BEST STUFFED BELL PEPPERS WITH GROUND BEEF
I use red, orange and yellow bell peppers to cover all the colors of the rainbow, and stuff them with lean ground beef, mushrooms and top with a little cheese for a good healthy dose of Vitamin C, protein, and carbs at the same time.
Provided by Heidi
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large fry pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked almost through. Add the mushrooms, corn kernals, chopped celery, onion and garlic and cook until vegetables are softened. Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Season with kosher salt and ground pepper to taste and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and chopped parsley and cook for another 5 minutes or until the rice is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, cut off the tops of the peppers and spoon out the ribs and seeds, then rinse. Lightly sprinkle the inside of the peppers with kosher salt and place in a microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish and fill the peppers with the hot meat and rice mixture. Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308 kcal, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 25 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 64 mg, Sodium 308 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until browned.
- Cut out the tops of the bell peppers. Clean out the seeds and any membranes. Then arrange the peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides face up. (If needed, you can slice off the bottom so they stand upright.)
- In a bowl, combine the cooked rice, browned beef, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each bell pepper to the top. In a bowl, mix together the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour as a topping over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender. Baste each pepper with sauce every 15 minutes in order to keep it moist.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 cal
DADS STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - (3.6/5)
Provided by damiles1
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, cut top off peppers 1 inch from the stem end, and remove seeds. Add several generous pinches of salt to boiling water, then add peppers and boil, using a spoon to keep peppers completely submerged, until brilliant green (or red if red peppers) and their flesh slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain, set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. Remove skillet from heat, add meat, rice, tomatoes, and oregano, and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well. (You may find it easier to put the ingredients at this point into a large bowl and mix together with your hands.) Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil inside the peppers. Arrange the cut side of the peppers up in a baking dish, then stuff peppers with filling. Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl, then spoon over filling. Add 1/4 cup of water to the baking dish. Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes (or longer, depending on how big the peppers are that you are stuffing), until the internal temperature of the stuffed peppers is 150-160°F. Serves 4-6.
More about "dads stuffed bell peppers recipes"
STUFFED BELL PEPPER RECIPES
Web 15 Best Stuffed Peppers Recipes Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers 175 Ratings Peppers Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Sausage 2 Ratings Simple and Easy Stuffed Peppers 47 Ratings Stuffed Red Peppers 22 …
EASY STUFFED PEPPERS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
Web 6 bell peppers ½ pound lean ground beef ½ pound Italian sausage 1 small onion diced 2 cloves garlic minced 1 can small diced tomatoes 14 ½ ounces, with juice ½ cup white rice uncooked 1 ¼ cups water 1 …
DAD'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS » BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY …
Web Sep 27, 2012 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute …
DAD’S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - MILLER'S FOOD MARKET
Web Mar 2, 2020 Dad’s Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ingredients 1 1/2 cup of cooked white rice (from about 3/4 cup raw rice) 4 to 6 bell peppers, any color 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, peeled …
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
Web Feb 24, 2022 6 bell peppers any color, or a combination of colors 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 1/2 pounds ground beef I use 90% lean 1/2 cup onion finely chopped 2 teaspoons garlic minced 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice …
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
Web Oct 20, 2010 1. Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil. Saute 2 grated carrots with 1 tsp vegeta. Stir occassionally until carrots are soft. 2. Add 1 tbsp sour cream and 3/4 cup mushroom …
STUFFED PEPPERS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Web Feb 17, 2022 Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, uncovered, until the meat is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Stir until melted …
15+ EASY, HEALTHY STUFFED PEPPERS - EATINGWELL
Web Apr 6, 2021 16 Easy Stuffed Pepper Recipes. These healthy stuffed peppers are an easy choice for dinner. Full of protein and other nutritious vegetables, these stuffed …
DAD’S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - BIGOVEN.COM
Web 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the …
BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS (TASTY, CLASSIC FAMILY DINNER RECIPE!)
Web Mar 26, 2023 In a skillet over medium-high heat brown the ground beef with the chopped onions for 5-6 minutes. Drain off the excess fat and season with garlic powder, salt, and …
DAD'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Web Boil the pepper in rolling boiling salted water for about 3 minutes). Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a large skillet and cook the onion until translucent about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook …
DAD'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS | PUNCHFORK
Web Serves 6. 1 pound lean ground beef. 4 to 6 bell peppers, any color. 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped. 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped. 1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh …
DAD'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS | DAD'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS... A …
Web 9.4K views, 51 likes, 3 loves, 3 comments, 59 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Simply Recipes: Dad's Stuffed Bell Peppers... A classic dish for all to...
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - THE COZY COOK
Web Aug 17, 2022 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add 1 ½ cups water to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Cut the tops of each pepper and remove the seeds/membranes. Place the whole …
DAD’S FAMOUS STUFFED BELL PEPPERS – OTT FOOD PRODUCTS
Web Cut top off peppers 1 inch from the stem end, and remove seeds. Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 4 Tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, …
20 EASY BELL PEPPER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
Web Jun 6, 2022 2. Stuffed Pepper Casserole. If you want all the spice and flavor of stuffed bell peppers but need an even shorter prep time, try this stuffed pepper casserole …
DADS STUFFED PEPPERS - BIGOVEN.COM
Web Rinse with cold water to stop cooking. The peppers can either be left whole to stuff or cut in half. The tops can be diced to use later or for garnish. Melt butter and saute onions (and …
DAD’S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS | FAMILY RECIPE CENTRAL
Web Dec 24, 2011 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love