MEATLOAF THAT DOESN'T CRUMBLE
I have tried and tried meatloaf recipes they all fall apart before you get them out of the pan. This meatloaf is very good and sticks together to be served. Leftover meatloaf makes wonderful sandwiches with mayonnaise.
Provided by SMURF12535
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a food processor or blender, combine the bell pepper, onion and celery. Process until finely chopped, but not liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the ground beef, ground pork, cracker crumbs, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, sage and milk. Mix well using your hands, or if you have a stand mixer, mix using the paddle attachment. Transfer to a 9x5 inch loaf pan and form into a loaf, mounding in the center. Cover with a generous layer of ketchup.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers, slice and serve cold in sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413 calories, Carbohydrate 22.7 g, Cholesterol 67.9 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 790.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
Not your average blue-plate special, this meatloaf recipe brings three ground meats together with a sweet-and-sour glaze to form a tender and moist mealtime favorite.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse bread in a food processor until finely ground. (You should have about 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.) Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Pulse garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and parsley in food processor until finely chopped. Add to breadcrumbs. Add meats, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix together using your hands. Transfer mixture to a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup ketchup and the brown sugar until smooth; brush onto meat. Set pan on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 160 degrees, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
DON'T LET YOUR MEATLOAF!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine bread cubes and milk in small bowl, set aside.
- Place onion, garlic, carrots, celery and horseradish in bowl of food processor, fitted with metal blade.
- Process until finely chopped, but still recognizable.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped vegetables, and cook until vegetables soften.
- Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place: meats (except bacon) bread/milk mixture, eggs, parsley, mustard, salt pepper and vegetable mixture.
- Mix gently, but well.
- Place in ungreased baking dish and shape into one large, or two smaller loaves.
- Cover loaves with bacon slices, tucking ends under.
- Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- Brush over loaf (loaves).
- Bake for approximately 90 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into center of meatloaf.
- If crisper bacon is desired, place under broiler- watch carefully!
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
NOT MY MOMMA'S MEATLOAF
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse the celery, carrots and onions in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the oil to a saute pan over medium-low heat, then add the chopped veggies and cook, covered, until translucent. Transfer the veggies to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, mix together the panko, buttermilk, ketchup, Worcestershire and eggs in a bowl. Add the parsley, salt, black pepper and cayenne and mix well. Once the veggies are cool, add them to the mixture and incorporate. Next add the ground beef and pork and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Line two loaf pans with parchment paper and divide the meatloaf mixture between them. Cover with foil and bake until the meatloaves reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 1 hour. Slice and serve immediately, or cool, slice and reheat. Serve with Herb Aioli and Spicy Hollandaise.
- Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, sage, green onions, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and egg yolks to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and well incorporated.
- Melt the butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend the yolks, hot sauce, wine, salt and pepper in a blender, then drizzle in the melted butter while blending, until the sauce is smooth.
THE "I DON'T LIKE MEATLOAF" MEATLOAF
This meatloaf is really good. The sausage gives it an added kick, and I've served it to several people and received "I don't like meatloaf, BUT..." responses.
Provided by samantha19f2001
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl- mix together well (using hands, as gross as it may be).
- Mold mixture into a"loaf", place into 8x11 baking dish (I try to make sure the meatloaf doesn't touch the sides, it makes for easier cleanup).
- Spread more ketchup on the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to an hour.
- My favorite sides to go with this are mashed potatoes and green beans.
- You can be creative with this recipe- use spicy sausage if you like spicy; sage if you like that taste, etc You can also add chopped onions, green peppers, or salsa- I don't, but only because my kids won't eat it.
- (Bonus: if your kids are veggie haters like mine- they never even notice the mushrooms).
MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MEAT LOAF
When my husband and I were first married, he refused to eat meat loaf because he said it was bland and dry. Then I prepared this version, and it became his favorite meal. -Suzanne Codner, Starbuck, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut two 25x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble an X. Place strips on bottom and up sides of a 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray., Combine the first 6 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into a round loaf; place in center of strips in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°. , In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over meat loaf. Cook until heated through, about 15 minutes longer. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 calories, Fat 17g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 150mg cholesterol, Sodium 800mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
"BETTER THAN BEEF" MEATLESS MEATLOAF
Thanks to caramelized brown onions, there's some real magic going on in this meatless meatloaf! Despite having no beef in it, it's super savory with a meaty texture and flavor. With just enough binder to keep it together, it's slightly crumbly, but still melt-in-your-mouth tender and moist. Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, and gravy.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Very generously grease a loaf pan.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and sauté until nicely browned and juices have evaporated, about 10 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until soft, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add celery, tomato paste, and beef base; cook and stir until tomato paste begins to toast on the bottom of the pan, about 3 minutes. Stir in water and turn off the heat; let sit for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture into a food processor. Add cooked lentils and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add eggs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, thyme, cayenne, ketchup, bread crumbs, oats, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared loaf pan, then wrap with foil and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until firm to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and place on a wire rack. Remove the foil and place it on the baking sheet. Grease the foil with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Let the loaf sit for 10 to 15 minutes, and increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- While the loaf is resting, make the glaze: Whisk ketchup, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- Invert the loaf onto the foil and spread glaze all over the surface, mostly on the top but some on the sides.
