GRILLED SHRIMP AND POLENTA
This play on shrimp and grits uses store-bought polenta, because the last thing you want to do when it's hot is stand over a pot of steaming cornmeal. The shrimp, polenta, and grape tomatoes all grill together in just a few minutes and then get topped with a spicy butter that melts into a luscious sauce for the hot shrimp.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Zest the lemon into a mixing bowl and add the butter, hot sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. Gently stir in half of the parsley, reserving the remaining parsley for garnish. Cut the zested lemon into wedges and reserve.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan or for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grates. Thread the tomatoes on the skewers, about 7 tomatoes per skewer. (If using wooden skewers, leave just 1/2 inch of the skewer sticking out on each end so you do not have to soak them). Brush 1 tablespoon of the oil on the tomatoes and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the polenta rounds with 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the skewered tomatoes on the hot grill and cook, turning occasionally, until they are lightly charred in spots and have started to burst, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the polenta on the grill and cook until lightly charred with distinct grill marks, about 5 minutes per side, flipping once using a flat metal spatula. (Be careful not to flip the polenta too early because it will stick to the grill if it is not ready.) Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred in spots on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- By this time, the grape tomatoes should be ready to take off the grill as well. Carefully remove the tomatoes from the skewers and place directly into a small bowl. Use the back of a pair of tongs or a spoon to lightly smash the tomatoes so that they release their juices.
- Place 3 pieces of polenta on each plate. In the center of the polenta, spoon a quarter of the tomatoes along with their juices, one quarter of the shrimp and a large dollop of the reserved butter mixture (if it doesn't melt, touch the business end of a pair of tongs to the grill, and then to the butter to finish melting). Garnish with the reserved parsley and wedges of lemon for squeezing on top of each serving.
- Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
CHEF JOHN'S DEVILED SHRIMP RAGU
This subtly sweet, fairly fiery shrimp ragu served over my creamy corn custard would make a fantastic first course for any dinner, and it's certainly rich enough to be enjoyed as a entree. You can also pour this over rice or noodles with complete confidence.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place shrimp shells into a saucepan with bay leaf and 1 pinch of smoked paprika over medium-low heat; cook and stir shells until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Pour in water, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer shrimp stock for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, ketchup, brown sugar, ground chipotle pepper, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic, 1 pinch of salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Strain shrimp stock into a bowl; discard shells and bay leaf. Whisk shrimp stock into ketchup mixture and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until small wisps of smoke rise from the skillet. Cook shrimp in the hot oil until bottom sides of shrimp are seared and browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp stock mixture and cook until shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving sauce in skillet.
- Bring sauce to a boil and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cold butter, turn off heat, and let residual heat of pan melt butter. Stir until butter has incorporated into sauce and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir shrimp into sauce and toss with chives. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 93.9 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 269.7 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
CURRIED SHRIMP AU GRATIN
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, and cook the onion and celery over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the flour, salt, and curry powder until smooth; let cook for a minute or two. Gradually whisk in the milk, and bring almost to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese; whisk until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Spread the cooked rice out into the prepared baking dish, and top with the cooked shrimp in an even layer. Cover the shrimp with the cheese sauce; push the tines of a fork all over the casserole between the shrimp to allow the sauce to soak into the rice. Top the casserole with the remaining Cheddar cheese, and garnish with paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46.7 g, Cholesterol 189.1 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 763.1 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
VEGAN POLENTA WITH RAGU
Benvenuto, meatless Monday! This is a vegan adaptation of traditional Italian creamy polenta and thick ragu full of vegetable proteins. Bake leftover polenta slices and top with any leftover ragu for bite-sized appetizers.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine boiling water and lentils in a bowl and set aside for 1 hour. Combine texturized vegetable protein and broth in a separate bowl and set aside until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a stew pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, and hot pepper. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add drained lentils and undrained texturized vegetable protein. Stir and add oregano and bay leaf. Add red wine and continue stirring, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Stir and simmer ragu until thickened and lentils are soft, 5 to 10 minutes; add a bit more water if needed.
- Bring vegetable broth, water, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle polenta into the water, stirring constantly to ensure there are no lumps. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Add vegan butter, stirring constantly.
