CURRIED CHICKEN QUINOA
- In a large mug or small bowl, combine the onion, carrot, celery and oil. Microwave until the vegetables are tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken, quinoa, curry powder, turmeric and salt to taste and microwave until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Sprinkle with cilantro if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361 calorie, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Sodium 173 milligrams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 33 grams
CURRIED CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES
This chicken and sweet potato dish is a delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors. I like to add a bit more spice. Make sure to keep the sweet potato chunks large so they keep their integrity over the long cooking time. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle chicken with curry powder, garlic and salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Place sweet potatoes and onion in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add drained pineapple, preserves and soy sauce to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours, until chicken and potatoes are tender., In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high , 20-25 minutes, until sauce is thickened. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 352mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES AND COCONUT MILK
I used to think the only reason to buy a whole chicken was to actually cook it whole. Why buy one for a recipe calling for parts when the supermarket will cut up the bird for you? Then one day my mother set me straight. It's one thing to buy a package of thighs or drumsticks when you need a specific part, but you might as well cut up your own bird if you need a variety. You can use your cut-up chicken to make this ginger-and-lime-scented curry with coconut milk, sweet potatoes and chiles. Or substitute your favorite part, be it wings or legs or bone-in breasts. The bright, spicy and gently sweet flavors work well with any pieces of fowl in the pot. When the chicken in this recipe is nearly done braising, you can fry up the liver, then coat it in some of the luscious sauce. If your mother is anything like mine, she'd be proud.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil. Brown chicken pieces, in batches if necessary, until golden all over, 6 to 8 minutes per batch. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Stir scallion, ginger, garlic and chiles into pot and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and sweet potatoes. Arrange chicken pieces on top of potatoes, placing breast meat on top. Pour in enough water to come halfway up the sides of chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover pot and transfer to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large dry skillet over medium heat, toast coconut flakes until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mustard seeds and toast until they begin to pop, 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
- Transfer chicken and sweet potatoes to a platter. Return Dutch oven to the stove and simmer over medium-high heat until cooking liquid has thickened to a saucelike consistency, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with the coconut and mustard seed mixture and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1067, UnsaturatedFat 35 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 83 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 56 grams, SaturatedFat 42 grams, Sodium 1476 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CURRY CHICKEN WITH QUINOA AND SWEET POTATOES
- Heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until chicken is no longer pink. Add quinoa; cook and stir 1 min.
- Add broth, potatoes and curry powder; stir. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 18 to 20 min. or until chicken is done, quinoa and potatoes are tender and broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 36 g
QUINOA AND SWEET POTATO VEGGIE CURRY
Super healthy, colourful, quick heart warming dish which can have meat or seafood added to it if you fancy.
Provided by kiwileng
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat a large pan of olive oil and add in the chopped garlic, onions, ground coriander and ground cumin. Stir in the oil until you can smell the aroma and the garlic and onions have turned golden.
- Add the chopped peppers and mushrooms -- continue to add further seasoning as required to taste. If you wish to add chicken or prawns, now would be a good time! Add paprika to taste.
- In another pot, boil the sweet potato in salted water until tender/soft. Add to the large pan.
- Whilst heating and mixing up the main ingredients, in another pot, pour in 1 cup of quinoa, with 1 and a half cups of water. Add vegetable stock and leave to cook for 10 mins. Once cooked, drain and leave to cool.
- In a separate serving bowl, add in your salad/spinach (washed), cooked quinoa, diced up avocados, and your large pan of ingredients which should have cooked through. The sweet potato would make a thick curry-esque sauce. Pour everything over the quinoa and salad/spinach and mix it all up. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh coriander. Additionally, you can add humous to the side of your plate.
CURRY CHICKEN TENDERLOIN WITH SWEET POTATOES
Gloria Bradley writes from Naperville, Illinois, "What I love about this recipe is the luscious, fragrant sauce and the addition of sweet potatoes, which are a favorite of mine."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, green pepper, shallots, ginger, curry and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the broth, lime juice, sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened., Add sweet potato and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potato is tender. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts and coconut and serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 355mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
CHICKEN & SWEET POTATO CURRY
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 mins until softened. Increase the heat slightly, add the chicken pieces and brown.
- Stir in the curry paste and garlic, cooking for 2 mins before adding 100ml water, the sweet potatoes and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 20-30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potato is tender - add a splash more water if it starts to look dry. Season to taste and add the spinach, removing the pan from the heat and stirring until the spinach has wilted. Serve with basmati rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 35 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 26 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN AND SWEET-POTATO CURRY
You can make this as mild or as spicy as you like by adjusting the spices to your liking. We like it on the spicier side with plenty of ginger.
