DELICIOUS BAKED CHICKEN KIEV
This is the BEST! I was raised on this, and it is the best chicken Kiev you'll ever have. After you make it a few times it's a snap. I do this by memory. You can adjust the flavors to taste. This recipe tastes great as leftovers also!
Provided by Jessica
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Spread the butter mixture 1/2 inch thick onto a piece of aluminum foil, and place in the freezer to harden.
- Place the cereal in a large plastic resealable bag, and crush with a rolling pin. Add the remaining parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, paprika and salt, seal the bag, and shake to mix.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Remove the slab of butter mixture from the freezer, and slice into 6 strips. Place one strip onto the center of each pounded chicken breast, roll up and secure with toothpicks. Dip rolled chicken breasts into buttermilk, then into the cereal mixture. Place coated breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is no longer pink, and the juices run clear. The outside should be crispy and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.7 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 89.2 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 29.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 820.8 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
BAKED CHICKEN KIEV
- Make the herb butter. Combine all the butter, herbs and lemon juice ingredients in a medium large bowl, and, using a rubber spatula, mix until well combined. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. On a work surface, spread out a piece of plastic wrap, about 10 inches long. Put the herb butter across the bottom center of the plastic wrap, and form into a log-like shape, about 4 inches long. Fold the bottom edge of the plastic wrap over the butter and roll the enclosed butter forward until completely wrapped, to form a tube about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Twist the ends together, like a party favor, and freeze until very firm. Prepare the chicken. On a work surface, place 1 breast half between 2 layers of plastic wrap or wax paper and, using a meat-tenderizing mallet, pound to a 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Unwrap the butter and cut lengthwise into four equal pieces. Lay out each breast half and season both sides assertively with salt and pepper. Place 1 piece of butter across the bottom center of each breast. Fold the bottom edge of a breast over the butter, fold in the sides, and roll the just enclosed butter forward until completely wrapped, to form a tight rolled package. Repeat with the remaining breasts. In a large bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, and the thyme and season generously with pepper. Place the flour and eggs in separate flat bottomed bowls or lipped plates. Working with one chicken roll at a time, dredge it in the flour, dip in the egg, and roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off the excess. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.
More about "delicious chicken kiev recipes"
CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (22)Category MediumCuisine $10-$12Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- In a medium bowl, mash or cream together 8 tablespoons of softened butter with 1 garlic clove minced, 1 tbs lemon juice, 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Shape into a log ¾” thick, cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer while working on everything else.
- Pat dry the chicken. Remove the tenderloins from the chicken breasts (if any) and carefully pound them to 1/8” thick and not thinner or it may tare easily. It should be thinner on the edges which will help to seal the chicken and prevent butter from oozing out when cooking. Peel off the wax paper.
- Heat 1” canola oil in a deep pot over medium heat until a piece of bread turns golden in 1 minute (about 325-350 degrees F). Initial heating should be to about 350 since the temp drops after you put each chicken in. You should have enough oil to cover the chicken at least half-way (1 1/2 to 2 inches). Set up 3 separate dishes. (1) flour (2) beaten eggs (3) bread crumbs.
CLASSIC RUSSIAN CHICKEN KIEV WITH GARLIC AND HERB BUTTER
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, LunchPublished 2020-08-03 See details »
DELICIOUS CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE
See details »
BEST CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
Ratings 10Calories 771 per servingCategory Main Course See details »
HOMEMADE CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory MainsCalories 878 per serving
- For the butter, peel the garlic, then finely chop with the parsley leaves and mix into the softened butter with the cayenne.
- To do this, start by pulling back the loose fillet on the back of the breast – put your knife in the opposite direction and slice to create a long pocket (for extra guidance, watch the how-to video below).
EASY CHICKEN KIEV: A CRISPY AND DELICIOUS MEAL
Servings 3Total Time 40 mins
- In a medium bowl, mash together all the garlic-lemon butter ingredients with a fork, just until lemon juice is mixed evenly into the butter. It may take a couple of minutes, but it will eventually all come together nicely.
- Using a sharp, slim knife, carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast as deep and wide as you can go without cutting through the chicken breast. Use your fingers to gently open the pocket, and stuff each chicken breast with 1 Tbsp of Kiev butter.
- Close the pocket and push down over the top of the chicken breast to disperse butter evenly through the pocket. Pinch the opening to seal. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper.
CHICKEN KIEV | RICARDO
5/5 (8)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 1 hr
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Shape the mixture into a 10-cm (4-inch) square on plastic wrap. Cover and freeze on a plate about for 20 minutes or until firm. Cut the butter into four strips. Keep in the refrigerator.
EASY BAKED CHICKEN KIEV - THE SEASONED MOM
Reviews 2Category DinnerCuisine EuropeanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a small bowl, stir together butter chives, parsley, thyme and garlic until completely combined. Transfer to a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a 3-inch by 2-inch rectangle. Wrap tightly and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet and spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place flour in a small shallow dish. Whisk the eggs and Dijon mustard in a separate shallow dish. Place the Corn Flakes crumbs in a third dish.
- Cut the chilled butter into 4 rectangular pieces. Place one piece of butter in the middle of each piece of chicken. Starting at a long side, tightly roll up the chicken, tucking in the short sides as you roll. Secure with toothpicks.
