes similar to celery leaves.
- Sheet-Pan Paella with Chorizo, Mussels, and Shrimp. Lose the paella pan: with a sheet pan as a DIY steamer, this classic Spanish dish comes together in a snap.
- Summer Tomato Bouillabaisse with Basil Rouille. Briny clams or cockles and mussels give this quick bouillabaisse its depth of flavor. The basil rouille (a garlicky Provençal mayonnaise) adds vibrance to the dish.
- Mussels with Spicy Tomato Oil and Grilled Bread. Mussels steam in the same saucepan as chili-and-fennel-spiced tomato sauce in this effortless supper. Get This Recipe.
CURRIED MUSSELS RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
2020-04-10 · Add the chopped onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and coriander stalks, and sauté until soft. Stir in the ground coriander and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and bring to a ...
CURRIED MUSSEL PIE - THE BERMUDIAN MAGAZINE
2021-06-17 · Curried Mussel Pie. June 17, 2021. Bermudians love some mussel pie at Cup Match and any time of the year. The local custom is to have the lid of the hot pie sliced open and a dollop of mayonnaise inserted. For the Pie Filling: 1/4 bushel of small mussels, scrubbed 2 lbs potatoes, cut in small dice 2 medium onions, chopped fine 2 tbs fresh thyme 1 tbs parsley, minced 2 tbs curry powder …
BAKED CURRIED MUSSELS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2020-06-03 · Baked Curried Mussels. serves 35; Elizabeth Baird Canadian Living Cooks. Print Recipe . 2 Ratings. Directions for: Baked Curried Mussels Ingredients. 2 lb(s) mussel. 1 1 inch piece ginger, root, thinly sliced. 1 Tbsp vegetable oil . ½ onion, finely, chopped. 1 clove garlic, minced. ¼ sweet red pepper, finely, diced. 2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander. 2 tsp curry paste. 1 tsp lime, juice. 2 Tbsp ...
CURRIED MUSSELS | METRO
2013-08-06 · In a large stock pot, brown in oil and butter the onions, fruit, curry and cumin, over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Raise the heat, pour the white wine, add the mussels and cook covered until all the mussels open, stirring often for even cooking.
CURRIED MUSSELS | MUSSELS RECIPE, CURRY MUSSELS RECIPE ...
Find more recipes like Curried Mussels. Dec 31, 2013 - Looking for Fast & Easy Main Dish Recipes, Seafood Recipes! Recipechart has over 5,000 free recipes for you to browse. Find more recipes like Curried Mussels. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures ...
See details ››
CURRIED MUSSELS APPETIZER - RECIPE FOR CURRIED MUSSELS
Recipe for Curried Mussels Appetizer. Makes 36 - 48, using medium-size mussels. For steamed mussels: 1/2 cup white wine; 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and de-bearded; Curry sauce ingredients: 2 cups sour cream; 1 scallion, finely chopped (both green and white parts) 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard; 1 teaspoon curry powder ; 1/2 teaspoon paprika; cayenne, to taste; salt, to taste; Put the mussels into …
See details ››
COCONUT CURRY MUSSELS | RECIPES | LEE KUM KEE HOME | USA
Recipes; Coconut Curry Mussels; Copied to Clipboard! BACK TO . Coconut Curry Mussels. Difficulty. Serves. Preparation. 15 mins. Cooking. 15 mins. 30 minutes Asian Food Seafood Dinner Lunch Easy Recipes. What You Will Need. Ingredients. 2 lbs. mussels, scrubbed and cleaned ; 1 cup frozen peas, thawed; lime wedges, for serving; Sauce Mix. 1 tsp. olive oil; 2 garlic cloves, minced; 1 (14 oz.) can ...
See details ››