MOM'S TEXAS HASH
This is a quick recipe my mother made a lot when I was growing up. It has a great flavor! Serve over rice.
Provided by CANDIEB
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, until the meat is no longer pink, and the onion is soft; drain fat.
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine the ground beef mixture, and pureed tomatoes. Season with Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. I just keep adding stuff until it tastes good. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes to blend flavors. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 96.5 mg, Fat 30.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 20.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 434.5 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
Although not shown here in our recipe photos, we think this dish would also be delicious with cheddar cheese on top! (We've listed that as an optional ingredient in the recipe below.)
Provided by A Family Feast
Categories main course
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a skillet that has a tight fitting cover, heat olive oil over medium high.
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper. Sauté until ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook.
- Add rice and cook for two minutes letting rice absorb liquid.
- Add tomato paste and cook for one minute.
- Add canned tomatoes with juice, water and Worcestershire sauce. Stir, cover and simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- After 20 minutes, remove lid and fluff the mixture then serve. If the mixture is too wet, cook for another few minutes with lid off.
- If you are using the cheese, sprinkle on top for last few minutes of cooking time with lid on.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630 calories, Sugar 7.9 g, Sodium 1528.7 mg, Fat 41.5 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, TransFat 1.6 g, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 31.4 g, Cholesterol 112.9 mg
TEXAS CHICKEN HASH
- For the Texas Chicken Hash: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper. Put into a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast the chicken until cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and chop.
- Add the potatoes and 1/2 stick of butter to a medium skillet and saute until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the green bell peppers and onions to the pan and saute until soft but not mushy!
- Heat a deep-fryer with oil and fry the tortillas until crispy. Transfer the tortillas to paper towels to drain.
- In a large saucepan add the flour and the remaining 1/2 stick of butter and cook the flour for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk and cook until slightly thick. Add the chopped red bell peppers and the habenero. Stir in the grated cheese and cook until melted.
- Coat a large fry pan with oil and add the eggs. Cook the eggs sunny side up.
- In a large pot over low heat, add the potatoes, bell pepper mixture and the chopped chicken. Season with Tony Chachere's seasoning, to taste. Stir the potato mixture until heated through.
- Put 4 tortillas on a plate in stacks of 2. Spoon some of the chicken mixture on top of both stacks. Top each stack with 1 sunny side up egg and drizzle with the cheese sauce, to taste. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas, eggs and cheese. Garnish each plate with avocado and tomato slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Preheat a grill to between 300 and 350 degrees F.
- Put potatoes, onion, bell peppers, and rosemary in a large bowl and toss to combine. Coat with olive oil and toss again. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- When grill is preheated, place a medium skillet over the fire. Pour the contents of the bowl into the skillet. Continually stir potatoes until cooked thoroughly, approximately 25 minutes. Carefully remove hot skillet from grill and serve.
The great thing about Texas Hash is that you can adjust the seasonings and other ingredients to suit your taste preferences. So it can gave be as hot or mild as your taste buds will tolerate. We serve this with thick slices of Texas Toast that we lightly toast during the last several minutes that the Texas Hash is baking.
Provided by Northwestgal
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with a cooking spray (Pam, or similar); set aside. Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sauté the beef, onion and celery in a large skillet over medium heat until no pink remains in the beef and the onions are clear. Place the meat mixture in a colander to let the excess grease drain.
- Return the meat mixture to the skillet. Add the tomatoes, green pepper, rice, garlic and all remaining ingredients (spices/herbs) to the skillet. Stir well.
- Pour the meat/rice mixture into the prepared 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover the baking dish, and bake in a 375º oven for 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart (8 inch round) casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in instant rice, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, brown ground beef with onions and green pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir cooked rice into the beef mixture. Mix in the corn, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into prepared casserole dish. Cut the American cheese slices in half and place over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 542.5 calories, Carbohydrate 64.5 g, Cholesterol 70.1 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 23.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 720.3 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
EASY TEXAS HASH
This was one of my husband's go-to recipies when he was single. It is wonderful from the first serving when it is freshly made to the leftovers the next day. As a leftover suggestion, you can warm it up, put an egg, cheese and salsa over it for breakfast. I am so happy I married a man that can cook. I think I'll keep him because without him I'd probably starve!!