Provided by Jim W
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a food processor combine onions, ginger, garlic, curry powder,chili paste and 1/3 cup chicken broth, blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven (approximately 5-quart pot) sauté onion mixture, stirring frequently until just starting to change color.
- Add sweet potatoes, okra and 1 Cup of chicken broth with 2 cups coconut milk. Bring to just where you start to see bubbles, reduce to a medium/low heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender,9 to 12 minutes. Stir in chicken strips, cook until just opaque throughout, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 763.4, Fat 49.8, SaturatedFat 28.9, Cholesterol 109, Sodium 477, Carbohydrate 38.7, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 16.7, Protein 44.3
YELLOW CURRY CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, bring 1/2 cup of coconut milk to a boil.
- Add yellow curry paste and simmer until paste is dissolved and fragrant.
- Add remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and sweet potatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and scallions. Stir together with other ingredients, coating well with the curry mixture.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 678.6, Fat 26.9, SaturatedFat 18.5, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 531.4, Carbohydrate 82.8, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 60.8, Protein 27.7
More about "curry chicken with quinoa and sweet potatoes recipes"
SWEET POTATO, CHICKEN, AND SPINACH CURRY WITH QUINOA
Reviews 1Category Main CourseCuisine IndianTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Melt the ghee in the pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken pieces in the melted ghee until cooked almost all the way through, about 8 minutes. Add the onion and sauté until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes, chicken broth, kosher salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost soft, about 30 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook about 5 more minutes. Serve in bowls with the quinoa, a dollop of low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt, and cilantro leaves.
SWEET POTATO CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (80)Calories 196 per servingServings 7
CHICKEN SWEET POTATO CURRY – MODERN HONEY
EASY CURRIED QUINOA AND SWEET POTATO - RUNNING ON …
10 BEST SWEET CURRY CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
HARVEST QUINOA BOWLS WITH CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES
CHICKEN SWEET POTATO CURRY (HIGH PROTEIN ONE POT MEAL)
CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - ARCHANA'S …
CHICKEN & SWEET POTATO CURRY - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
ONE POT COCONUT CURRY QUINOA LENTIL & SWEET POTATOES
CURRIED CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO QUINOA POWER BOWL
15 CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SWEET POTATO CURRY WITH CHICKEN | SIMONE'S KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATO CHICKEN CURRY - THE REAL FOOD DIETITIANS
SWEET POTATO & CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES - A MEAL IN MIND
QUINOA CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | I CAN COOK THAT
THAI CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
EASY CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK
8 SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPES INSPIRED BY WORLD CUISINES
COCONUT CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY - LEELALICIOUS
ONE-POT CURRY CHICKEN, QUINOA & CAULIFLOWER - COOKIN CANUCK
10 BEST CURRY CHICKEN QUINOA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SUGARROTI CHICKEN, QUINOA & SWEET POTATO RECIPE
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY - HUNGRY HEALTHY …
THE BEST SUPER QUICK CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATOES & CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
TRAYBAKE RECIPES: 3 EASY ASIAN-INSPIRED ONE PAN MEALS
SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATO CHICKEN CURRY | ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!
SWEET POTATO QUINOA CURRY - UH-OH IT'S VEGAN!
CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
2022-06-09 | GISELLE REIMER - 5 INGREDIENT RECIPE CLUB
CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY - VIKALINKA
CURRY CHICKEN–AND–SWEET POTATO GALETTE | FOOD & WINE
QUINOA CHICKEN SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
EASY ONE-POT CHICKEN FUSILLI RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
SWEET POTATO CURRY - DETOXINISTA - QUINOA RECIPE
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES
CHICKEN, QUINOA & SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do I make a chicken and sweet potato curry?Throw in the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes Pour in the can of diced tomato and half the coconut milk Then add the sweet potato and a dash of water and simmer for 30 minutes Stir in the rest of the coconut milk, season and serve with rice Is that easy or is that EASY?!!
How to cook quinoa with sweet potatoes?Directions Put the quinoa in a bowl and cover with water; drain. Repeat twice; drain well. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and garlic and cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add the sweet potato mixture to the quinoa, then add the cilantro and lime juice and toss; season with salt.
How to cook chicken thighs with sweet potatoes?Over a medium heat fry your chicken thighs until browned on both sides. Return onion mixture to the pan along with turmeric, cumin, coriander, sweet potato, coconut milk and 200ml of water. Mix well to combine and cook at a gentle simmer for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
How to make sweet potato and onion curry?Return onion mixture to the pan along with turmeric, cumin, coriander, sweet potato, coconut milk and 200ml of water. Mix well to combine and cook at a gentle simmer for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Before serving squeeze in the juice of one lime, chopped coriander and season with salt.Serve with brown rice and steamed Bok Choi.