BEEF POTPIE WITH BISCUITS
I'm a stay-at-home mom who home-schools our three daughters, so my days are very busy. I often rely on meal-in-one casseroles like this.-Dolores Jensen, Arnold, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the vegetables, gravy, thyme and pepper. , Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. , Place the biscuits in a single layer over meat mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 775mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
MOM'S FABULOUS CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUIT CRUST
Leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket helps on the ease of preparation of this fabulous comfort style dinner. Fresh vegetables gives this a very special added flavor and is worth the effort. Everyone loves Mom's Chicken Pot Pie! Serve with a green salad.
Provided by Pam
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the onion, celery, and carrots until the celery and carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas, parsley, thyme and flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour coats the vegetables and begins to fry, about 5 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth and half-and-half, and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and mix in the chicken meat.
- Transfer the chicken, vegetables, and sauce into a 2-quart baking dish. Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with water; brush egg yolk on the biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577.4 calories, Carbohydrate 44.7 g, Cholesterol 120.4 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 13.6 g, Sodium 1026.1 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
TURKEY POT PIE WITH BISCUITS
I have a collection of cook books and usually look up a few of the same recipes and combine the ingredients I like from each recipe so that it makes it my own. This one called for chicken but works for either or just as well. So hope you enjoy experiementing with it as I did.
Provided by Vet1013
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Grease a 3 qt casserole dish.
- In lg. saucepan, combine carrots and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or til crisp-tender.
- Heat oven to 400°F In small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups milk& 1/4 cup flour.
- Mix the milk mixture, sage, 1 T marg. and 1/2 t salt into carrot mixture. Bring back to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Boil for approximately 1 min, add chicken and corn.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, mix together the 1 cup flour, onions, baking powder, and 1/4 t salt.
- Once mixed well stir in the 1/2 c milk and 1 T melted or soft marg. until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonful evenly onto chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or till top is golden brown.
- *Note-if not enough biscuits for your liking feel free to double up on the biscuit mix on the top turns out just as well.
CHICKEN BISCUIT POTPIE
This hearty chicken potpie recipe with biscuits takes just 10 minutes to assemble before you can pop it in the oven. -Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme. Pour into an ungreased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg; spoon over chicken mixture. , Bake until topping is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 966mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
BISCUIT TOPPING FOR POT PIE
I'm posting this so I don't keep losing it. My mom made this often - it's a buttery biscuity topping. It doesn't rise as high as regular biscuits, and you can just pour it over the pot pie. It comes out all golden brown and tasty. The pot pie part I make with leftover chicken, some frozen mixed veggies, and either leftover gravy or cream of chicken soup.
Provided by JoyceJoann
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 1 potpie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- mix together, pour over pot pie, bake @350 for 45 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.8, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 46.4, Sodium 409.9, Carbohydrate 25.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.1, Protein 4.7
EASY POT PIE WITH BISCUITS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix chicken, soup, and vegetables together in an 8-inch square baking dish. Separate biscuits and place on top to cover filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 1664.5 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
More about "easy pot pie with biscuits recipes"
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (8)Category DinnerCuisine SouthernTotal Time 35 mins
- In large bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen vegetables, and shredded cheeses.
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BEST SKILLET BISCUIT POT PIE RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE SKILLET …
SHORTCUT CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - THE SEASONED …
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE WITH BISCUITS - BLESSED …
BASIC MEAT POT PIE WITH BISCUITS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BISCUIT-EASY TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS RECIPE
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - ANDIE MITCHELL
Cuisine AmericanCategory Chicken, Dinner, Main CourseServings 6Calories 346 per serving
4 INGREDIENT CHICKEN POT PIES WITH BISCUITS - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - SKIP TO MY LOU
CHICKEN BISCUIT POT PIE RECIPE (EASY COMFORT FOOD!)
EASY SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BICUITS - PLATTER TALK
CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUIT CUPS (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
VEGETARIAN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS | SWEET VEGTABLE
CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE WITH BISCUITS ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
BISCUIT POT PIE - DAMN DELICIOUS
BEEF POT PIE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
BEEF POT PIE WITH CHEDDAR BISCUITS - THE SEASONED MOM
SUPER EASY CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUITS RECIPE - DIY JOY
EASY VEGAN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN
EASY BISCUIT CHICKEN POT PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - COOKING CLASSY
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - HEATHER'S HOMEMADE KITCHEN
CAMPBELL'S EASY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - PIEPRONATION.COM
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS RECIPE
21 CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE WITH POTATOES AND BISCUITS
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
EASY VEGAN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - EASY VEGAN MEAL PLAN
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE WITH BISCUIT TOPPING
EASY SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS | THE NOVICE CHEF
CAST IRON EASY POT PIE - THE COOKIN CHICKS
THE HEALTHIEST CHICKEN POT PIE | CHICKEN POT PIE | CHICKEN GRAVY
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH REFRIGERATOR BISCUITS RECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - THE COZY COOK
EASY VEGETABLE POT PIE WITH BISCUIT TOPPING (VEGAN)
BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
EASY POT PIE MUFFINS - KITCHEN DIVAS
VEGETABLE POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - HALFPASTHUNGRY
CREAMY BISCUIT CHICKEN POT PIE | 30 MINUTE RECIPE | VIDEO
BISCUIT & VEGETABLE POT PIE (CASSEROLE) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a pot pie?Quick and yummy pot pie recipe that came from a friend; it's easy and I love it! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix chicken, soup, and vegetables together in an 8-inch square baking dish. Separate biscuits and place on top to cover filling. Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are browned, about 30 minutes.
How long to bake biscuits for chicken pot pie?Brush the biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with flake sea salt. Bake at 400°F for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown, cooked throughout and the chicken filling is bubbling in the middle. Transfer the pot pie to a cooling rack and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Is chicken pot pie with biscuits a good meal?This Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits is the perfect comfort meal. The juicy chicken and flavorful vegetables are enveloped in a creamy sauce and topped with tender biscuits. It's also budget-friendly and fast, the perfect weeknight family meal!
What is Easy Chicken Pot Pie?Easy chicken pot pie made with biscuits instead of a traditional crust. This budget meal is definitely a family favorite! I just love a good old fashioned chicken pot pie, especially during the colder months.