EASY CLOTTED CREAM
A tasty alternative to the real thing. Heavy cream is lightly sweetened, whipped until stiff, and mixed with a little sour cream for flavor. Serve with scones or fruit.
Provided by Hunter StClaire
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Using a whisk attachment on the mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Remove from mixer, and hand whisk in the sour cream and confectioners' sugar until just combined. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 13 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 16.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
EASY DEVONSHIRE CREAM
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and salt. Beat in cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.3 g, Cholesterol 26.2 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 31.1 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
- Set a coffee filter basket, lined with a filter, in a strainer, over a bowl. Pour the cream almost to the top of the filter. Refrigerate for 2 hours. The whey will sink to the bottom passing through the filter leaving a ring of clotted cream. Scrape this down with a rubber spatula and repeat every couple of hours until the mass reaches the consistency of soft cream cheese.
- Heat the cream in a heavy sauté pan and gently on the lowest heat for 5-6 hours, by which time it will have a rich, deep-yellow, wrinkled crust (use a diffuser mat if necessary). The cream must not boil or simmer.
- Let the cream cool overnight, but preferably not in a fridge (I leave it in a cold pantry).
- Next day, lift off the crust, or "clout" as my Cornish son-in-law calls it. Spoon the cream into sterilized glass jars, cover, and store in the fridge. The clotted cream is on top; thick cream left over when the clotted cream is removed can be used as heavy cream and it keeps for ages-several weeks at least.
- If your stove doesn't go low enough, then put the cream into an earthenware bowl, set it in a bain-marie, and proceed as above.
Living in Germany I do miss the odd cream tea, so if you feel the same you'll love this recipe. Not quite as good as the original, but it does come jolly close!
Provided by potnoodles
Yield Makes Jar
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Pour the cream or milk into a wide double saucepan or bowl and place over some hot water on your cooker.
- Leave the water to simmer for 2-3 hours.
- When the cream or milk has developed a thick bubbly layer on top, remove from the stove and cool in a cool place first and then in the fridge for several hours.
- Once the cream has cooled through, carefully lift off the top layer and place in a different container. It should make approx. 150 g. of delicious clotted cream for you to enjoy!
More about "easy clotted cream recipes"
EASY CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE (WHAT WORKS…AND WHAT …
4.5/5 (67)Total Time 22 hrs 5 minsServings 1
EASY HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM, DEVONSHIRE CREAM
4.4/5 (284)Category All RecipesServings 2Total Time 5 mins
- Add the powdered sugar and the mascarpone cheese to the bowl and beat until combined and fluffy. Do not beat too much or it will start turning into butter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving for the best texture.
EASY HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
4.5/5 (32)Total Time 16 hrs 1 minCategory Afternoon Tea, Cream TeaPublished 2019-11-14
CLOTTED CREAM FOR LAZY PEOPLE | MYRECIPES
40 HEAVY CREAM RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH HEAVY …
CLOTTED CREAM ~ NOT JUST FOR CREAM TEAS YOU KNOW!
STOVE TOP CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE | EASY RECIPE! - THE VIEW …
QUICK & EASY CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - EVERYTHING MIXED
CLOTTED CREAM RECIPES - BBC FOOD
VANILLA CLOTTED CREAM FUDGE | PACKED LUNCH RECIPES
HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM - AN EASY RECIPE - THE …
CHEATS CLOTTED CREAM - LITTLE FIGGY FOOD
HOW TO MAKE CLOTTED CREAM - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
CHEATER'S DEVONSHIRE CREAM RECIPE - FEARLESS FRESH
CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - HOMEMADE IN THE SLOW COOKER …
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC BRITISH CLOTTED CREAM - MERAKI …
CLOTTED CREAM | EASY TO MAKE AT HOME - LAVENDER AND …
SLOW COOKER CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - KITCHEN HEIRLOOMS
MAKE CLOTTED CREAM IN A SLOW COOKER - FEARLESS FRESH
THE OLD FASHIONED WAY: CLOTTED CREAM AND SCONE RECIPE
DEVON CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
HOW TO MAKE CLOTTED CREAM - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
HOW TO COOK: CLOTTED 11 RECIPES WITH PHOTO. FOODLEZ
CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
FAST(ISH) CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - MASHED
CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
EASY CLOTTED CREAM RECIPES | GOODTO
10 BEST CLOTTED CREAM DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE MARTHA STEWART : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
EASY MASCARPONE CREAM RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
EASY CLOTTED CREAM ICE CREAM RECIPE - INTERNATIONAL DESSERTS BLOG
CLOTTED CREAM - FRIENDSHIP BREAD KITCHEN
EASY BUTTERMILK SCONES (WITH CLOTTED CREAM) - OUT OF THE BOX BAKING
HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM - TALES FROM THE KITCHEN SHED
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM (OVEN METHOD)
HOW TO MAKE MOCK DEVONSHIRE (CLOTTED) CREAM
HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
5 EASY CLOTTED CREAM RECIPES TO DIY YOURSELF - BREWED LEAF LOVE
EASY TO MAKE CLOTTED CREAM - DOWNTON ABBEY COOKS
You'll also love