Provided by Fireflylover
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute onions and peppers in Vegetable oil for 5 minutes.
- Add Ground Beef and brown well.
- Add rice, stewed tomatoes (you may break up any large tomato chunks), chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir together.
- Cover tightly.
- Cook over high heat until steaming freely.
- Turn heat down LOW and simmer for 30 minute or until rice is done.
- ***A note: You can save time by buying the veggies (and onions also) precut. I used the frozen pepper mixture from Trader Joes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.3, Fat 19.6, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 61.7, Sodium 401.2, Carbohydrate 20.7, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 6.6, Protein 19.5
More about "easy texas hash recipes"
EASY SKILLET TEXAS HASH - EVERYDAY EILEEN
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main DishCalories 413 per serving
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the lean ground beef. Also, break up the beef as it browns.
- To the browned beef in the skillet, add the onion, red pepper, orange pepper and jalapeno. Saute to soften the vegetables, around 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and stir for another minute.
TEXAS HASH - EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL - NOSHING WITH THE …
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 442 per serving
- In a large skillet (that has a lid), heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add in the onions, celery, peppers, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the ground beef and continue to cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add in dry mustard, paprika, chili powder, parsley, and rice. Cook for a few minutes stirring.
- Add canned tomatoes with the juice from the can, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and gently stir; if still too liquid, then continue to cook for a few minutes more. Add the cheese and return the lid until melted. Serve immediately.
EASY TEX-MEX HASH RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
TEXAS HASH RECIPE - WITH ALL NATURAL GROUND BEEF - JT2 …
TEXAS HASH | RECIPES, BEEF RECIPES EASY, VENISON RECIPES
TEXAS HASH RECIPE | RECIPE | HASH RECIPE, JASMINE RICE RECIPES, …
EVERYDAY EILEEN — EASY SKILLET TEXAS HASH
TEXAS HASH RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
WE MADE A COPYCAT TEXAS TRASH PIE, AND IT WAS PERFECTLY EASY
TEXAS HASH RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
EASY TEXAS HASH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
TEXAS HASH - CHEAP DINNER - EATING HEALTHY SPENDING LESS
TEXAS GROUND BEEF HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TEXAS HASH - SOUTHERN FOOD JUNKIE
ONE-POT TEXAS HASH | 12 TOMATOES
TEXAS HASH RECIPE - RECIPE VIBES
ONE-POT TEXAS HASH - YUMMLY RECIPES
TEXAS HASH | RECIPE | TEXAS HASH, HASH RECIPE, RECIPES FOR NEWLYWEDS
HOW GRANNY MADE TEXAS HASH, BEST OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN COOKS
TEXAS HASH RECIPES / GET SIMPLE COOKING VIDEOS - RECIPE IDEAS
EASY TEXAS HASH - MY RECIPE MAGIC
RECIPE FOR TEXAS HASH - THERESCIPES.INFO
QUICK AND EASY TEXAS HASH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
INSTANT POT TEXAS HASH - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING AND PRESSURE …
25 FAMOUS TEXAS FOODS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
TEXAS BARBECUE HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POOR MAN TEXAS HASH | RECIPELION.COM
EASY TEXAS HASH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY TEX-MEX HASH - QUICK, EASY, HEALTHY - FEASIBLE FEAST
EASY TEXAS HASH RECIPE | HASH RECIPE, JASMINE RICE RECIPES, BEEF ...
TEXAS HASH CASSEROLE RECIPE | TASTES OF LIZZY T
TEXAS HASH - SOUTHERN KITCHEN
TEXAS HASH CASSEROLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CAST IRON SKILLET TEXAS HASH RECIPE | RECIPELION.COM
EASY SKILLET TEXAS HASH - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
TEXAS HASH RECIPE WITH RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TEXAS HASH - JAMIE GELLER
WHAT IS TEXAS HASH : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
You'll also love