BREAD MACHINE ITALIAN EASTER BREAD
This is a modified Italian Easter bread made with a bread machine. Saves time, kneading, etc. The same ingredients are used but simplified by using a bread machine. This was a recipe handed down by my grandmother.
Provided by ededith
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 rings, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Add in order given above to bread machine. Process for dough cycle. Roll and shape into braided rings. Let rise. Bake at 340 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- This bread can also have colored raw eggs put in the braids before baking. They will cook to hard boiled egg stage. After baking, cool and frost with 2 cups powdered sugar mixed with approximately 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, then sprinkle with non-pareils.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 38.5, Sodium 161.8, Carbohydrate 43.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 18.5, Protein 4.5
EASTER BREAD IN THE BREAD MACHINE
- Mix according to your manufactures instructions.
- Adding the anise seeds after first kneading and signal.
- Add flour if needed or drop of milk if needed upon mixture, to form a nice soft ball of dough.
- Place on sweet bread setting dark crust.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2968.5, Fat 115.6, SaturatedFat 66.6, Cholesterol 817.6, Sodium 3362.2, Carbohydrate 411.6, Fiber 13.8, Sugar 68.5, Protein 68.2
ANISE EASTER BREAD BREAD MACHINE LOAF
just made this recipe today...came out too high first time, adjusted it and second loaf is perfect.....I couldn't be happier... I make this on dough cycle too or the Kitchen Aid , after rise is done, I form into a loose braid let rest for 45 to 60 minutes, brush with melted butter, then bake 350 degrees, 30 minutes. Glaze with a thick confectioners sugar and cream frosting , and sprinkle toasted almonds on top, or sprinkles.
Provided by andypandy
Yield 1 loaf, 14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place in order of your manufacturers instructions for your bread machine (makes 1 1/2 pound loaf).
- Place on sweet bread setting, light crust.
- Checking as mixing that it forms a smooth slight tacky ball of dough.
- If dough is sloppy, add a tsp, flour at a time.
- If dough is too hard like, add a tsp milk, at a time.
- Although at this time I did not have to adjust my dough upon mixing.
- Remove when completed baking, to a wire rack.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting with a serrated bread knife, or before storing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.7, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 63.9, Sodium 229.5, Carbohydrate 29.5, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 5.6, Protein 5
TSOUREKI - GREEK EASTER BREAD (BREAD MACHINE RECIPE)
Tsoureki is a sweet egg bread (similar to Challah) that is braided and decorated with dyed eggs for Greek Easter. This is my first time making it using this recipe (and the first time it came out properly!) - so I wanted to share. This recipe is made in the bread machine on the dough setting and then braided and baked in the oven. Adapted (very slightly) from this recipe: http://www.kitchenlink.com/cookbooks/2000/0385477775_3.html I listed the brands I used, but obviously you can use whatever you prefer. (I wrote my instructions for beginners like myself. If you know what you're doing, ignore my tangents!)
Provided by Teagan Murphy
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 12 slices, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the milk, 2 cups of flour, and yeast in the bread machine pan and process on the dough setting. (Mine takes around 1.5 hours).
- While the machine is working (no rush here - you have plenty of time) mix the other 2 cups of flour with the sugar, salt, orange zest, and the anise seed. (I couldn't find ground anise seed so I ground some up in my blender. A coffee grinder would work as well).
- Once the dough cycle is completed, add the flour mixture, olive oil, and eggs. Process again on the dough setting. (Another 1.5 hours! But for me, this is preferable to doing it by hand. My handmade dough ends up like a brick).
- Once the second cycle is completed, remove the dough to a well-floured surface. Punch down and form into a ball. (This is easy! I was scared because this is where I get into trouble - I tend to overwork things. Look it up on YouTube if you don't know how: http://youtu.be/5HW38Bn-hnI).
- Cover and let the dough rest for 15 minutes. (I left it on the counter top and covered it with paper towels).
