AMBROSIA PECAN PIE
Orange peel and coconut combine with pecans to make this a truly special and rich-tasting dessert. It always wins compliments at Christmas dinner. -Bernadine Stine, Roanoke, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, orange juice, butter, orange zest and salt until well blended. Stir in pecans and coconut. , Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 523 calories, Fat 31g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 249mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA APPLE PIE
- Line pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven; remove foil. Cool pastry shell., In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, butter, cornstarch and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in apples and lemon juice; cook and stir over low heat until apples are crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes. Pour into pastry shell. , In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, sugar, coconut, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until mixture is set. Cool on a wire rack. , For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over pie. Garnish with pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Nutrition Facts :
This is a no-bake, semi-frozen pie. The only "cooking" required is toasting the coconut. I just took it to a family reunion 4th of July picnic where there was tons of food - there was nothing left to take home except the pie server. I did not use the "extra serving size" pie crust and there was plenty of filling for 2 regular size pies - just add a little extra whipped topping before serving. Also, next time I make this recipe, I think I will cut each mandarin orange in half. I think it will distribute more evenly in the pie and won't be such a large frozen bite. I did leave out the maraschino cherries - 'cause my honey hates them. I crumbled up the pecan halves on top instead of leaving them whole.
Provided by Tatia 2
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons pineapple syrup.
- Gently press oranges and pineapple between paper towels to remove.
- excess moisture.
- Beat cream cheese mixture at med-high speed of an electric mixer until.
- creamy. Gradually add reserved pineapple syrup and sweetened condensed.
- milk, beating until smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Gently.
- fold in orange-pineapple mixture and coconut. Spoon filling into.
- crust. Cover; freeze until firm.
- Let pie stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Dollop.
- remaining 1 cup whipped topping on top of pie. Garnish, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4481.5, Fat 242.2, SaturatedFat 141.4, Cholesterol 384.4, Sodium 2825.4, Carbohydrate 537.9, Fiber 10.3, Sugar 458.2, Protein 65.5
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE
Orange peel and coconut combine with pecans to make this truly special and rich-tasting dessert. It always wins compliments at Christmas dinner.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, corn syrup, sugars, orange juice, butter, orange peel and salt until well blended. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If edges become too brown, cover with foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492.9 calories, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 28.7 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 232.1 mg, Sugar 29.4 g
Orange segments and apricot preserves in a crust of chopped pecans and sweetened flaked coconut. I found this recipe in McCalls No Time to Cook, copyright 1985. It does not provide any nutritional info. I plan to make this pie tonight. Will let everyone know how it turns out. I am concerned about sugar and fat content
Provided by sue_hotsprings2000
Yield 1 pie, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put pecans, coconut, 1/4 cup sugar and butter in small bowl and.
- toss with 2 forks until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and well.
- moistened with butter.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pecan-coconut mixture. Press remainder in 9" pie.
- plate, pressing evenly over the bottom and up the sides, forming a rim.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated 375F or until crust is lightly toasted.
- Remove crust from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Peel and remove white membrane from the oranges.
- Cut oranges crosswise in 1/4" slices and cut slices in half. There.
- should be about 4 cups of oranges.
- Put sugar and cornstarch in 2 qt saucepan. Mix well with wooden.
- Add orange juice, apricot preserves and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil.
- over med high, stirring constantly. Cook for a few minutes until thickened.
- When the filling becomes translucent it is done. Remove from heat.
- and set aside to cool.
- Layer orange slices in baked crust and poor cooled filling over top.
- Sprinkle reserved pecan-coconut crust mixture around edge of pie.
- Refrigerate pie overnight or at least 4 hours.
- To serve: decorate edges of pie with more coconut if desired and cut.
- into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.5, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 12.5, Cholesterol 27.1, Sodium 129.2, Carbohydrate 77.4, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 57.9, Protein 3.7
More about "ambrosia pecan pie recipes"
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA APPLE PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE WITH PECANS - MOMMA CAN
PALEO PECAN PIE - BAKED AMBROSIA
AMBROSIA PIE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE - JAMIE GELLER
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
GOLDEN AMBROSIA PECAN PIE - PLAIN.RECIPES
AMBROSIA PIE - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE | RECIPE | DELICIOUS PIES, DESSERTS, RECIPES
AMBROSIA WITH COCONUT AND TOASTED PECANS - REAL FOOD, MOSTLY …
KUNTRY CHARMS: AMBROSIA PIE BY PAULA DEEN - PINTEREST
AMBROSIA APPLE PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PERFECT PECAN PIE - JAMIE GELLER
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA COCONUT APPLE PIE WITH PECAN CREAM CHEESE …
RECIPES AND EASY MEAL: AMBROSIA PECAN PIE RECIPE.
AMBROSIA PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
AMBROSIA PIE - TIPPIN'S COPYCAT - YOU'RE GONNA BAKE IT AFTER ALL
AMBROSIA PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
RECIPES AND COOK: RECIPE AMBROSIA PECAN PIE
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE - REVIEW BY LAINAO1 - ALLRECIPES.COM
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE- WIKIFOODHUB
PIE AND TART RECIPES - BAKED AMBROSIA
PECAN PIE WITHOUT THE PECANS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUR CREAM PECAN AMBROSIA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY AMBROSIA PECAN SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
AMBROSIA PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, RECIPES, DELICIOUS PIES
GOLDEN AMBROSIA PECAN PIE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
AMBROSIA PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
AMBROSIA APPLE PIE | BLUE OWL TREATS
AMBROSIA PECAN PUMPKIN SCONES | PUMPKIN PECAN, AMBROSIA …
PECAN PIE RECIPE WITH ORANGE JUICE - FOOD NEWS
AMBROSIA PECAN PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA APPLE PIE RECIPE - TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love