these are easy to make and are the richest and fluffiest i have had!
Time: 25 minutes
- mix together in a bowl the flour , salt and baking powder
- bring to just a simmer in a small saucepan the butter and milk
- add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients
- stir with a fork or kneed by hand 2 to 3 times until the mixture just comes together
- divide the dough into about 16 small puffy dumplings
- roll each piece of dough into a small rough ball
- gently lay the formed dumplings on the surface of your stew or soup
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- serve immediately
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
My mother was one of the best cooks I ever knew. When she made stews we mostly found dumplings in them. We never ate things from packages or microwaves and you sure could taste what food was. That's the only way I cook today - I don't use any electronic gadgets to cook with except an electric stove.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Carol
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in medium size bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to make a soft dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls into boiling stew. Cover and simmer 15 minutes without lifting lid. Serve.
- To make parsley dumplings, add 1 tablespoon parsley flakes to the dry ingredients.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- ½ cup milk
Make and share this Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Christine Bettiga
Yield 16 Dumplings
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Bring to just a simmer in a small saucepan the butter and milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork or kneed by hand 2 to 3 times until the mixture just comes together.
- Divide the dough into about 16 small puffy dumplings.
- Roll each piece of dough into a small rough ball.
- Gently lay the formed dumplings on the surface of your stew or soup.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
Quick, easy and downright delicious...what's not to love about these classic Bisquick dumplings? They're a comforting choice for any day of the week and only take 5 minutes of prep! Believe us, these little bites are packed with irresistible flavor.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
- Stir ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto boiling stew; reduce heat.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 2
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2/3 cup milk
THE BEST CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS
Homemade chicken and dumplings from scratch harken back to my childhood and chilly days when we devoured those cute little balls of dough swimming in hot, rich broth. It's one of those types of soup you'll want to eat again and again. -Erika Monroe-Williams, Scottsdale, Arizona
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 quarts).
- In a shallow bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches on all sides; remove from pan., Add onion, carrots and celery to same pan; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in 1/4 cup flour until blended. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly. Stir in wine, sugar, bay leaves and peppercorns. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear., For dumplings, in a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (do not overmix). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; set aside., Remove chicken from stockpot; cool slightly. Discard bay leaves and skim fat from soup. Remove skin and bones from chicken and discard. Using 2 forks, coarsely shred meat into 1- to 1-1/2-in. pieces; return to soup. Cook, covered, on high until mixture reaches a simmer., Drop dumplings on top of simmering soup, a few at a time. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Gently stir in cream, parsley and thyme. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Number Of Ingredients: 25
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple cider
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
In the game forum I tagged recipes for Bisquick mix and also beef stew that required dumplings. This is the original dumpling recipe from BettyCrocker.com that I will be using.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by lauralie41
Yield 10 dumplings
- In a medium bowl add Bisquick mix and milk stirring until a soft dough forms.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto boiling stew and reduce heat.
- Cook dumplings uncovered for 10 minutes. Cover pot and cook an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 2
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
HOMEMADE DUMPLINGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Dumplings are intimidating (well, they can be). But they also are, in fact, delicious. No matter what you stuff them with, the concept of pillowy, soft dough encasing a luscious, super flavorful filling is enough to warm you up from inside to out. Well, with our homemade dumpling recipe, we're bringing that warm, fuzzy feeling right to your very own kitchen table.
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 24 dumplings
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the warm water and mix until well-combined.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough into a thin log and divide into 6 or 8 pieces, depending on the size of dumplings you want. Repeat with the remaining dough portions.
- Lightly flour the dough pieces and roll out 1 piece into a thin circle roughly 4-inches (10 cm) in diameter.
- Keep the dumpling wrappers separated with a small piece of parchment paper and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Combine the cabbage, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and mix until well-incorporated.
- For the pork filling, combine the ground pork with the remaining teaspoon of salt, the pepper and 1 cup (125g) of the cabbage mixture and stir until well-incorporated.
- For the veggie filling, combine the mushrooms and carrot and microwave for 3 minutes, until soft. Add 1 cup (125g) of the cabbage mixture and stir until well-incorporated.
- For the shrimp filling, combine the shrimp with 1 cup (125g) of the cabbage mixture and stir until well-incorporated.
- To assemble the dumplings, add roughly 1 heaping tablespoon of filling to the center of a dumpling wrapper. With your finger, lightly coat half of the outside of the wrapper with water. Fold the moistened half of the wrapper over the filling and, using your fingers, pleat the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining fillings and wrappers.
- Heat the oil over medium high in a large skillet and add a few dumplings, cooking them in batches. Once the bottoms of the dumplings start to brown, add a splash of water and cover with a lid. Steam for about 5 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked and the water has evaporated. Transfer the cooked dumplings to a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess moisture or grease.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper flakes and stir to combine. Serve the dumplings immediately with the dipping sauce.