- Now, divide the dough into three parts. Roll each piece into a rope and braid, working from the center to the ends. Pinch the ends together and turn under. (Once again, if you don't know how: http://youtu.be/YR6aIAh2Vt8 And if you don't feel like braiding it at all - I won't tell. It tastes wonderful no matter what the shape).
- Embed the dyed eggs (optional) in the folds of the braid. Cover and let the dough rise until doubled in bulk - about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. (Note: Mine came out a little dark on top so I'm gonna try 350 degrees next time.) Once the dough has risen, brush it lightly with the egg wash. (I sprinkled some whole anise seeds on top, but you don't have to do that. Some people use slivered almonds, but my family has allergies).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. (I slid the parchment paper directly onto a preheated pizza stone. My bread came out a little dark on the top, next time I'll drape some foil paper over it around 15 minutes in).
- Cool on a rack. Store in a brown bag for up to 3 days. (When it starts getting stale - if it lasts that long - you can make french toast with it. I recommend this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/dennys-style-french-toast-90674 So good!).
BULGARIAN EASTER BREAD (KOZUNAK), FOR BREAD MACHINE
I've been experimenting with my 2 lb bread machine to see if it can do the hard part in making kozunak, since it's so delicious, but a LOT of work. After much trial and error, this is what I came up with. The original recipe, from my Bulgarian mother-in-law, is posted separately.
Provided by Mymble
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 1 lb loaves
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Set the raisins to soak in the rum; I put them in a mug. I sometimes microwave 30 seconds to speed the process.
- Zest the lemon. Coarser is preferable, although I'm not about to give up my microplane.
- Juice HALF of the lemon.
- Add the zest, the juice of half the lemon, and all other ingredients (EXCEPT the raisins, rum, and nuts) to your bread machine, in the order specified by the manufacturer. I worried about the lemon juice curdling the milk, but it seems to work ok.
- Run the dough cycle on the bread machine. Add the drained raisins when it is time to include the add-ins. If your dough cycle has no add-in part of the cycle, do not add the raisins; work them into the dough later.
- Remove the dough and divide into two parts. For each part, divide in three; roll out into braidable strands and braid. If you didn't add the raisins earlier, work them into the dough and between the strands as you braid.
- Stud the two loaves with almonds.
- Let rise on a greased baking sheet in a warm place until about doubled in size. Preheat oven to 375.
- I bake for 20 minutes, glaze with sugar water (1/4 c sugar dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water), and bake 5 minutes more. You may prefer an egg glaze or something else. the total baking time should be about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the loaf is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2090.5, Fat 35.1, SaturatedFat 18.8, Cholesterol 285.3, Sodium 877.2, Carbohydrate 369.5, Fiber 14.2, Sugar 108.6, Protein 46.4
BREAD MACHINE EZEKIEL BREAD
In Ezekiel 4:9 in the Bible, there is a description of bread that Ezekiel was to live on for 390 days. I have tried another recipe on Allrecipes which did not turn out for me; however I have developed one that turned out great. I would like to share it with you.
Provided by CHARANN2
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place milk and water into a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 35 seconds. Pour mixture into bread machine. Add egg, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and honey.
- Grind black beans, lentils, kidney beans, and barley in a coffee grinder until fine. Combine grounds, unbleached flour, whole wheat flour, millet flour, rye flour, cracked wheat, wheat germ, and salt in the bread machine. Add yeast.
- Set bread machine on dough cycle.