- Distribute polenta evenly among 4 pasta bowls. Remove bay leaf from ragu and discard. Top each bowl with equal amounts of ragu. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon vegan white cheese over each bowl and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714.6 calories, Carbohydrate 77.3 g, Cholesterol 3.3 mg, Fat 25.1 g, Fiber 23 g, Protein 44.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 1981.1 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
SHRIMP & POLENTA ITALIAN BOWL #RAGU
Ragú® Recipe Contest Entry. This is the perfect family meal it's hardy and packed with flavors the Ragu chunky mushroom sauce is the perfect base for the cheesy and creamy polenta with cilantro sautéed jumbo shrimp top with crispy bacon.
Provided by joseel
Yield 5 , 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut bacon into ¼ inch cubes add to a deep medium non-stick pan sauté on medium high heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon place on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Discard bacon fat from pan reserving 1 tablespoon add shrimp and cilantro to bacon fat and sauté on medium high until shrimp turn pink remove shrimp and set aside to the same pan add Raju sauce stir to pick up the flavors of bacon fat and cilantro reduce heat to medium cover and let it warm up.
- While sauce is warming up in a medium pan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil, and gradually stir in polenta. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently to prevent sticking until mixture thicken and is creamy add butter and cheese mix until well incorporated.
- To serve add ½ cup sauce to 5 bowls top each with equal amount of polenta, 3 shrimp each and sprinkle with equal amount of cooked bacon you may garnish with additional cilantro serve immediately.
CREAMY POLENTA AND GARLIC LEMON SHRIMP #RAGU
- Combine the Ragu Sauce, garlic cloves and ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, (without draining the oil as you spoon it out of the jar), in the bowl of a food processor and process for several seconds. The mixture won't be completely smooth but the tomato pieces should be very fine and the garlic completely blended inches Reserve until complete with the polenta and shrimp portion of this meal.
- To prepare the polenta: Combine the polenta, stock, water, sage and herbs in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it boils, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the polenta starts to separate from the sides of the pan, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the butter, parmesan and goat cheeses and cheese two minutes until the butter and cheese have melted and been incorporated into the polenta. Transfer the cooked polenta to four serving dishes.
- To prepare the shrimps: Marinate in lemon juice and salt for a few minutes before cooking. Cook the shrimps in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just pink.
- To finish off the sauce: Transfer the sauce mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Add a pinch of sugar as you heat the to give the sauce a nice balance.
- Turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Spoon the sauce over the warmed, cooked polenta, top with shrimps and garnish with fresh arugula.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.8, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 1272.2, Carbohydrate 45, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 6.3, Protein 29.2
SAUTEED SHRIMP OVER POLENTA
- Heat 2 cups chicken stock and half-and-half until nearly boiling. Add polenta and stir constantly until no clumps remain, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until tender and thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. Add additional stock or water if polenta is too thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, oregano, thyme, and ancho chile powder. Simmer until vegetables reach desired texture, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir Parmesan cheese into the polenta. Add shrimp to the vegetable mixture; cook until pink and heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Spoon polenta onto serving plates and top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Carbohydrate 42.5 g, Cholesterol 142.6 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 25.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1165.7 mg, Sugar 8 g
CURRIED CRAB AND SHRIMP PASTA
My good friend Gabbi, who's from India, and I were trying to create a fusion dish with curry and pasta. This is what we came up with. Those of you who love curry will particularly enjoy this sublime sauce.
Provided by IrvineHousewife
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup parsley; cook until onion is tender and has turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder. Add shrimp and crabmeat. Cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in cream, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546.6 calories, Carbohydrate 44.6 g, Cholesterol 189.7 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 19.6 g, Sodium 484.8 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
This is a curried dish that is made from coriander and cumin as the curry. Substitute curry powder if you are unable to get these spices. It also uses hot fresh peppers which can be either red or green, jalapeno or serrano. This goes great with Saffron Rice.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Peel and devein shrimp. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno pepper and saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, about 3 more minutes. Season with cardamom and cumin and stir. Add in the lime juice, sour cream, and yogurt. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.3, Fat 21.9, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 303.8, Sodium 339.2, Carbohydrate 9.4, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2.7, Protein 37.9
- Have the spaghetti ready.
- In lg skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, milk,juice, and honey.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water; add to pan, stirring.
- Reduce heat;add shrimp, cook on med for 5 minutes.
