PATTY'S TOFU BURGERS
This is a special recipe for me. My first veggie burger from scratch! It is low cal, great tasting and easy. I make a bowl of this mix and leave it in the fridge so my husband can pat out a burger and quickly cook it on his lunch break. Enjoy:)
Provided by pattyward555
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth. Mix in the tofu, celery, onion, chili powder, cumin, curry paste, garlic, and oats with your hands until the tofu has broken into fine pieces, and the mixture is evenly blended. Form into 8 patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until crispy and golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 82.5 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
This recipe uses tofu that has been frozen for 72 hours and then quickly defrosted. Onion, celery and cheese make these burgers delicious. This is a family favorite at the Silverwolfs' den. Serve in place of meat as a main entree or place on a bun along with your favorite toppings: lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, etc. These burgers can also be baked in an oven preheated at 350 degrees for 30 minutes rather than frying.
Provided by SILVERWOLF
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place tofu in freezer 72 hours ahead of time. To thaw, fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a simmer. Leave tofu in package and place in water for about 20 minutes.
- While tofu is thawing, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a small skillet. Saute onion and celery until soft and lightly browned. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- When tofu is thawed, squeeze out excess water. Chop tofu finely and place in bowl with onion and celery. Mix in egg, cheese, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in 1/2 cup vegetable oil (oil should be 1/4 inch deep). Drop tofu mixture into pan in 6 equal portions. Flatten with a spatula to form patties. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 28 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 59.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
SMOKED TOFU VEGAN BURGER
Pack a flavour punch with this vegan sweet potato, cashew and tofu burger. It takes a little effort, but it's well worth the prep time once you taste it
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Put the sweet potato in a microwaveable bowl, cover with cling film and cook on high for 3 mins until soft. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the onion with a big pinch of salt until soft, around 5 mins. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 2 mins more, then set aside. Blitz the tofu with the cashews in a blender, then tip in the sweet potato and fried onions. Season and blitz again until combined. Shape into four burger patties and set aside in the fridge on a lined baking tray while you make the slaw.
- Make the slaw by combining the ingredients in a bowl, then set aside until needed. When you're ready to fry the patties, mix the mustard with the soy milk in one bowl, then mix the remaining coating ingredients in another bowl. In turn, take each patty and dip into the flour mixture, then into the soy milk mixture, then back into the flour mixture. Repeat this again so you get a really nice crust on the patties.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large frying pan over a medium-high heat - you want the oil to come about 2cm up the side of the pan. Once hot, use a spatula to carefully add the patties and gently fry for 1 min on each side until crispy, then leave to drain on kitchen paper. Serve the burgers in burger buns, topped with the slaw and drizzled with the mayo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 865 calories, Fat 36 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 98 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 32 grams sugar, Fiber 16 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.6 milligram of sodium
- Put the tofu on to press for 20 minutes. Either use a tofu press or place the tofu on a plate with another plate on top of it and then place something heavy on top like a heavy pot.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- When pressed, cut the tofu into four square burgers.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the tofu burgers evenly on the parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the tofu over after 15 minutes.
- Mix up the marinade sauce by adding soy sauce, maple syrup, peanut butter and garlic powder to a bowl and whisking together.
- When the burgers have finished baking, brush marinade sauce generously onto both sides of the burgers and leave them to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a pan with a little oil and when hot, add the tofu burgers to the pan and fry on each side until golden.
- Brush on more marinade sauce while the tofu is frying. The tofu burgers are ready to serve.
- Mushroom sauce: Add sliced mushrooms and soy sauce to a skillet, cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium high.
- When the mushrooms have released their water and are bubbling away remove the lid and let the excess water cook off.
- When the water is mostly evaporated, pour in the coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing the cornstarch with a little coconut cream or water until smooth.
- Pour it into the sauce and mix it in. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Prepare your hamburger buns, adding lettuce, sliced tomato and pickles.
