EASY CRAB CAKES RECIPE
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Combine crab meat, bread crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, and parsley. Mix until well incorporated. But do not overmix. Crab meat should be lumpy.
- In a separate bowl, beat together mayonnaise, mustard, and egg. Combine with other ingredients and mix well.
- Form into patties and refrigerate for about half an hour. This will allow the crab cakes to firm up and prevent them from cracking or breaking up in the pan.
- Put the patties into a lightly greased baking sheet. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes (or until lightly brown).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 cal
DOWN-SOUTH CRAB CAKES WITH COLLARD GREENS AND ROASTED GARLIC BEURRE BLANC
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape mixture into 10 (3 to 3 1/2-inch) patties. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Spoon Collard Greens onto individual serving plates, using a slotted spoon; top each serving with 2 crab cakes. Drizzle with Roasted Garlic Beurre Blanc. Garnish, if desired.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add prosciutto, and saute 2 minutes. Add butter, onion, and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Add collard greens and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until greens are tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place garlic in center of an aluminum foil sheet. Drizzle garlic lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Squeeze out pulp from each garlic clove into a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and white wine to garlic. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 20 minutes or until reduced by three-fourths. Stir in whipping cream; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from heat; gradually whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until sauce is slightly thickened and smooth. Stir in salt and ground red pepper.
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES
- Combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, mustard, hot sauce, bell pepper, scallions, celery and egg in a large bowl.
- Add just enough mayonnaise to hold the ingredients together, being careful not to make it so moist that the mixture will fall apart.
- Divide into 8 patties.
- Coat with additional bread crumbs, then fry, four at a time, in hot oil until crispy and brown on all sides.
- ***Patties can be made ahead of time and frozen- they freeze very well.
NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKES
- In a medium size bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the crab meat. Stir the beaten egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire and Old Bay Seasoning. Lightly mix these ingredients being careful not to overwork the crab meat. Form into 8 round, flat crab cakes.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the cakes on each side until crusty and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 172.3 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1277.1 mg, Sugar 2 g
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES
- In a large bowl, gently mix together cracker crumbs, crabmeat, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. The mixture will be wet. Form about 1/4 of the crab mixture for each cake.
- Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently slide the cakes off a spatula into the oil. Saute until the crab cakes are golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with tartar sauce.
MAINE CRAB CAKES
These little hummers come together quickly and are sooo good. I like to chill the crab cakes for about 15-20 minutes before cooking. I'm partial to Maine crab 'cause it's in my backyard and really sweet. If using other type of crab, don't use the expensive claw meat. The less expensive crab (body and knuckle mixture) binds together better.
Provided by Aroostook
Yield 8 cakes, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients except scallions.
- Mix well.
- Add sliced scallions and mix.
- Form into eight 2-inch crab cakes.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add crab cakes.
- Cook the crab cakes for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
BEST EVER CRAB CAKES
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, tarragon, and scallions. Gently stir in crabmeat, being careful not to break up meat. Gradually mix in cracker crumbs, adding until desired consistency is achieved.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Form crab mixture into 4 patties. Place patties in skillet, and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 108.5 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 354.8 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
More about "down east crab cakes recipes"
13 BEST CRAB CAKE RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE CRAB CAKES AT …
CRISPY DUNGENESS CRAB CAKES | CUISINE TECHNIQUES
OUR BEST CRAB CAKE RECIPES | CRISPY, TENDER, DELICIOUS
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES ~ SAVORING CAPE COD | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
EASY CRAB CAKES RECIPE (+ VIDEO) - A FAMILY FEAST®
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES - CHAMPSDIET.COM
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES RECIPE BY SOUTHERN.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
SEAFOOD: DOWN EAST RECIPES BY MARJORIE STANDISH (9780892724239)
BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB RECIPES: DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES
DUNGENESS CRAB CAKES - SAVOR THE BEST
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 BEST CRAB CAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST CRAB CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CRAB CAKES
20 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR DEEP FRIED CRAB CAKES - BEST RECIPES …
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES RECIPE (LITTLE FILLER) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
DOWNEAST CRAB CAKE RECIPE - CHRON.COM
MARYLAND STYLE CRAB CAKES -- AN ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS CLASSIC …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CRAB CAKES - MOMMA LEW
CRAB CAKES WITH CELERY, RED BELL PEPPER AND SCALLIONS
COASTAL LIVING CRAB CAKE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
PANKO SNOW CRAB CAKES WITH SRIRACHA DIPPING SAUCE - BACON IS …
PEI LOBSTER AND CRAB CAKES - WELCOME PEI
MARYLAND STYLE OLD BAY CRAB CAKES - MISSION FOOD ADVENTURE
DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | CRAB CAKES, …
THE BEST CRAB CAKES - MESS IN THE KITCHEN
PACIFIC NW DUNGENESS CRAB CAKES (+ ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE)
OLD BAY CRAB CAKES! - THIS IS HOW I COOK
40 MINUTE TIMER RECIPE DOWN EAST CRAB CAKES - WEBETUTORIAL
MAGNOLIA’S CHARLESTON CRABCAKES – THE RIGHT RECIPE
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH QUICK TARTAR SAUCE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOMEMADE CRAB CAKE RECIPES AS GOOD AS ANY RESTAURANT
DUNGENESS CRAB CAKES RECIPE | PBS FOOD
CRAB CAKES RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES | EXQUISITE AND DELICIOUS | DISHES DELISH
EAST BREAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
FAR EAST CRAB CAKES RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #seafood #american #canadian #easy #refrigerator #dinner-party #kid-friendly #grains #crab #eggs #freezer #stove-top #dietary #spicy #seasonal #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #northeastern-united-states #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook crab cakes?—Cynthia Bent, Newark, Delaware In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Fold in crab. Shape into six patties. In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
What is a Down Home crab cake?Down home crab cakes are heavy on the crab, light on the filler. These chunky crab cakes with fresh herbs, mustard, lemon and mayo are coated with seasoned panko bread crumbs, and baked until golden brown.
What is in a Maryland crab cake?Peppers, green onions, parsley, and plenty of seasonings make these crab cakes a memorable mealtime hit! Many people claim to have the true Maryland crab cake, but this one uses all lump meat with almost no filler added and tastes incredible! Spicy crab cakes made with onion, celery, and brown mustard.
How to make crab sandwich with bread crumbs?Directions In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.