- Put spaghetti on plate; spoon sauce over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.9, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 115.8, Sodium 509.3, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 7, Protein 17.1
CURRIED SHRIMP AND POLENTA #RAGU
Ragú® Recipe Contest Entry. A fusion of Italian and Middle Eastern flavors and ingredients utilizing Ragu Spicy Italian Style Sauce
Provided by Erin C.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place water and milk in a large pot on high, cook till boiling.
- When boiling add the salt and polenta and whisk for five minutes.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- When polenta has finished cooking, pour onto a cutting board to cool. When it is cooled, cut into rectangles. Add olive oil to a frying pan and crisp the polenta on both sides. You will need to let it cook for about five minutes on each side. When finished cooking on both sides remove from the hear and plate the polenta.
- Cook bacon in a sauce pan, when finish remove from pan and shop into fine pieces.
- Add garbanzo beans to the saucepan and cook in the bacon drippings for two minutes.
- Add jar of Ragu Spicy Italian Sauce and bring to a simmer.
- In a frying pan heat olive oil on low heat.
- After two minutes add the shrimp and season with salt and curry powder.
- Cook the shrimp for a several minutes on each side, till it turns pink.
- Finish the dish by pouring sauce over the fried polenta and topping with the cooked shrimp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516.7, Fat 29.4, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 42, Sodium 2774.6, Carbohydrate 51.9, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 0.3, Protein 13.3
More about "curried shrimp and polenta ragu recipes"
SPICY SHRIMP OVER CREAMY POLENTA - NUTMEG NANNY
POLENTA RAGU CASSEROLE RECIPE - PUREWOW
SHRIMP AND PEPPERS ON CREAMY POLENTA - DELICIOUSLY …
EASY SHRIMP AND GRITS (POLENTA) - EMPTY NEST EATS
BARBECUE SHRIMP OVER AGED CHEDDAR POLENTA - AMEE'S …
POLENTA AND SHRIMP, A MARRIAGE OF LAND AND SEA - THE …
SHRIMP OVER CREAMY POLENTA - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - LINDA\'S ITALIAN TABLE
10 BEST SHRIMP WITH POLENTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH CREAMY POLENTA RECIPE-HOW …
SPICY SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA - DELISH
VERY SOFT POLENTA WITH ROCK SHRIMP RAGOUT RECIPE - FOOD …
5/5 Total Time 25 minsServings 8
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil with the sugar. Whisk in the polenta in a thin stream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt. Press a piece of parchment or wax paper directly onto the surface of the polenta and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the scallions and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and 1/4 cup of water and simmer over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Add the shrimp and simmer, stirring, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Rewarm the polenta over moderately high heat, whisking constantly. Spoon a pool of polenta in the center of 8 shallow bowls. Spoon the shrimp and sauce over and around the polenta and serve right away.
SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA - UTAH STORIES
JALAPEñO LEMON BUTTER SHRIMP ON POLENTA - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
10 BEST PASTA SHRIMP WITH RAGU SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE AFFAIR
SPICY CHORIZO AND SHRIMP WITH POLENTA - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
CURRIED SHRIMP AND POLENTA RAGU RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST SHRIMP WITH POLENTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP RAGU RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST SHRIMP AND POLENTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND POLENTA
EASY MUSHROOM RAGU - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
SHRIMP & POLENTA ITALIAN BOWL #RAGU - PLAIN.RECIPES
EASY CAJUN SHRIMP WITH CREAMY PARMESAN POLENTA - THE BUSY BAKER
SHRIMP & POLENTA RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CURRIED RAGU - CHILLIESNSPICEANDALLTHINGSRICE
CREAMY POLENTA WITH LEMON SHRIMP AND ARTICHOKES - CASUAL FOODIST
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - DELICIOUS WEEKNIGHT DINNER - COOKTHESTORY
POLENTA SQUARES WITH MUSHROOM RAGU - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
RECIPE: SHAHIR'S SURF AND TURF WITH CURRIED POLENTA | CBC LIFE
TOMATO-BASIL SHRIMP AND POLENTA - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
21 BEST SHRIMP AND POLENTA IDEAS | POLENTA, COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES
MUSHROOM RAGù WITH POLENTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN-STYLE "SHRIMP AND GRITS" WITH POLENTA - TASTE
CHEESY POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP - ENJOY LIFE INSPIRED
WEST INDIAN SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA - SWEET & SORREL
CREAMY POLENTA WITH MUSHROOM RAGU - VEGAN HUGGS
You'll also love