My grandmother makes this every Christmas morning, and it's amazing. My husband hates eggs and he always has seconds, even my 1- and 2-year-old gobble this up. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Ingredients are forgiving; add your favorites or spice it up. Just make sure your veggies are not going to water it down.
Provided by Robynnsmom
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Generously grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sausage until crumbly and completely browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer cooked sausage to the prepared casserole dish.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in the same skillet over medium heat until liquid has been released and mushrooms are lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Mix mushrooms, eggs, bread, milk, Cheddar cheese, ham, spinach, flour, mustard powder, salt, butter, and basil together in a large bowl; pour over sausage. Cover casserole dish and refrigerate, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the strata comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.8 calories, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 255.6 mg, Fat 37.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 34.2 g, SaturatedFat 16.1 g, Sodium 1738 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA
We start this breakfast casserole the night before so it's ready for the oven the next day. That way, we don't have to deal with the prep and dirty dishes first thing in the morning! -Debbie Johnson, Centertown, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, place sausage mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cheese., In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard and milk; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight., Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats., Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 555mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
GRANDMA'S ANYTHING GOES STRATA
Grandma knew how to make a hearty meal out of leftover bits of bread and cheese. This recipe is meant for riffing, so use any type of cheese, leafy greens, meat or bread you happen to have on hand.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, half-and-half, nutmeg, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a large bowl. Fold the greens, meat, bread and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese into the mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until the strata is puffed, golden brown at the edges and set in the center, about 15 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare the pan: Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan. Build the layers: Add half the bread cubes to the pan. Sprinkle half the sausage and half the cheese on top. Repeat with another layer of bread, sausage and cheese. Make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until beaten. Whisk in the milk, mustard, salt and black pepper until well-blended. Pour the mixture in the pan over the bread. Gently press down on the bread with the back of a fork or a spatula to help the bread absorb the liquid. Refrigerate the strata: Lightly cover the strata, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the strata from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. (Putting the strata right in the oven can be risky- the sudden change of temperature can cause some pans to crack or break). Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Bake the strata: Bake for 50 to 65 minutes, or until the center appears set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
EASY STRATA AND VARIATIONS
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and set aside.
- Whisk half-and-half, eggs, salt and pepper until smooth. Spray a 9-by-13-inch Pyrex or ceramic baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Line bottom with 6 slices of bread. Scatter half of the ham, and half of the mushrooms over the bread, then sprinkle with half of the scallions and cheese. Pour 1 cup of egg mixture over the top. Repeat layers with remaining bread, ham, mushrooms, cheese and scallions. Slowly pour remaining egg mixture evenly over top. Cover with plastic wrap, then weight down casserole with 3 16-ounce cans for at least 15 minutes to submerge ingredients. (Can be refrigerated overnight, but return to room temperature before baking.)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Bake in preheated 325-degree oven until custard is just set, about 50 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until strata is spotty brown and puffy (watch carefully), about 5 minutes longer. Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes, then serve immediately.
Ham, zucchini, mushrooms and cheese flavor this rich, hearty egg dish. It looks irresistible on a breakfast or lunch buffet, and it's easy to cut into neat squares. Make sure you bring the recipe-everyone will want it! -Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ham; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry. , In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture., Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 22g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 211mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
EASY SAUSAGE STRATA
This strata is really easy to make. Put it together the day before, then just remove from the refrigerator and bake. Ham or bacon can be substituted for the sausage. Sometimes I add cooked chopped broccoli for a change of pace.
Provided by LISAJANI
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Layer bread cubes, sausage, and Cheddar cheese in a lightly greased 7x11 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and mustard. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cube mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 206.5 mg, Fat 27.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 1195 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
FRENCH ONION BREAKFAST STRATA
- Rub a small splash of olive oil across an 8-inch baking dish, or equivalent.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, onion dip mix, and milk. Add the eggs and whisk well again. Arrange the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Very slowly, drizzle the liquid mixture over the bread and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and place a rack in the center. Bake the strata, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, until the egg is set and puffy and the edges are golden brown. (Cut into it to be sure it is well cooked.)
- Serve the strata warm, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with chives.
More about "easy breakfast strata recipes"
CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST STRATA | AN EASY OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THIS QUICK STRATA RECIPE IS GREAT FOR BRUNCH - THE SPRUCE EATS
7 OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPRINGFORM PAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BREAKFAST STRATA | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
FLUFFY STRATA RECIPE (OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE)
STRATA RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
20 EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES - PEANUT BLOSSOM
BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - PLATTER TALK
STRATA RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
BREAKFAST STRATA INA GARTEN - CHEFS & RECIPES
EASY 6 INGREDIENT STRATA RECIPE | INSTANT POT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
STRATA RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE | CASSEROLE WITH BREAD - AMY K. FEWELL
10 BEST ITALIAN BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH BACON (BREAKFAST STRATA ... - THE …
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
BREAKFAST STRATA - SUPER EASY. THE PERFECT PREP AHEAD DISH FOR ...
20 GREAT STRATA RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL | MYRECIPES
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA - BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPES
LOADED OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY STRATA RECIPE - DIABETIC FOODIE
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
EASY WEEKEND BREAKFAST STRATA FROM LANA'S COOKING
HOW TO MAKE A BREAKFAST STRATA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
STRATA CASSEROLE BREAKFAST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST STRATA WITHOUT A RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA – CHEF VEERA
EASY BREAKFAST FOR A CROWD: SPRING STRATA WITH ASPARAGUS AND …
EASY BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BREAKFAST STRATA (WITH FILLINGS YOU CHOOSE) - TWO KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
BEST BREAKFAST STRATA RECIPE - DELISH
SIMPLE BREAKFAST STRATA - AMERICAN EGG BOARD
You'll also love