FARMHOUSE HERBED STUFFING
This farmhouse-style recipe relies on store-bought stuffing cubes enhanced with a flurry of dried and fresh herbs. Bake it in a casserole dish, or stuff it into the bird.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Rick Rodgers
Yield 8 servings (about 9 cups, or enough to fill a 12-pound turkey, with extra for baking alongside)
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- In 12-inch, heavy skillet over moderate heat, heat butter until hot but not smoking. Stir in onion and celery, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. (Vegetables can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated. Reheat before continuing: In 12-inch, heavy skillet over moderately high heat, sauté, stirring often, until heated through, about 5 minutes.)
- Transfer to large bowl and add stuffing cubes, parsley, celery salt, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir in 1¼ cups hot stock.
- If using to stuff turkey:
- Use immediately to fill cavities and spread remainder in baking dish as directed in Classic Roast Turkey recipe .
- If baking in a casserole pan:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter 3-quart casserole or 9-by 13-inch baking dish. Transfer stuffing to dish and drizzle with ½ cup hot stock (stuffing baked outside of the turkey won't be soaked in the turkey's juices, so extra stock is drizzled on top to keep it moist). Cover with aluminum foil and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is slightly crisp and golden, about 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
- Sausage and Sage Stuffing: In large, heavy skillet over moderate heat, sauté 1 pound bulk pork sausage, breaking up pieces with spoon, until meat shows no sign of pink, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to large bowl. Proceed with recipe, adding ingredients to bowl with sausage and substituting 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage for dried rosemary and sage.
- Dried Apricot and Pecan Stuffing: Dried fruit are better than fresh in stuffing because the latter get soggy with long baking. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread 1½ cups (6 ounces) pecans on rimmed baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, until browned and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop. In medium bowl, combine 1½ cups diced dried apricots and hot water to cover. Soak until apricots plump, about 30 minutes, then drain well. Proceed with recipe, tossing apricots and pecans with other ingredients in large bowl.
- Test-Kitchen Tips: Warm, moist stuffing is an optimal environment for bacteria such as salmonella or E. coli to multiply, so it's important to follow safe procedures. Be sure to make the stuffing at the last minute so it can go into the bird warm. This helps it move above the "danger zone" (the optimal temperature range for bacteria growth) more quickly during roasting. Stuffing baked outside of the turkey can be spread in the baking dish and refrigerated for a few hours while the turkey roasts, but it should be prepared on the same day as baking.
BREAD AND CELERY STUFFING
- Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into cubes.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until soft. Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated. Moisten with chicken broth; mix well.
- Chill, and use as a stuffing for turkey, or bake in a buttered casserole dish at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes.
weeknight time-to-make course preparation occasion casseroles main-dish side-dishes oven potluck fall holiday-event winter easter dietary christmas seasonal comfort-food inexpensive taste-mood to-go equipment 4-hours-or-less
People also searched
More recipes about dressing in a casserole or a bird
Dressing In A Casserole Or A Bird- TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comDressing In A Casserole Or A Bird DRESSING IN A CASSEROLE OR A BIRD this is a really good moist stuffing that takes the place of stove top. you can easily make it in a dish for dinner even if you arent making a turkey. goes great if you want to roast or bbq a chicken and have stuffing. however it is really good to stuff your bird too. i sometimes add a clove of garlic while sauteeing onion. ... Show details
Dressing In A Casserole Or A Bird Recipe Cards
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comRecipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by Sara Wahnsiedler Perry. Categories Main Dish Recipes Casserole Recipes. Time 1h5m. Yield 6. Number Of Ingredients: 7. Steps: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl combine the butter or margarine, sage and stuffing mix. Mix together and spread this mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 ... ... Show details
Dressing in a casserole or a bird recipe
Recipe From : recipenode.comDressing in a casserole or a bird bread, milk, onion, eggs, butter, celery, sage Ingredients 8 cups soft bread, cut in cubes 1 medium onion 1/4 cup finely chopped celery 1/4 cup finely chopped celery leaves 2 eggs 2 cups milk 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon ground sage 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage (optional) 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon instant bouillon ... ... Show details
Dressing In A Casserole Or A Bird Recipe Card
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comIn a medium bowl combine the butter or margarine, sage and stuffing mix. Mix together and spread this mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread cooked chicken over mixture. In the same bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup … ... Show details
