Ganache is a mixture of cream, or butter, and chocolate. Ganache can be made thick enough to use as a truffle filling or thin enough to use as a glaze. A 'thin' Ganache can be melted to use as a glaze or whipped, and used as a filling for cakes. Use the best quality chocolate you can find.
Provided by CCACHEF
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a large stainless steel bowl.
- In a large, high sided saucepan, heat cream over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until it starts to boil. At this point, the cream will want to boil over, so keep an eye on it! Immediately remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely and then store in refrigerator. Ganache can be reheated in a stainless steel bowl over hot, but not boiling, water.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 42.3 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 13.1 mg, Sugar 16.1 g
This smooth, satin chocolate ganache recipe will bring a touch of elegance to even the most basic cake. A simple garnish, like fresh fruit, adds the finishing touch. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth., For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Let stand until set., For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 calories, Fat 11g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 8mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
This ganache recipe (which can easily be multiplied) is the base for Apricot and Ganache Tartlets, Chocolate Cakes with Ganache Glaze, Mini Chocolate Whoopie Pies, Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Ganache, and Peanut Butter Truffles. For step-by-step photos, see our handy 101.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Coarsely chop chocolate. A serrated knife is best for the job; its sawlike teeth grab the chocolate, breaking it up.
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over chocolate, and add salt. Let stand for 10 minutes (don't stir -- doing so will cool the ganache too quickly, making it grainy).
- Stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny to break up any pieces and emulsify cream and chocolate.
- Chocolate will often settle on the bottom or sides of the bowl. Scrape the dish with a rubber spatula to incorporate all of it.
- To make a whipped filling or frosting: Let ganache cool to room temperature, stirring often, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Beat it with a mixer on medium-high speed until paler and fluffy, 2 to 4 minutes. (This will yield about 2 cups.) Transfer to a disposable pastry bag with a large opening and use it as a filling for mini whoopie pies or spread it over cupcakes.
Chocolate ganache is versatile enough to be a filling or a frosting, depending on how you prepare it. Try this chocolate ganache recipe as a filling for French Macarons. Use the ganache immediately to ensure a smooth chocolaty spread.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 3/4 cup ganache
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour cream over chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let stand for 2 minutes. Add butter, then whisk mixture until smooth. Let cool, stirring often. Use immediately.
- Cook the chocolate chips, heavy cream, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
Alton Brown's recipe for two-ingredient chocolate Ganache Frosting from Food Network is decadent yet easy and the perfect topping to cakes, cupcakes and more.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield approximately 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place the chopped chocolate into the bowl of a food processor.
- Heat the heavy cream in a quart-sized, microwavable container and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on high, or until it just begins to simmer; be careful not to allow cream to boil over. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes. Process by pulsing several times until chocolate mixture is smooth. Use as is for glazing. If you wish to make a lighter frosting, allow it to come to room temperature, approximately 2 hours. Once at room temperature, place in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, boil heavy cream. Turn off the heat. Add chopped chocolate pieces and let it rest until melted. Use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture until all the pieces are melted.
- 2. Pour it into a room-temperature bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the ganache until firm.
- Note: For White Chocolate Ganache, substitute white chocolate for semisweet or bittersweet dark chocolate.
- Storage: Store the icing in an airtight container and refrigerate. The icing will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups (800 g)
Ice your favourite cakes and bakes with this decadent ganache. A blend of dark chocolate, sugar and double cream, it's a heavenly combination
Provided by Esther Clark
Yield Makes enough to ice one cake/about 500g
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Pour the cream into a saucepan with the sugar and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously until the sugar is melted. Bring to the boil, then quickly remove from the heat, pour over the chocolate and whisk until smooth and glossy. Use straight away or leave to cool down a little until thick enough to spread on a cake. Alternatively, leave to cool completely, then beat with an electric whisk until light and fluffy and spread on a cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.08 milligram of sodium
- Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick, then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Cholesterol 21.1 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 6.5 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
More about "ganache recipes"
CHOCOLATE GANACHE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 10 minsServings 2.5Calories 170 per serving
- Heat the cream and corn syrup in a saucepan or in the microwave, until the mixture begins to steam., Pour over the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir — at first slowly, then more vigorously — until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Flavor to taste (see "tips," below), if desired., Use ganache while the chocolate is still warm, but has begun to thicken.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE (EASY RECIPE) - SALLY'S ...
4.8/5 (61)Category Dessert
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer. (Do not let it come to a rapid boil– that’s too hot!) Pour over chocolate, then let it sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
- With a metal spoon or small rubber spatula, very slowly stir until completely combined and chocolate has melted. The finer you chopped the chocolate, the quicker it will melt with the cream. If it’s not melting, do not microwave it. See Troubleshooting Chocolate Ganache in blog post above.
