MUSHROOMS WITH A SOY SAUCE GLAZE
- Melt the butter in skillet over medium heat; add the mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms have softened and released their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic; continue to cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce; cook the mushrooms in the soy sauce until the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 calories, Carbohydrate 5.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 386.9 mg, Sugar 2 g
BEEF WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
I'm into quick and easy these days and this popped into my head when I was trying to think of something fast for dinner last night. This would be good with green beans or a salad on the side. Note that the 45 minute cooking time is a little deceptive because you can cut the onions and mushrooms while browning the meat.
Provided by h_metts
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet cook beef until it is cooked through and well browned.
- Remove beef from skillet and deglaze the pan with 2/3 of the wine, add the bouillon and reduce the sauce.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the sauce and cook until mushrooms and onions are tender.
- Add cooked beef to the onions and mushrooms and add the remaining wine.
- Cook until the wine has reduced add the cooked rice and blend everything together.
TOURNEDOS OF BEEF IN MUSHROOM, MUSTARD AND RED WINE SAUCE WITH CARAMELIZED ONION-POTATO GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread on a work surface and using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut a round crouton from the center of each piece of bread. Brush both sides of the croutons with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the croutons on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over high heat. Season the fillets with salt and press the coarsely cracked black pepper onto 1 side of each fillet. Place the fillets pepper-side down into the skillet and sear until golden brown, turn the fillets over and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Remove the steaks to a plate. Remove all but 3 tablespoons of the fat in the pan and return to high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown and their liquid has evaporated. Add the shallots and cook until soft. Add the red wine and reduce by half. Add the broth and cook until reduced by half. Whisk in the mustard and butter and cook for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place each fillet on top of a crouton and spoon some of the sauce over.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook slowly until caramelized. Add the garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch baking pan a place a layer of potatoes on the bottom and season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1/5 of the onion mixture over the potatoes and top with 1/4 cup of the heavy cream and a tablespoon of parsley. Repeat to make 5 layers. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the potatoes. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and the cream has been absorbed.
HAMBURGER STEAKS WITH ONION AND MUSHROOM GRAVY
This recipe is an update of the classic Salisbury steak. With additions like smoked paprika in the beef mix and lightly caramelized onions in the gravy, this version will be a new family favorite to enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the hamburger steaks: Whisk together the mustard, smoked paprika, egg, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix in the ground beef and breadcrumbs by hand, then form into 4 oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Set a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the patties and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the patties to a plate; set aside.
- For the onion and mushroom gravy: Turn the heat down to medium and add the mushrooms and thyme. Cook until the mushrooms release their liquid and are browned, about 8 minutes. (The mushrooms might seem dry at first, but will eventually release liquid and add moisture to the pan.) Transfer the mushrooms to a plate; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent and lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, until the butter and liquid are absorbed, about 1 minute. Pour the broth and Worcestershire into the pan and stir until the flour is dissolved.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir the mushrooms back into the pan and nestle in the beef patties. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium low. Let simmer until the sauce has thickened and a thermometer inserted into the patties registers 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the patties over a few times to coat in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and top with the parsley.
BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS AND GLAZED ONIONS
- Place marrow bones in large bowl. Cover with ice water. Refrigerate overnight. Drain bones. Using small sharp knife, push marrow out through bones. Coarsely crumble enough marrow to equal 1 1/4 cups. Reserve bones and any remaining marrow for another use.
- Boil stock, wine and Port in heavy large saucepan until liquid is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add steaks to skillet and cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to rimmed baking sheet. Cook steaks in oven to desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, discard excess oil in skillet. Whisk reduced stock mixture into skillet. Bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Strain sauce into small saucepan; discard solids. Add reserved 1 1/4 cups crumbled marrow to sauce; stir until melted. Keep sauce warm.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in another heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; sauté until mushrooms are golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and parsley. Season mushroom mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto plates. Place steaks atop sauce. Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks. Surround with Glazed Onions and serve.
SAVORY BEEF WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the shortening or oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for about 8 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the onions are lightly browned. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the beef to the skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Mix the flour with the salt, pepper, and thyme; sprinkle over the beef. Add the onions and mushrooms back to the skillet along with the beef broth, vinegar, and ketchup. Stir to blend ingredients. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender. Tenderness depends on the cut of meat used.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 74 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 1374 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 15 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
ROAST BEEF WITH GLAZED ONIONS AND WORCESTERSHIRE GRAVY
- In a roasting pan combine well the onions, the tomatoes, the oil, and salt and pepper to taste and roast the mixture in the middle of a preheated 500°F. oven for 10 minutes. Stir the mixture, put the beef, seasoned with salt and pepper, on top of it, and roast the beef and the onion mixture in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°F. and roast the beef for 12 minutes more per pound, or until a thermometer registers 135°F., for medium-rare meat.
