ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
Herb-coated roasted chicken is served with a bounty of roasted vegetables and beans in this Mediterranean-inspired main dish. Serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Healthy Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two 15x10x1-inch baking pans with foil; set aside. Combine parsley, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt and ground pepper in a small bowl. Place chicken on one of the prepared pans. Sprinkle with half of the herb mixture. Combine mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place mushroom mixture on the other prepared baking pan.
- Roast chicken and vegetables 30 minutes, stirring vegetable mixture once. If chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F), remove from oven and cover to keep warm; if not, continue roasting until done. Add asparagus, beans, tomatoes, olives, balsamic vinegar and the remaining herb mixture to the vegetables in pan; stir to combine. Continue to roast about 15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- To serve, cut chicken into bite-size pieces; combine with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 161.3 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 523.6 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
One of our go-to recipes for chicken breast that we make often during the week because it's so easy. Chicken breast gets marinated in Mediterranean flavors like lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs and then baked in the oven.
Provided by Silke
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides and place in a bowl or lidded container. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl and pour marinade over chicken breasts. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Set one oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish and pour marinade on top.
- Bake chicken on the middle rack of the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 35 to 45 minutes, depending upon thickness. Move baking dish to the top rack and broil chicken until well browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 calories, Carbohydrate 3.5 g, Cholesterol 129.2 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 47.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 191.3 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE
Crazy Good Mediterranean chicken bake is a low-carb, keto-friendly, one dish meal with tomatoes, artichokes, zucchini, balsamic vinaigrette and a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese.
Provided by Marjory Pilley
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish or sheet pan lined with foil. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Layer tomatoes, artichokes and zucchini on top of the chicken.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic and evenly pour over the everything.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and temperature reaches 165 °F.
- Top with feta cheese before serving and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 kcal, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 37 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 99 mg, Sodium 672 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN
A great casserole with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Easy to prepare in your oven. Goes nicely with a loaf of Italian bread and a glass of wine.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Cook rotini according to package directions and drain.
- Cook shallots in butter in skillet for 1 minute, then add the flour, stirring to mix.
- Whisk in the chicken broth gradually.
- Add the mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring until the cheese melts and mixes in.
- Stir in the cooked rotini, chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve garnished with more chopped parsley if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.2, Fat 20, SaturatedFat 9.9, Cholesterol 90.2, Sodium 428.9, Carbohydrate 35, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 2.2, Protein 31.1
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN TRAY BAKE
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the peppers and onion on a big baking tray with half the oil. Transfer to the oven and cook on the top shelf for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, carefully make a pocket between the skin and the flesh of each chicken breast, but don't pull off the skin completely. Push equal amounts of cheese under the skin, smooth the skin back down, brush it with the rest of the oil, season, then add to the tray along with the tomatoes and olives. Return to the oven and cook for 25-30 mins more until the chicken is golden and cooked. Serve with baked potatoes, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 0.63 milligram of sodium
EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
"Friends and family love this. I made it healthier, but it tastes just as good." Kara Zilis - Oak Forest, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes., Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 724mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE BAKED CHICKEN
This dish is fragrant, tender, and hard to pass up. It also works well as a picnic item, made a day ahead. From the Culinary Institute of America.
Provided by MilanzMom
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine chicken, prunes, olives, wine, vinegar, oil, oregano, capers, garlic, chili pepper flakes, salt, and bay leaves. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours. If marinating overnight, combine ingredients in a zip-top bag, seal and refrigerate.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a casserole dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the chicken. Transfer the pan to the oven to bake.
- Bake until chicken is cooked white throughout and top is golden-brown, 40-50 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces to a plate and top with the remaining pan juices.
- Remove bay leaves before sprinkling basil over the chicken. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.1, Fat 30.6, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 138.6, Sodium 562.7, Carbohydrate 42.3, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 34.8, Protein 31.1
ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in microwave oven on High setting for 2 minutes; turn potatoes over (watch for steam) and cook 2 more minutes on High. Set potatoes aside.
- Mix together the Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Place the chicken pieces into the prepared baking dish, and generously brush chicken with about 1 cup of the mixture. Arrange the potatoes, tomatoes, and garlic cloves around the chicken. Brush the vegetables with the remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with rosemary and olives.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.7 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 95.1 mg, Fat 29.4 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 32.2 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1024.7 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN WITH LEMON
While visiting our daughters in Ohio, we celebrated by cooking a wonderful Lebanese dinner. I showed my daughters how to bake chicken with garlic roasted potatoes. We finished with our homemade baklava. -Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade., Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange lemon slices in two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken over lemon slices. Mix spice blend ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Fat 26g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 469mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
Bring the Mediterranean to your table with this simple chicken dish. Tomatoes, tapenade and basil come together in this quick dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place chicken breasts on sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of the salt evenly over chicken breasts; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the basil; press lightly. Turn chicken breasts over. Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Pound chicken with rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and tapenade to skillet. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to soften and mixture is heated through. Serve tomato mixture over chicken; top with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "easy mediterranean baked chicken recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN DINNER | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (74)Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 90 per serving
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
GARLIC LEMON HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN + POTATOES (ONE PAN)
FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPES & TRAVEL DESTINATIONS - SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
21 BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
JUICY BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE (W/ CHICKEN RUB) | THE …
ITALIAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN - CRAVE-WORTHY
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE (PALEO) - LOVE FOOD NOURISH
10 BEST BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - YUMMLY
MEDITERRANEAN OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - ANNABEL KARMEL
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE - COCO AND ASH - EASY RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS - POOK'S PANTRY RECIPE BLOG
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN THIGHS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
MIDDLE EASTERN ROASTED CHICKEN - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE (20 MINS!) | WHOLESOME YUM
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE WITH TOMATOES & FETA
MEDITERRANEAN ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DUMP-AND-BAKE MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN - THE SEASONED MOM
DINNER TONIGHT: MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN - THE CLEVER CARROT
QUICK AND EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - DIMITRAS DISHES
EASY SKILLET MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN - GREAT WEEKNIGHT DINNER!~
BAKED LEMON HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH …
EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN W/ MARINADE + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
10 BEST MEDITERRANEAN STYLE CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEK GRILLED CHICKEN LEGS – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
BEST MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ALLRECIPES - EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN | WHOLE30 - COOKING WITH BLISS
You'll also love