- Ganache can be ready to use as a drizzle or you can let it sit at room temperature to cool and thicken. It will fully cool within 2 hours. Refrigerating speeds this up, but the ganache will not cool evenly. Stir it a few times as it sets in the refrigerator so it remains even and smooth.
- Once completely cool and thick, the ganache can be piped with a piping tip or scooped with a spoon. You can also beat the cooled thickened ganache with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until light in color and texture, about 4 minutes on medium-high speed.
PERFECT CHOCOLATE GANACHE + HOW TO GLAZE A CAKE!
4.9/5 (129)Category EasyCuisine $4-$5Total Time 20 mins
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top, stirring occasionally. Just as soon as you see a simmer, remove from heat and poor over chocolate chips, swirling the bowl to make sure all chips are covered.
- Place cake on a wire rack over a rimmed platter or rimmed baking sheet. Pour your ganache evenly over the top of your cake until desired coverage is reached. You can lift up the wire rack and re-use the chocolate ganache that drips onto the platter.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING RECIPE | OUR WABI SABI LIFE
3/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
GANACHE RECIPES - GLAZE, FILLING AND FROSTING! - ADD A PINCH
4.9/5 (15)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 240 per serving
- Add heavy cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat on low heat until the butter has melted and the cream is warmed throughout.
- Add chocolate chips to a large glass or nonreactive bowl. Pour the warmed cream and butter mixture over the chocolate chips. Add in the brewed coffee and a pinch of salt. Allow to stand for about 3-5 minutes to soften the chocolate chips completely.
EASY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 15 minsCategory Gift, SweetCalories 83 per serving
- Place chocolate, cream and butter in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high for 4 x 30 second bursts, stirring in between.
- Cover bowl with a plate and stand for 5 minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth (this is a ganache!)
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Do not be tempted to shortcut it by freezing it! (Note 2)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE | EASY CHOCOLATE GANACHE RECIPE 2 ...
5/5 (13)Total Time 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 3154 per serving
- 2. Add the heavy whipping cream to a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and heat for about 1 minute, keeping an eye on it. If it heats up too much, it’ll end up everywhere. Remove from the microwave just before it bubbles up.
- . Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. You can cover the bowl with some clear wrap to trap in the heat, if you like.
- . Gently stir the cream and chocolate together until they come together to a smooth consistency. Try not to whisk too vigorously, which can add air bubbles to the ganache.
PERFECT CHOCOLATE GANACHE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.5/5 (61)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 1Total Time 10 mins
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer and bubbles are just starting to form around the edges of the pan.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Bring to room temperature before using.
GANACHE | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
2.8/5 (38)Category DessertCuisine BakingTotal Time 10 mins
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY CHOCOLATE GANACHE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE GANACHE ...
4.9/5 (38)Category DessertServings 1.5Total Time 8 mins
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE | BBC GOOD FOOD
15 AMAZING THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GANACHE | RICARDO
5/5 (27)Category DessertsServings 3Total Time 13 mins
GANACHE | RICARDO
Servings 3Total Time 13 minsCategory Desserts
VEGAN GANACHE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Ratings 138Calories 332 per servingCategory Dessert, Sauces, Condiment, Sauce
10 BEST GANACHE FLAVORS RECIPES | YUMMLY
19 GANACHE RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | GANACHE RECIPE, GANACHE ...
DISCOVER GANACHE RECIPE 'S POPULAR VIDEOS | TIKTOK
GANACHE RECIPES - VEENA AZMANOV
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #american #easy #cakes #chocolate #dietary #low-sodium #cake-fillings-and-frostings #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #taste-mood #sweet #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best chocolate ganache recipe?Chocolate ganache is a 2 ingredient recipe with virtually endless uses. For the best tasting ganache, I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate. Chocolate ganache is a 1:1 mixture of chocolate and warm cream. Stirred until smooth, silky, and shiny, ganache is a staple in any baker’s kitchen.
What is ganache and how is it made?The process of making a ganache involves heating cream and mixing it with finely chopped chocolate to create a glossy mixture, perfect for topping rich chocolate cakes or turning into decadent hand-rolled truffles.
How do you make ganache with coffee?Pour the warmed cream and butter mixture over the chocolate chips. Add in the brewed coffee and a pinch of salt. Allow to stand for about 3-5 minutes to soften the chocolate chips completely. Stir briskly to combine and until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Ganache will easily pour over cake or other item.
How do you make ganache filling for cookies?Two parts chocolate to one part cream, along with butter and any additional flavorings desired. Slightly thicker than the glaze, you’ll use this recipe for adding a layer of ganache between two layers of cake, the base of truffles, or filling pastries. I use this ganache filling in my Chocolate Ganache Cookies recipe.