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let it stand for 30 minutes. Transfer three fourths of the onion mixture to a bowl and reserve it, keeping it warm, covered. To the mixture remaining in the roasting pan add the flour and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Whisk in the broth, the water, the Worcestershire sauce, and any juices that may have accumulated on the cutting board and simmer the gravy, whisking and scraping up the brown bits, for 10 minutes. Transfer the gravy to a small saucepan and skim the fat from the top. Just before serving, carve the beef, arrange it on a platter with the reserved onion mixture, and garnish it with the rosemary sprigs. Bring the gravy to a boil, transfer it to a gravy boat, and serve it with the beef.
COUNTRY FRIED ONION AND MUSHROOM STEAK
This recipe was designed to create a delicious country fried steak with a Salisbury gravy twist! Onions and mushrooms are sauteed and added to the gravy, giving this dish a hearty and complete taste. Enjoy!
Provided by Shyla Lane
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and green onion in a container. Beat egg in a bowl until fluffy; add milk and whisk together. Dip steaks in egg batter and then in bread crumb mixture until coated and place on a plate.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Increase heat to medium-high and place steaks in the saucepan. Cook, without moving steaks, 2 minutes. Continue cooking until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Transfer steaks to a serving plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and mushrooms to the saucepan and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add broth, flour, and cornstarch, stirring gravy while adding these ingredients. Reduce heat to low and cook without stirring for 1 minute. Stir again, remove from heat, and let sit 1 to 2 minutes more; gravy will thicken as it cools. Cover steaks with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 711.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 194.7 mg, Fat 34.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 73.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 566.4 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
GLAZED MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the onions into a colander and cool under running water. Drain well.
- With a small sharp knife, trim off a thin layer from the root end of each onion and slip off the skin.
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting cover over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to coat the vegetables with the butter.
- Cover and reduce to low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices have evaporated and the vegetables are glazed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.8, Fat 12, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 381.8, Carbohydrate 15.5, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 6.8, Protein 4.7
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH MUSHROOM-WINE SAUCE
This succulent roast takes a little extra time to prepare than a usual weeknight meal, but it's worth it for a special occasion. It's one of my top dinner requests from friends.-Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (about 3-1/2 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 425°. Rub thyme and seasoned salt onto all sides of roast. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 50-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°)., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan. Add mushrooms to drippings; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan., Place 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add onions; cook and stir over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomato paste, stock and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 20-25 minutes or until liquid is reduced almost by half., In a microwave, melt remaining butter. Mix flour with butter until smooth; gradually whisk into sauce. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bacon, mushrooms, salt and pepper; heat through., Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "beef with mushrooms and glazed onions recipes"
QUICK SKILLET STEAK WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS - SKINNYTASTE
BRAISED BEEF WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
35 NICE AND HEARTY MUSHROOM AND BEEF RECIPES I TASTE …
RECIPE: BEEF & MUSHROOM BURGERS WITH ROASTED ONION ...
10 BEST GROUND BEEF ONION MUSHROOM RECIPES | YUMMLY
GLAZED BEEF MEDALLIONS WITH MUSHROOMS - CANADIAN BEEF ...
HOME-STYLE BEEF 'N NOODLES WITH MUSHROOMS & ONIONS ...
SLOW COOKER BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS - FIT SLOW COOKER QUEEN
BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS AND GLAZED ONIONS - PLAIN.RECIPES
BEEF TIPS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
BEEF AND MUSHROOM SKEWERS WITH ONION BALSAMIC GLAZE ...
BEEF BOURGUIGNON WITH BALSAMIC GLAZED ONIONS & MUSHROOMS ...
BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
RECIPES/BEEF-WITH-MUSHROOMS-AND-GLAZED-ONIONS-5347.JSON AT ...
BEEF ROAST RECIPE - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
SAVORY BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS & ONIONS - KOSHER IN THE KITCH!
BEEF TIPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GLAZED BEEF MEDALLIONS WITH MUSHROOMS - ONTARIO BEEF
BEST MUSHROOM AND ONION SAUCE (WITHOUT CREAM) | EASY SAUCE ...
MUSHROOM AND GROUND BEEF STEW - BONITA'S KITCHEN
10 BEST SIRLOIN TIPS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS RECIPES ...
MUSHROOM AND ONION GRAVY FOR ROAST BEEF - JUSTSOYUM
BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS - THERESCIPES.INFO
GLAZED BEEF MEDALLIONS WITH MUSHROOMS
BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS AND GLAZED ONIONS
BEST BEEF BOURGUIGNON WITH BROWN BRAISED ONIONS RECIPES ...
GLAZED BEEF MEDALLIONS WITH MUSHROOMS | CTV NEWS
BEEF TIPS WITH MUSHROOMS ONIONS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
MUSHROOM BEEF ROAST RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY AND GLAZED CARROTS ...
GLAZED BEEF MEDALLIONS WITH MUSHROOMS - HOUSE & HOME
GROUND BEEF AND RICE BOWLS WITH ASIAN GLAZE - RECIPEMAGIK
BEEF TIPS ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS - THERESCIPES.INFO
GROUND BEEF MUSHROOM ONION STIR FRY - SAVORY TOOTH
GROUND BEEF AND MUSHROOM SKILLET RECIPE - EASY GOOD IDEAS
You'll also love