- Remove and punch down dough once bread machine beeps. Roll dough out onto a pastry cloth. Grease a loaf pan with remaining olive oil. Shape dough into a loaf and place into the prepared pan. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Uncover dough and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake until browned, 30 to 35 minutes more. Let bread rest in the pan for 10 minutes; remove and let cool until ready to slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191.9 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 19.6 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 247.1 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
BEST BREAD MACHINE BREAD
- Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.9 calories, Carbohydrate 27.1 g, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 195.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
BREAD MACHINE GARLIC BREAD
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Basic Bread cycle; press Start.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.4 calories, Carbohydrate 26.9 g, Cholesterol 2.7 mg, Fat 1.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 303.3 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
GRANDMA NARDI'S ITALIAN EASTER BREAD
My Grandma Nardi's bread with dyed Easter eggs represents family and tradition. I fondly remember how she taught me the recipe when I was a little girl. -Pat Merkovich, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (16 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place 3 eggs in a single layer in a small saucepan; add enough cold water to cover by 1 in. Cover and quickly bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes., Rinse eggs in cold water and place in ice water until completely cooled. Drain; dye hard-boiled eggs with food coloring, following package directions. Let stand until completely dry., In bread machine pan, place the first 7 bread ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons additional milk or flour if needed., When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down dough; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 15-in. rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid. Shape into a ring. Pinch ends to seal. Lightly coat dyed eggs with oil; arrange on braid, tucking them carefully between ropes. For egg wash, whisk egg with water. Brush over dough; sprinkle with sesame seeds., Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°., Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 264mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "easter bread in the bread machine recipes"
BREAD MACHINE EASTER BREAD RECIPE - WALKING ON …
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory BreadCalories 204 per serving
BREAD MACHINE EASTER BREAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsServings 1Calories 208 per serving
ORANGE BREAD RECIPE FOR THE BREAD MACHINE
BREAD MACHINE RECIPES | RED STAR® YEAST
GRAMMY’S ITALIAN EASTER BREAD | ITALIAN EGG BREAD RECIPE FOR EASTER ...
BREAD MACHINE BREAD - EASIEST BREAD EVER - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
BREAD MACHINE COTTAGE CHEESE BREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY BREAD MACHINE PANETTONE BREAD - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
BABKA UKRAINIAN EASTER BREAD (BREAD MACHINE)- FOOD …
BREAD MACHINE ITALIAN EASTER BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN EASTER BREAD RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
BREAD MACHINE WHITE BREAD (EXTRA BUTTERY FLAVOR) - BREAD DAD
BREAD THAT’S PERFECT FOR EASTER BRUNCH | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
BREAD MACHINE EGG BREAD - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
THE BEST 29 BREAD MACHINE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BREAD MACHINE BREAD (THE RIGHT WAY) | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
ITALIAN EASTER SWEET BREAD RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
BREAD MACHINE | ALLRECIPES
FRETTING OVER YOUR EASTER PASKA? WITH BREAD MACHINE, NO KNEAD ...
BREAD MACHINE SWEET BREAD | ALLRECIPES
EASTER BREAD RECIPE IN A BREAD MACHINE WITH ICING (PASKA)
EASTER BREAD IN THE BREAD MACHINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MENNONITE PASKA (EASTER BREAD) - BREADMAKER VERSION
30 BEST BREAD MACHINE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
ANISE EASTER BREAD BREAD MACHINE LOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASTER BREAD IN A BREAD MACHINE - THE FOOD KOOKY
10 BEST BREAD MACHINE SWEET BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAST MINUTE BREAD MACHINE EASTER BREAD - APRIL J HARRIS
SUNBEAM BREAD MACHINE RECIPES – BAKE ANY TYPE OF BREAD WITH …
PASKA BREAD RECIPE (BREAD MACHINE) - FOOD MEANDERINGS
BREAD MACHINE BREAD - EASY AS CAN BE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASTER BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
RECIPE: RUSSIAN EASTER BREAD (BREAD MACHINE) - RECIPELINK.COM
PASKA BREAD (BREAD MACHINE) - FOOD MEANDERINGS | RECIPE | EASTER …
BREAD MACHINE WHITE BREAD – THE FLUFFIEST WHITE BREAD!
PASKA | KING ARTHUR BAKING
ITALIAN EASTER BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
BREAD MACHINE HOT CROSS BUNS FOR EASTER - IRISH AMERICAN MOM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #breads #lunch #eggs-dairy #bread-machine #european #holiday-event #easter #italian #yeast #equipment #small-appliance #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love