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups green onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup mushroom, diced
- ¾ cup carrot, diced
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
More recipes about dumplings recipes
Dumpling Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comPelmeni are traditional Russian meat-filled dumplings. Making pelmeni is favorite family pastime in the long winter months. These dumplings are a common convenience food - big batches can be frozen and quickly boiled or fried on demand. ...Show details
Easy Drop Dumplings Recipe for Soups and Stews
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comThe simple dumpling dough recipe is similar to a biscuit, but the batter is dropped directly into a hot liquid instead of rolled, cut out, and baked. The dumplings are then steamed and boiled directly in the stew or soup in which they will be served, such as in the classic recipe for chicken and dumplings. ...Show details
Chicken and Dumplings Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comBring chicken and dumplings back to your dinner table with easy to prepare recipes and helpful tips from the expert chefs at Food Network. ...Show details
Easy Homemade Dumplings Recipe - Tablespoon.com
Recipe From : tablespoon.comJul 02, 2019 · When temperatures plummet and you’re craving something warm and cozy, you can’t go wrong with fluffy homemade dumplings. Don’t let their reputation for being fussy fool you. These dumplings may taste like they took all day in the kitchen but with just four ingredients and three simple steps, our homemade dumplings recipe … ...Show details
Easy-to-follow Recipes - Anne’s Old Fashioned Food Products
Recipe From : annesdumplings.comHere are easy-to-follow recipes for dishes you can make using Anne’s Dumplings and all of the other fine food products from Anne’s Old Fashioned Food Products. Some of my favorites include Southern comfort dishes like Chicken Noodle Soup , Baked Crackers , and So Good Dip … ...Show details
How to Make Dumplings From Scratch for Soup
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDec 19, 2018 · Chicken and dumplings might be one the South’s best comfort foods, but it turns out that soup dumplings are something of an international affair.They can be made with flour, rice, potatoes or cheese, and dropping dumplings into soup is a sure-fire way to reclaim the cozy, comforting feel of Grandma’s kitchen. Learning how to make dumplings for soup is an economical way to create a belly ... ...Show details
Dumplings | How to Make Perfect Dumplings For Stews
Recipe From : cookingnook.comMay 04, 2013 · Dumplings are a great change from potatoes or rice. Try beef stew with dumplings. The stew recipe is here. All of our potato, rice, noodle and other side dish recipes are here. If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your own favorite recipes … ...Show details
15 Asian Dumpling Dishes | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comJan 26, 2017 · Each of these flavorful dishes are comprised of a classic and traditional Asian recipe: dumplings! Also known as pot-stickers, these fried or steamed delicacies feature flavorful fillings with a soft dough wrapper that makes this a hearty dish for any appetite. Serve these dumplings in a heartwarming soup or alongside a bed of fried rice and noodles for a truly delicious dinner. ...Show details
Steamed Dumplings (Healthy Chinese Recipe) - Rasa Malaysia
Recipe From : rasamalaysia.comMar 16, 2020 · Instructions. Combine the ground pork, shrimp, chopped scallions, ginger, and all the seasonings together. Mix well and set aside. To make dumplings, place a small spoonful of the filling … ...Show details
Easy Dumplings - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comMay 02, 2015 · There are many variations of dumplings two of which are the "fluffy type" with baking powder allowing the dumplings to rise cake like on top of the stew; the other type is the "drop dumpling" with eggs that absorb the moisture of the entre' being cooked -- eggs are … ...Show details
Easy Southern-Style Chicken & Dumplings Recipe
Recipe From : pauladeen.comDrop dumplings into boiling stock. Never stir dumplings. Shake the pot gently in a circular motion to submerge dumplings in stock. Cook until the dumplings float and are no longer doughy, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook. Dumplings: Put flour/salt mixture in a mixing bowl. Beginning in center of flour, dribble a small amount of ice water. ...Show details
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe - Pillsbury.com
Recipe From : pillsbury.comJun 13, 2019 · In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat broth, chicken, soup and poultry seasoning to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring … ...Show details
Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings - Spend With Pennies
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.comSep 18, 2017 · DUMPLINGS Combine flour, baking powder, salt and shortening with a fork until shortening is mixed in. Add milk a little at a time and mix until combined (you may not need all of it, you want a soft but not sticky dough). Knead a few times on a floured surface until dough is smooth. ...Show details
Easy dumplings recipe | Jamie Oliver dumplings recipe
Recipe From : jamieoliver.comSep 16, 2015 · The dumplings will suck up quite a bit of moisture so if your stew looks dry, add a cup of boiling water and give it a good stir. Place the dumplings on top of your fully cooked stew and press down lightly so that they’re half submerged. Cook in the oven or on the hob over a medium heat with the lid on for 30 minutes. ...Show details
How to Make Chinese Dumplings | Omnivore's Cookbook
Recipe From : omnivorescookbook.comFeb 20, 2015 · The ultimate guide to making Chinese dumplings from scratch. The dough can be used for both boiled dumplings (shui jiao, 水饺) and potstickers (guo tie, 锅贴). The dumpling … ...Show details
Dumpling recipes - BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comDumpling recipes. 20 Recipes Magazine subscription – 5 issues for only £5 Make your own dumplings and add to stews and casseroles for an easy way to bulk up a family dinner. We have lighter options and vegetarian, too. Chicken & red wine casserole with herby dumplings. 135 ratings ... ...Show details
Dumplings recipe | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comMar 05, 2018 · Weigh the flour into a bowl and add ½ tsp salt. Stir through the suet and parsley, if using. Make a well in the centre and add 3 tbsp cold water, mix to a dough, adding more water until the dough is firm but pliable. Divide into eight equal pieces and roll in a little more flour into balls. ...Show details
Best Homemade Dumplings Recipe - How To Make Dumplings
Recipe From : delish.comSep 18, 2020 · Make the dough: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, and salt. Pour in boiling water and stir with chopsticks or a wooden spoon until moisture is mostly absorbed. ...Show details
10 Best Flour Egg Dumplings Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comApr 29, 2021 · Beef Stew with Red Wine and Dumplings Recipe Crock. dried rosemary, milk, bisquick, onions, diced tomatoes with juice and 13 more. Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings IngridStevens. crusty bread, grated Parmesan cheese, marinara sauce, … ...Show details