- Return to the oven and bake until the glaze is cooked on, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the loaf onto a cutting board. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 73.7 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 1547 mg
More about "dont let your meatloaf recipes"
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
4.6/5 (10)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory ArticlesPublished 2020-05-05
- Leftover Meatloaf Spaghetti. You can use leftover meatloaf for almost any recipe that requires ground meat. Here’s an excellent example – spaghetti! Not only will cooking require much less effort since you already have cooked beef, but it’s also pre-seasoned with such wonderful flavors.
- Meatloaf Sandwich. Or how about a sandwich? Just put a thick slice of meatloaf in between 2 slices of your favorite bread and bam, you’ve got yourself a hearty meal.
- Meatloaf Chili. You can also transform your meatloaf into a hot pot of chili. It’s great for having a few friends over for a Mexican feast or when you’re just having one of those late-night cravings.
- Meatloaf Shepherd’s Pie. Give your meatloaf some mashed potato loving by transforming it into a shepherd’s pie! Since potatoes are quite filling, this dish is great for when you need to feed a hungry crowd.
- Meatloaf Quiche. A quiche made of meatloaf? Yes, please! Meatloaf’s flavors go well with cheese and eggs, so it only makes sense to use it to make a quiche.
- Meatloaf Tacos. Meatloaf tastes great with classic Mexican toppings such as guacamole, cheese, and sour cream, so why not turn it into a taco filling?
- Mac and Cheese… and Meatloaf. Mac and cheese is already so delicious on its own, but you know what it’s missing? A little bit of beef. Enter leftover meatloaf.
- Meatloaf Bruschetta. This hors d’oeuvre is perfect if you just have a little leftover meatloaf. Just slice up some baguettes and top them with garlic, basil, parsley, tomato, and some meatloaf!
- Meatloaf-Stuffed Peppers. Meat and bell peppers go well together, so why not combine the two? To make, microwave cored bell peppers until softened. Stuff them with diced leftover meatloaf flavored with tomato sauce, and top with cheese!
- Fried Rice. Got some leftover meatloaf and rice? Well, what are you waiting for? Heat up a large pan and make fried rice! Just toss in the rice, the meatloaf, some eggs, and your favorite veggies.
5-INGREDIENT EASY MEATLOAF WITHOUT BREADCRUMBS
OLD FASHIONED MEAT LOAF, BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE | JENNY …
14 MEATLOAF MISTAKES YOU'LL WANT TO AVOID - EAT THIS NOT …
CLASSIC MEATLOAF WITH OUT ONIONS - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
THE SECRETS TO A PERFECTLY MOIST MEATLOAF
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST MEATLOAF – MOIST & JUICY EVERY …
10 OF THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
DON'T LET YOUR MEATLOAF LOAF - THE COWGIRL GOURMET IN …
5/5 (2)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES THAT YOU MUST TRY 2022
NOT MY MAMA'S MEATLOAF! - MOMMY'S KITCHEN
BETTER THAN YOUR MOMMA'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF - A WICKED WHISK
DON'T LET YOUR MEAT LOAF | METAFILTER
CLASSIC JUICY MEATLOAF RECIPE | CHEW OUT LOUD
HOW TO MAKE A MEATLOAF WITHOUT BREADCRUMBS - THE KITCHEN …
SEARCHABLE RECIPE DATABASE - DON'T LET YOUR MEAT LOAF
17 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A MEATLOAF THAT DOESN'T SUCK: A GUIDE FOR
INA GARTEN’S MEATLOAF (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
URBAN DICTIONARY: DON'T LET YOUR [MEAT LOAF].
180 DON'T_LET_YOUR_MEAT_LOAF-MAC IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
DON’T LET YOUR MEAT LOAF - THE STEVE DAHL PODCAST
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE, HEALTHY HOMEMADE MEATLOAF, BEST RECIPES
EASY CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEFTOVER TURKEY MEATLOAF - NERDY MAMMA
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
(DON'T LET YOUR) MEATLOAF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
DON'T MAKE THESE COMMON MEATLOAF MISTAKES - MASHED.COM
DINER STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - AMERICAN CLASSIC | CHEF DENNIS
DON'T LET YOUR MEAT LOAF SAMMIE - MSN
GORDON RAMSAY MEATLOAF RECIPE - HALF-SCRATCHED
15 SURPRISINGLY GOOD LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES TO REVIVE
MEATLOAF - CAFE DELITES
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE SAYING, "DON'T LET YOUR MEAT LOAF"?
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
NOT YOUR MAMA'S MEATLOAF - TOTALLY THE BOMB.COM
27 SIDE DISHES FOR MEATLOAF FAMILY NIGHT - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
THE 30 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
You'll also love