- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter well and chill 8 1 1/4-cup souffle dishes.
- Boil carrots in salted water until soft. Drain well.
- Place carrots in food processor or blender with ricotta, cumin, dill, salt and pepper. Puree well. You should have about 3 cups. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add yolks to mixture and blend well with wire whisk. In another bowl whisk whites until they form soft peaks. Fold 1/4 of whites into carrot mixture, then remainder. Taste for seasoning.
- Place souffle dishes on baking sheet and fill to rim with mixture. Before placing in oven run thumb around rim of each to remove any overflow, which could cling and prevent souffle from rising fully. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 118, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 299 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PICADILLY'S CARROT SOUFFLE
One of the most-often-requested recipes from Piccadilly Cafeterias. I found it in the online edition of the Baton Rouge Advocate. This is not exactly health-conscious, due to the large amount of sugar, but it is delicious and i guarantee kids will eat these carrots!
Provided by Margaret3
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Steam or boil carrots til extra soft& drain well.
- While carrots are warm, add sugar, baking powder and vanilla.
- Whip with mixer til smooth.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Whip eggs separately and add to mixture, blending well.
- Add margarine and blend well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish-ABOUT HALF FULL--as the souffle will rise.
- [email protected] 350 about 1 hour or until top is light brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar before serving.
FRESH CARROT SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the carrots until very tender. Drain, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While carrots are warm, use an electric mixer to beat with sugar, baking powder, and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the flour, eggs, and margarine. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.8 calories, Carbohydrate 35.9 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 306.8 mg, Sugar 29.4 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8 inch casserole dish.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add carrots. Cook carrots until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a blender or food processor add butter, egg, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugars. Add one quarter of the carrots and puree. Slowly add remaining carrots, pureeing after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
DIET CARROT SOUFFLE
Very yummy!! It tastes like sweet potato pie to me. I found this recipe on a diet forum. Unfortunately, I can't remember which diet forum. The prep time and cooking time are estimates.
Provided by Melissa JAS
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Boil carrots in a large pot until they are very tender and slightly mushy.
- Drain carrots.
- Put the carrots in a blender with the skim milk and puree until smooth.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and Splenda and mix well.
- Spray a small (8x8 or so) baking dish with fat free cooking spray and pour the carrots into the dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and mash. Stir in margarine, vanilla extract and eggs; mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; stir into carrot mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 508 mg, Sugar 28 g
CAFETERIA CARROT SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. To the carrots add melted butter, white sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.7 calories, Carbohydrate 37.2 g, Cholesterol 100.3 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 218.9 mg, Sugar 29.4 g
If you're not a carrot lover, not to worry, it tastes like the filling in a squash pie. If you don't like squash pie, well, I guess it tastes like carrots.
Provided by dojemi
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook carrots till'very' tender in salted water.
- Drain and mash.
- Combine all ingredients and mix with w/elctric mixer till smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or till set.
- Can be made a day ahead and re-heated in a 350 degree over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.5, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 83.6, Sodium 153.1, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 2, Sugar 12.8, Protein 3.5
DELICIOUS CARROT SOUFFLE
This recipe is delicious! I make it for every holiday and sometimes just for a colorful and delicious side dish during the week, just because we love it! Even those who don't normally like carrots really liked this souffle, and kids love it, too. It's a great alternate to sweet potato casserole; plus, it's super easy to prepare! I strongly suggest not adding any of type of "pumpkin pie" spices, etc. to this dish as it will really alter the outcome. This comes straight from Cooking Light with no alterations - it doesn't need any!
Provided by hepcat1
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook carrots until tender and drain.
- Process carrot in food processor until nice and smooth.
- Add sugar and next 7 ingredients (sugar through eggs) and pulse to combine.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.6, Fat 5.1, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 87.7, Sodium 237, Carbohydrate 29.9, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 22.1, Protein 4
This recipe is rooted in my backyard garden. It's an excellent way to dress up veggies. My six grandchildren are happy to eat their carrots when they're dished up like this.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. Lightly beat egg yolks; add to crumbs with carrots, celery, parsley, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into carrot mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 396mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "diet carrot souffle recipes"
CARROT SOUFFLE WITH BUTTER AND CARROTS | PAULA DEEN
ROASTED CARROT SOUFFLE | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
LIGHT AND FLUFFY CARROT SOUFFLES RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
CARROT SOUFFLE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HEALTHY CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - SAVORY SPIN
CARROT SOUFFLé | KITCHN
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE | BETTER TOGETHER BC
A DELICIOUS CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (22)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCuisine Southern, AmericanCalories 315 per serving
CARROT SOUFFLE (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory RecipesCalories 309 per serving
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
DIET CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CARROT SOUFFLé - MAE'S MENU
GLUTEN FREE CARROT SOUFFLE – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
EASY HOMEMADE CARROT SOUFFLé RECIPE - NERDY MOMS UNITED
CARROTT SOUFFLE (GLUTEN-FREE) — THE RELATABLE NUTRITIONIST
CARROT SOUFFLé RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LOW FODMAP CARROT SOUFFLé - MY GUT FEELING
CARROT SOUFFLé | PRIMAL PALATE | PALEO RECIPES
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - BALANCING MOTHERHOOD
BLEND-AND-BAKE CARROT SOUFFLé FAST2EAT | FAST2EAT
THE BEST CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
OVEN-BAKED CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - MY EDIBLE FOOD
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - DELICIOUSLY NATURAL - ENJOYHOTFOOD
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE | ZERO CALORIE SWEETENER & SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ...
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE BY DIABETIC.FOODIE | IFOOD.TV
CARROT SOUFFLé - FRENCH COOKING RECIPES | TRAVEL | AT HOME
CARROT SOUFFLé - VERONICA HINKE
GINGERED CARROT SOUFFLé - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HEALTHY CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE (SCD, PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE)
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EASY CARROT SOUFFLé - FEELS LIKE HOME™
DIET CARROT SOUFFLE
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE | NO CALORIE SWEETENER & SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ...
CARROT SOUFFLé - DANA MONSEES NUTRITION
VEGAN CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #holiday-event #vegetarian #puddings-and-mousses #dietary #christmas #thanksgiving #carrots #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a carrot souffle?A carrot souffle as good as your favorite restaurant makes! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large pot of boiling water, cook the carrots until very tender. Drain, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. While carrots are warm, use an electric mixer to beat with sugar, baking powder, and vanilla extract until smooth.
How do you make carrots and carrots in a soup?Lightly butter 2 (1 1/2-quart) baking dishes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook until tender. Drain and set aside. In food processor, add the sugar and eggs and pulse to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and butter; pulse until smooth. Add the carrots and pulse to combine.
How to make carrot and egg casserole?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook until tender. Drain and set aside. In food processor, add the sugar and eggs and pulse to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and butter; pulse until smooth.
How to cook carrots in a food processor?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook until tender. Drain and set aside. In food processor, add the sugar and eggs and pulse to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and butter; pulse until smooth. Add the carrots and pulse to combine.