Dressing in a casserole or a bird Recipe | ChampsDiet.com
Recipe From : champsdiet.comHealthy recipes - discover ChampsDiet healthy recipes, including healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Good food ideas, family meal recipes. ... Show details
10 Best Stuffing Casserole Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-07-07 · Zucchini Stuffing Casserole Life Currents Blog. stuffing mix, salt, flour, garlic powder, sliced carrots, medium zucchini and 7 more. Chicken and Stuffing Casserole!!! D.K.H. frozen mixed vegetables, stuffing, garlic cloves, sour cream and 3 more. ... Show details
Easy Stuffing Recipe - Spend With Pennies
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.com2018-10-19 · Stuffing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge in a casserole dish. If stuffing a turkey, stuffing should be room temperature or cool and not stuffed in the turkey until just before roasting. If you do stuff your turkey, remember to completely cool the stuffing first. If you don’t, the bird will sit at an unsafe cooking ... ... Show details
The BEST Classic Stuffing Recipe | foodiecrush .com
Recipe From : foodiecrush.comStuffing cooked outside the bird: To be sure there’s no contamination for your stuffing, cook it in a baking dish prepared with butter as noted in the recipe instructions below. When cooking outside the bird, drizzle with ¼ cup more stock and dot with 1-2 tablespoons more butter, so the stuffing doesn’t dry out in the oven. Bake covered with aluminum foil. ... Show details
Casserole Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comThe best casserole recipes. Make an easy, hearty dinner with recipes for chicken casserole, rice casserole, and more. ... Show details
Stuffing | The Best Blog Recipes
Recipe From : thebestblogrecipes.com2020-12-22 · While stuffing gets its name from being served literally stuffed inside a bird, the savory filling has taken on a life of its own as a delicious side dish. Traditionally served with holiday meals, stuffing appears alongside turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole. This classic may not be the star of the show, but it’s certainly a staple that most everyone will want a generous ... ... Show details
Chicken or Turkey & Stuffing Supreme Casserole - The ...
Recipe From : bakeatmidnite.com2014-11-16 · If using turkey, use only smaller drumsticks, wings or breast cutlets. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray or grease lightly a 1.5-2 quart baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup and milk, stirring until smooth. Add the dry poultry stuffing and the green beans. ... Show details
54 Dinner Casserole Recipes for Easy Family Meals
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comThis tasty, popular chicken enchilada casserole recipe is made with sour cream, diced chicken, mushrooms, peppers, tortillas, cheese, and seasonings. Start this Central Mexico-inspired casserole about 1 hour before serving time. The enchiladas are baked on a layer of sour cream and topped shredded cheese. 52 of 54. ... Show details
CHICKEN AND DRESSING CASSEROLE - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comhello everyone!! today i'm trying out this recipe for the first time. my family devoured this chicken and dressing casserole. this id a very good recipe for... ... Show details
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole | The Best Blog Recipes
Recipe From : thebestblogrecipes.com2021-06-08 · SEVENTH STEP: Bake casserole in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the stuffing is browned and the soup mixture is hot and bubbly.. EIGHTH STEP: Serve immediately.. Cooking Tips . The soup and/or the salted butter adds all of the salt needed for the recipe. If you are using a low-sodium soup or unsalted butter, add salt to taste. ... Show details
Classic Bread Stuffing | Culinary Hill
Recipe From : culinaryhill.com2021-03-14 · In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until foaming. Add onion and celery and sauté until translucent, about 7 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in large bowl. Stir in broth, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. ... Show details
Chicken And Dressing Casserole Recipe - DIY Joy
Recipe From : diyjoy.comChicken and dressing casserole is one of my favorite side dishes to have during the holidays, and it’s a southern classic. This chicken and dressing recipe by Ms. Brenda Dee on YouTube can be vegetarian friendly too if you leave out the chicken. I usually cook a vegetable dressing, but I think adding the chicken would bring out a lot of flavors and keeping it moist. ... Show details
Easy Turkey & Stuffing Casserole Bake Recipe - Budget Bytes
Recipe From : budgetbytes.com2011-11-13 · While the bacon is cooking, wash and cut the celery, onion, and apples into a dice. Add the onion, apples, celery, and garlic to the cooked bacon. Saute just until slightly softened (about five minutes). Turn off the heat and add the thyme, sage, freshly cracked pepper, and salt to taste. ... Show details
Best Chicken Stuffing Casserole Recipe - Food News
Recipe From : foodnewsnews.comStuffing is actually stuffed inside the cavity of the turkey and cooks at the same time as the bird and would need to be cooked to a temperature of 165 degrees to be considered safe to eat. Even though this homemade stuffing is technically dressing, but most people just know it as stuffing. Spread the contents of the first box of stuffing and 1/3 of the second box evenly across the bottom of a ... ... Show details
Tastee Recipe Country Chicken And Dressing Casserole - So ...