- Add the tofu burger, top it with mushroom sauce and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serve, Calories 484 kcal, Sugar 8 g, Sodium 1252 mg, Fat 30 g, SaturatedFat 20 g, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 22 g, UnsaturatedFat 9 g
THE BEST TOFU BURGER
I really think I nailed this finally after years of mediocre veggie burgers, My youngest son (although I wouldn't say he had refined taste buds) declared these as good as meat burgers and that's what he usually eats. Fairly firm, good texture, great taste. Freezing the tofu is the key. Please do let me know what you think if you try them
Provided by FranBow
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 8 burgers, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine in food processor til well combined but not mushy.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Fry 5 mins per side until brown and crispy.
- or bake 20-25 min @ 375.
- I served mine with arugula, tomato, red onion and goat cheese. What an awesome combination.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.4, Fat 12.6, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 313.3, Carbohydrate 20.4, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 5.4, Protein 12.1
IRISH COFFEE POTS DE CRèME
You can make these decadant Irish coffee cups in minutes!
Provided by louisa-shafia
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Heat the milk in a small pan over moderate heat until it comes to a boil. In a blender or food processor, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons of sugar, espresso powder, a pinch of salt, semisweet chips and whiskey using the low setting. Pour in the boiling milk in a slow stream. The hot milk will cook the egg and melt the chocolate. Process or blend for 1 minute, until smooth. Spoon into teacups or champagne glasses and chill. When ready to serve, whip the cream until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle in the remaining tablespoon of sugar and combine. Top the chocolate-filled teacups with whipped cream. Place the cups on the saucers and serve with teaspoons.
SUPERIORITY BURGER'S CRISPY FRIED TOFU SANDWICH
Ranging from silken and creamy to firm and chewy, tofu comes in many forms and is prized around the world for its versatility. In this recipe, which is adapted from the "Superiority Burger Cookbook" (W.W. Norton & Company, 2018) by chef Brooks Headley, extra-firm tofu is pressed, marinated, breaded and fried, to make the "tofu-fried tofu" sandwich at Superiority Burger, his popular vegetarian restaurant in New York City. To achieve a dense tofu patty with plenty of flavor and bite, Mr. Headley starts with extra-firm tofu, presses out any excess liquid, then marinates it in a spicy pickle juice brine. It's then double-battered and deep-fried until crisp. This sandwich is best enjoyed on a sunlit stoop in the East Village, just steps outside Superiority Burger, but it's also achievable in any home kitchen.
Provided by Alexa Weibel
Categories dinner, lunch, sandwiches, main course
Yield 6 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Prepare the marinated tofu: Line a baking sheet with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Cut the tofu crosswise into two rectangles that are each about 2 1/2 inches wide and 4 inches long. Slice each rectangle into three 1/2-inch thick slabs and arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Cover the sliced tofu with more towels and gently press each piece to extract some of the moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine the pickle juice, hot sauce, mustard and gochugaru.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high heat until shimmering. Sear the tofu to form a golden-brown crust, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Immediately drop the hot tofu into the pickle juice mixture. Refrigerate and let the tofu marinate for at least a few hours, or even overnight.
- Prepare the fried tofu: In a medium shallow bowl, stir the mustard with 1/4 cup water until it's the consistency of heavy cream and set aside. In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven or sturdy pot, heat 2 inches of grapeseed oil over medium heat and set a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Remove the tofu from the brine and pat dry. Dip the tofu in the mustard mixture, turning until coated all over, then the flour mixture; dip it again in the mustard then flour until twice coated. When the oil temperature reaches 350 degrees, carefully place the battered tofu into the hot oil and fry, flipping as needed, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer the fried tofu to the wire rack and sprinkle with a little salt.
- To serve, toast the buns and spread generously with mayo and dot with hot sauce, if desired. Top with fried tofu, cabbage and dill pickles, and eat immediately.
Good served on a bun with lettuce, tomato etc. May be reheated in the oven the next day if any are left over. Note the seasonings are approximate.
Provided by Jeri Roth Lande
Yield 10 burgers, 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mash tofu.
