WALNUT PASTRY ROLLS
These are really tasty served warm with a little bit of butter spread on top, and they reheat well. The rolls are great plain or frosted for some extra sweetness. -Diane Turner, Brunswick, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 rolls (15 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup evaporated milk until mixture comes to a boil. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in walnuts and honey. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into walnut mixture. Cover and refrigerate filling at least 2 hours. , For dough, in a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, salt and remaining sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add the yeast mixture, egg yolks and remaining evaporated milk; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough., Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Turn onto a floured surface. Punch dough down; divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 15x11-in. rectangle. Spread walnut filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes., Preheat oven to 350°. Brush 2 tablespoons milk over tops and sides of rolls. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks., Combine confectioners' sugar and enough remaining milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 60mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
WALNUT PASTRY DOUGH
This recipe was created to prepare [Dried-Fruit Tart with Brandied Crème Anglaise](/recipes/food/views/14470) .
Yield Makes enough dough for an 8- to 10-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut butter into pieces and soften to cool room temperature. In a food processor pulse walnuts until finely ground. Add confectioners' sugar, flour, and salt and pulse until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add butter.
- With your fingertips or a pastry blender blend together flour mixture and butter until most of mixture resembles coarse meal with remainder in small (roughly pea-size) lumps. Stir together yolk and ice water and add to mixture. With a fork toss mixture until liquid is incorporated. Gently form mixture into a ball and on a lightly floured surface smear dough in 3 or 4 forward motions with heel of hand to help distribute fat and make dough easier to work with. Form dough into a ball and flatten to form a disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, 1 hour, or until firm but not hard. (Dough may be covered and chilled 1 day ahead or frozen 1 month.)
CZECH PASTRY CALL KOLACKY
A kolacky is a small dinner roll-like pastry which is folded, enclosing filling in the center. The most common fillings include prune, poppyseed, apricot, apple, blueberry and raspberry. both open-faced and closed-face kolackys were made in Czechoslovakia. the closed kolacky came into being because the fruit in the open-faced buns would get all over the working man's lunch bucket. The men had their wives fold over the pastry so it wouldn't mess up the other things in the lunch bucket. This is a old recipe from my grandmother who came from Prague Czechoslovakian at the turn of the 20th century.
Provided by hjunkman
Yield 48 Kolacky, 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Let butter and cream cheese soften in a bowl.
- When very soft mix together.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Add flour last and mix by hand. To get dough to the consistency of pie dough.
- Put the dough in wax paper in the refrigerator overnight.
- If you want to bake it today leave the dough in the refrigerator at least for 3 hours.
- Then take it out and divide it into 3 parts.
- Take 1 part of the dough and put it on a floured table. Flatten the dough to a 1/8 of inch thick.
- Then take a small juice glass and cut round circle in the dough. (Put some flour on the rim of the glass if the dough starts to stick). Take your thumb and make a dent in the middle of the dough. Fill it with apricot or any jam.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573.5, Fat 33.3, SaturatedFat 20.9, Cholesterol 92.2, Sodium 344.6, Carbohydrate 66.4, Fiber 1, Sugar 25.4, Protein 6
More about "czech walnut pastries recipe 395"
SEPHARDIC PASSOVER WALNUT CAKE - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
FLAKY DATE-WALNUT PASTRY RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CZECK WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
WALNUT PASTRY CRUST - PINT SIZED BAKER
CZECH RECIPES, CZECH REPUBLIC FOOD, CZECH DESSERTS - PRAGUEWISE
CZECHOSLOVAKIAN COOKIES | FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPES - UGLY …
50 CRUNCHY WALNUT RECIPES FOR THE SERIOUSLY NUTTY - TASTE OF HOME
TRDELNIK RECIPE (CZECH WALNUT CINNAMON PASTRY) | CHEESE …
PASTRY WITH WALNUTS - 489 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CZECH BARS WITH JAM AND WALNUTS - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
WALNUT FILLED PERSIAN PASTRY - QOTTAB - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
CINNAMON WALNUT BREAKFAST PASTRIES - DIAMOND NUTS
CZECH WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE | RECIPE | CZECH RECIPES, SLOVAK …
CZECH WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, CZECH RECIPES, …
KREMROLE - TRADITIONAL CZECH PASTRY RECIPE - 196 FLAVORS
WALNUT DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEIGLI - TRADITIONAL HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS - WHERE IS MY SPOON
CZECH WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE | RECIPE | PASTRY RECIPES, PASTRY, …
WALNUT-FILLED, CRESCENT -SHAPED PASTRIES (SKALTSOUNIA ... - MY GREEK …
THE SHORTEST-EVER WALNUT PASTRY - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
5 MOST POPULAR CZECH SWEET PASTRIES - TASTEATLAS
CZECH PASTRY RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TOP 5 PRAGUE PASTRIES TO TRY ON YOUR NEXT CZECH REPUBLIC TRIP
MINIATURE CAMEMBERT WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE - EPICURIOUS
CZECH WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE - PINTEREST
WALNUT PASTRY CRUST (VRP 034) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
10 BEST BLACK WALNUT DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
WALNUT PASTRIES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WALNUT PASTRY DOUGH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CZECH RECIPES WALNUT PASTRIES - TEXAS HILL COUNTRY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make walnut pastry at home?Put the walnuts and flour in a food processor and whiz to chop the nuts roughly. Add the butter and continue to process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add 3tbsp cold water and blend to combine. Tip the pastry out on to a floured surface and knead lightly. Shape into a round flat disc, wrap and chill for 1hr.
How to make frozen Walnut pie dough?Instructions Stir the flour, walnuts and salt together then cut in the shortening. Add a tablespoon of ice water and kneed in. Roll into a disk and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add some flour to your work surface and roll out the dough and transfer it to the pie pan.
How do you make a walnut cake?In a small saucepan, cook and stir 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup evaporated milk until mixture comes to a boil. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in walnuts and honey. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into walnut mixture. Cover and refrigerate filling at least 2 hours. For dough, in a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
How to make walnuts and honey bread?Directions. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in walnuts and honey. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into walnut mixture. Cover and refrigerate filling at least 2 hours. For dough, in a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, salt and remaining sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.