CHICKEN KIEV | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (17)Category MainsCuisine RussianCalories 773 per serving
- Shape and chill butter: Scrape butter on to a small sheet of baking / parchment paper and roughly shape into 10 x 6cm / 4 x 2.4" rectangle. Refrigerate until firm, then cut in half lengthwise to form two batons.
- Pound chicken: Place chicken smooth side down between two freezer bags or paper (Note 3). Pound to an even 0.5 cm / 0.2" thickness using a meat mallet (Note 4 for tips!)
DELICIOUS CHICKEN KIEV - I AM HOMESTEADER
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 29 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 1213 per serving
- In a medium bowl combine butter, mozzarella, garlic, salt, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix well. Set out 4 sections of plastic wrap (about 5 inches wide). Divide the butter mixture evenly between each sheet. Wrap the butter completely and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Wash, dry, and butterfly chicken breasts. (To butterfly put your chicken breast on a chopping board and, with your hand flat on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side or your butter will leak out).
CHICKEN KIEVS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (3)Category Comfort FoodServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. Season well, then spoon onto a sheet of cling film. Shape into a log (about 10cm x 4cm) and freeze for 15 minutes until solid.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until completely flattened. Take the butter from the freezer and slice into thin rounds. Divide evenly among the flattened chicken breasts, then bring the edges of the chicken over the butter to form a neat parcel with the seam on top. Invert onto a plate or board, so the seal is underneath, then chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Dust each Kiev in seasoned flour, then dip in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Make sure they’re well coated.
- Heat a generous layer of oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Put the Kievs in the pan, with the seal underneath, and fry for 5-7 minutes, turning to brown all over. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve with mashed potato or a green salad.
CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (2)Total Time 57 minsCategory Comfort FoodCalories 536 per serving
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, parsley and garlic with a good pinch of salt and pepper until well combined. Spoon the herb butter onto a sheet of baking paper and roll up into a short, fat cylinder. Freeze for at least 15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, put each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film and put them onto a chopping board. Bash them gently with a rolling pin until they are an even thickness (about 7.5mm or as thin as you can without tearing the meat).
- Remove the butter from the freezer and slice thinly. Divide the slices among the flattened chicken breasts, placing them in the middle of each (you may have some butter left over). Fold over the long sides of the flattened chicken, enclosing the butter as much as possible (A), then fold the short ends over the folded sides/butter to make a neat parcel with the seam on top (B). Turn the parcels over so the seam is underneath, put on a clean tray or chopping board, loosely covered with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the seasoned flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls, in that order. Remove the chicken from the fridge and, working with one at a time, dust each kiev in the flour, gently shaking off any excess, then dip into the eggs and coat in the breadcrumbs, making sure each one is completely covered (see tip).
CLASSIC CHICKEN KIEV - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 666 per serving
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit into the chicken breasts that is 2 inches deep and about 3 inches long to create a pocket. Be sure to not cut through the breast. A thinner chicken breast will cook more evenly and quicker. If you have really thick chicken breast, you can horizontally cut them to be 1 inch thick.
- Place a large skillet onto medium heat and add in about 2 inches of oil into the pan. The exact amount of oil you add into the pan will be determined on the size of the pan.
CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory FamilyPublished 2021-02-25
- Put the chicken in a container, sprinkle over the flaky sea salt, cover and leave in the fridge for 6 hours. This will help the seasoning penetrate the meat.
- Remove the breasts from the container, then cut away the small fillet from the bottom of each and set side. Use a small, sharp knife to make an incision in the side of each breast, at the thickest part, then wiggle the knife to create a large pocket through the middle of the breast.
- Beat together the butter, garlic, parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice in a small bowl with a little seasoning. Divide the garlic butter between the four chicken breasts, stuffing it into the pockets.
- Put the flour and beaten egg into separate shallow bowls, and season the flour well. Tip the breadcrumbs into another, then stir through the paprika and garlic granules.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, gently dredge through the flour, shake off any excess, then turn it in the egg, and finally roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Fill a large frying pan with 2cm of oil and heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil to 180C or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
BAKED CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 3 hrsServings 4Calories 592 per serving See details »
DELICIOUS BAKED CHICKEN KIEV - REVIEW BY JESSICA ...
5/5 See details »
CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE (GARLIC BUTTER STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST ...
Cuisine Europe, RussianCategory Dinner, Main Dish, Poultry DishServings 4 See details »
CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE | RECIPE ...
See details »
DELICIOUS CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
See details »
DELICIOUS BAKED CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE | EASY RECIPES
See details »
DELICIOUS CHICKEN KIEV - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
RECIPE: DELICIOUS CHICKEN KIEV - ADITEKJAYAPUTRA.COM
See details »
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN KIEV: 7 AMAZING SIDES
See details »
DELICIOUS CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
DELICIOUS BAKED CHICKEN KIEV RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
See details »
DELICIOUS BAKED CHICKEN KIEV - CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
See details »
time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion low-protein very-low-carbs main-dish poultry easy european dinner-party heirloom-historical holiday-event kid-friendly russian chicken dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat low-calorie low-carb low-in-something meat chicken-breasts novelty 3-steps-or-less 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love