AEBLEKAGE -- DANISH APPLE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, then butter a 1 1/2-quart ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl, combine applesauce, sugar & vanilla extract.
- In the prepared baking dish, lay down alternate layers of breadcrumbs & applesauce, ending with breadcrumbs.
- Pour melted margarine over the top & bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with dollops of whipped cream & serve hot.
AEBLEKAGE (DANISH APPLECAKE)
Sunday is a great day to make a cake, just in case friends pop in for a cup of tea. This cake can be made a day or so ahead of time needed, if necessary, as it has keeping qualities!
Provided by Scandigirl
Yield 1 Cake
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream butter, add sugar and cream well together.
- Add slightly beaten egg yolks and lemon rind.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Pour into large deep pie dish or greased and floured cake pan.
- Place apple section on mixture and press in slightly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake three-quarters of an hour at 350 degree oven.
- When almost done cover with lid so apples will cook through.
- Meanwhile beat the two egg whites and one-half cup sugar until very stiff.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until top is quite brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2297.4, Fat 61.4, SaturatedFat 35.3, Cholesterol 516.7, Sodium 1357.4, Carbohydrate 421.7, Fiber 23.7, Sugar 289.2, Protein 31.7
More about "danish apple cake aeblekage recipes"
DANISH APPLE CAKE (ÆBLEKAGE) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
3.2/5 Servings 10Cuisine DanishCategory Dessert
ÆBLEKAGE - TRADITIONAL DANISH APPLE DESSERT - RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
DANISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE - VISITDENMARK
OLD-FASHIONED DANISH APPLE CAKE (ÆBLEKAGE) - EASY RECIPE
Reviews 4Category DessertAuthor Tina MøllerTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
ÆBLEKAGE IS A NO BAKE DANISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE. PERFECT ...
SIMPLE DANISH APPLE TRIFLE (æBLEKAGE) - SCANDIKITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE ÆBLEKAGE - TRADITIONAL DANISH APPLE CAKE ...
ÆBLEKAGE | TRADITIONAL DESSERT FROM DENMARK
DANISH APPLE CAKE WITH CINNAMON - EASY RECIPE FOR BAKED ...
NO-BAKE DESSERT RECIPE: DANISH APPLE CAKE - 12 TOMATOES
DANISH APPLE CAKE (AEBLEKAGE) - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ÆBLEKAGE – APPLE CAKE | MY DANISH ... - MY DANISH KITCHEN
DANISH APPLE CAKE: ÆBLEKAGE | RECIPES JOURNEY
APPLE CAKE // ÆBLEKAGE
DANISH APPLE CAKE (ÆBLEKAGE) | DANISH CUISINE, DANISH ...
DANISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
APPLE CAKE WITH MACAROONS - MY DANISH KITCHEN
DANISH APPLE CAKE (ÆBLEKAGE) - TRADITIONAL & DELICIOUS ...
DANISH APPLE CAKE AEBLEKAGE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS ...
ÆBLEKAGE: DANISH APPLE CAKE (ALMOST) LIKE MY MUM USED TO ...
#52: DENMARK: DANISH APPLE CAKE (ÆBLEKAGE) – A PORTRAIT OF ...
DANISH APPLE CAKE (ÆBLEKAGE) LOW CARB RECIPE - FOOD BY ELE
ÆBLEKAGE A DELICIOUS DANISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE. LEARN HOW ...
DANISH APPLE CAKE OR GAMMELDAGS æBLEKAGE – ANNA'S RECIPE ...
DANISH APPLE PUDDING - &AELIG;BLEKAGE
ÆBLEKAGE | HOW TO MAKE DANISH APPLE CAKE ~ D FOR DENMARK
ÆBLEKAGE: A CRUMMY DESSERT - SOUTH DAKOTA MAGAZINE
CHEAT’S DANISH APPLE CAKE (GAMMELDAGS ... - FAB FOOD 4 ALL
DANISH æBLEKAGE - FIFTH FLOOR COOKING
DANISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE - GOOD FOOD
MY MOM'S DANISH ÆBLEKAGE - APPLE DESSERT - RECIPE - YOUTUBE
PROBABLY THE YUMMIEST AND EASIEST NO-BAKE APPLE CAKE YOU ...
DANISH APPLE CAKE (AEBLEKAGE) | HOMESICK TEXAN
AEBLEKAGE (DANISH APPLE CAKE)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Danish apple cake (æblekage)?Saved! Danish Apple Cake (Æblekage) is not actually a cake but a traditional Danish dessert comprising of layers of stewed apples, caramelised oats and finished off with whipped cream. Fill a large pan with water.
What is æblekage?Æblekage actually means apple cake in Danish, but it is not a cake, and no baking is involved, so I have no idea why we call it cake. I would say it is more like a trifle, and it is one of the easiest desserts I know.
What is apple cake made out of?It consists of a creamy, cinnamon-spiced apple sauce that is layered between crispy breadcrumbs or crumbled cookies. It is usually prepared and served in bowls or decorative glasses, while the top is often covered with a generous layer of whipped cream.
How do you bake an apple and cinnamon cake?Arrange half the apples over the batter and then sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the remaining cake batter, apples and cinnamon sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer, covering with a piece of foil in the last 15 minutes of baking if the cake is browning too quickly.