Recipe From : tasteerecipe.com2016-09-05 · Down south, we don’t put stuffing in the bird; we put the bird in the stuffing—lol, not really we make dressing and stuff it in our mouth. becky July 16, 2017 at 3:07 pm Reply I’ve been making this for years too, but add a layer of broccoli florets and sliced Swiss cheese in the middle. ... Show details
Easy, Delicious Casserole Recipes to Serve for an Ultra ...
Recipe From : sports.yahoo.com2021-07-21 · Cook sausage until fully cooked and crumbled well. Set aside 2. After sausage is fully cooked, cook eggs in 1 Tablespoon of the oil until fluffy. 3. In … ... Show details
Basic Bread Stuffing Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comThis recipe makes enough dressing to stuff a small (8 to 10-pound) turkey if you choose to cook the stuffing in the bird. If you do cook the stuffing in the turkey, make sure the stuffing registers at least 165 F in the center before removing the turkey from the oven. Remove all of the stuffing to a serving bowl. Do not store it in the turkey. ... Show details
How to Make Stuffing That'll Win Thanksgiving | Better ...
Recipe From : bhg.com2020-10-02 · Pull the neck skin to the back; fasten with a short skewer. Then bake an entire recipe of stuffing in a casserole dish instead of using it to stuff the bird. Bake the casserole, covered, in a 325°F oven 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Practice Proper Food Safety with Your Stuffing . If you don't have an accurate meat thermometer, cook the stuffing separately in a covered casserole ... ... Show details
13 Best CHICKEN AND DRESSING CASSEROLE ideas | chicken and ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comApr 4, 2017 - Explore Carol's board "CHICKEN AND DRESSING CASSEROLE" on Pinterest. See more ideas about chicken and dressing casserole, cooking recipes, chicken recipes. ...
Stuff It! Here Are All the Thanksgiving Stuffing Tips and ...
Recipe From : yummly.com2020-10-21 · Photograph by Olga Ivanova. Stuffing should be simple to get right. Some cubes of bread, perhaps some sausage (or oysters if you’re old school), finely cut aromatics, and a handful of herbs, then a gentle roast in a casserole, or — if you’re daring — a juicy turkey, with deliciousness to follow: to be smothered in gravy, speared with a bit of turkey, and a swipe of mashed potato for a ... ... Show details
Stuffing Casserole - The Cozy Cook
Recipe From : thecozycook.com2019-09-20 · ⭐PRO TIP⭐ If you prefer your stuffing extra moist, you may want to add slightly less than 14 oz. of stuffing, especially if you’re baking it in the oven.. Make-Ahead Method. This Stuffing Casserole can be assembled up to three days ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake. Let it sit out for 10-15 minutes prior to baking. You can also freeze it for up to three months and let it ... ... Show details
Chicken-and-Cornbread Casserole Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comSauté celery and onion in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender; set aside. Step 2 Combine cornbread and poultry seasoning in a large bowl. Step 3 ... Show details