- Add the other ingredients and mix.
- Form into patties.
- Fry in hot peanut oil in a frying pan or griddle.
- Turn over when browned on one side and cook until the other side is browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 105.8, Sodium 664.9, Carbohydrate 16.6, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 2.6, Protein 26.1
More about "tofu burgers recipes"
MEGA VEGGIE BURGER | VEGETABLE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
TOFU BURGERS | RECIPES | DR. WEIL'S HEALTHY KITCHEN
TOFU BURGERS | METRO
EASY VEGAN TOFU VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST TOFU BURGERS VEGAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE BBQ TOFU BURGER - MY PURE PLANTS
TOFU-MUSHROOM BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TOFU BURGER - HOUSE FOODS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
VEGAN MUSHROOM AND TOFU BURGERS + VIDEO! - MINDFUL AVOCADO
10 BEST TOFU BURGERS VEGAN RECIPES - YUMMLY
TOFU BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TOFU BURGER | KATHY'S VEGAN KITCHEN
TOFU BURGER: FOR VEGGIE AND MEAT EATERS ALIKE
TOFU BURGER RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE | THE BEACHBODY BLOG
BREADED TOFU BURGERS | RICARDO
TOFU BURGERS - THE VEGGIE TABLE
GRILLABLE TOFU BURGERS - 101 COOKBOOKS
MISO TOFU BURGERS | HIKARI MISO
RECIPES TOFU BURGER | SOSCUISINE
TOFU BURGER RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
DELUXE TOFU BURGERS | CANADIAN LIVING
TOFU WALNUT BURGER | SOYA & TOFU RECIPES | SUNRISE SOYA
TOFU CHEESEBURGERS | RICARDO
CRISPY TOFU BURGERS WITH RAINBOW VEGETABLES - SHIVANI LOVES FOOD
CRISPY TOFU BURGERS RECIPE | YOUR ULTIMATE MENU
KOREAN BARBECUE TOFU BURGERS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
SWEET AND SPICY TOFU BURGERS FROM THE FITCHEN
EASY VEGAN CHIPOTLE TOFU BURGERS - COOKING FOR PEANUTS
TOFU BURGERS - EASY VEGAN RECIPE - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
BEST EVER VEGAN BBQ TOFU BURGER (EASY RECIPE) | THE GREEN LOOT
RECIPE OF PERFECT TOFU BURGERS - AFERRERA
INDIAN SPICED BLACK BEAN & TOFU BURGERS - STEAMY KITCHEN RECIPES …
SUPER FOOD TOFU BURGER VIDEO | JAMIE OLIVER
TOFU BURGER TOFUTURE
TOFU BURGERS WITH SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - GOOD TO | DINNER …
VIETNAMESE-STYLE TOFU BURGER RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SPICY TOFU BURGERS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
THAI TOFU BURGERS WITH THAI RED CURRY DRESSING - COOKING FOR …
EASY VEGAN TOFU BURGERS • RECIPES AND PLACES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #beans #vegetables #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #sandwiches #soy-tofu #carrots #squash #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make tofu burger patties?Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth. Mix in the tofu, celery, onion, chili powder, cumin, curry paste, garlic, and oats with your hands until the tofu has broken into fine pieces, and the mixture is evenly blended. Form into 8 patties. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
How long to bake frozen tofu burgers?These burgers can also be baked in an oven preheated at 350 degrees for 30 minutes rather than frying. This recipe uses tofu that has been frozen for 72 hours and then quickly defrosted. Onion, celery and cheese make these burgers delicious.
What are some good recipes to make with tofu?Add the diced onions, diced green onions, wheat germ, flour, garlic powder, soy sauce, and a dash of pepper into the bowl along with the tofu. Mix to combine well.
How to cook tofu with onions?Once your tofu is well pressed and drained, gently mash it into small crumbles in a large bowl. Add the diced onions, diced green onions, wheat germ, flour, garlic powder, soy sauce, and a dash of pepper into the bowl along with the tofu.