EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE
Inspired by Dave Lieberman's Spicy Coconut Shrimp but simplified/modified to work for my family. I'll start the rice and then pull the marinating shrimp out of the fridge and the timing seems to work for me. I serve this with Grilled Pineapple Salad Recipe #243135, but it is good with any tropical fruit salad.
Provided by gourmetmomma
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- A note on ingredients: a small can of diced green chiles works fine. The original recipe called for 2 seeded chopped jalapeños, so I think any hot pepper would work. I use the pre-cleaned frozen shrimp and they are fine for this recipe, you don't need anything fancy. If I am making pineapple salad, I use fresh pineapple in this recipe. Otherwise, I use canned crushed pineapple.
- Start by placing the shrimp in a large self-close bag or medium glass bowl. Add the peppers, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and coconut milk. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine olive oil, salt, onions, and bell peppers. Cook until vegetables become slightly soft, but not browned.
- Turn heat up to high and place the shrimp (not the marinade, just the shrimp) in the skillet. Sauté, turning once, until shrimp are just slightly browned on the outside and turning pink. You want them slightly undercooked.
- Remove shrimp, onions, and peppers from the skillet. Pour the marinade into the skillet and bring it to a boil. Boil it for 5 minutes. This is long enough to cook the "shrimp juice" that got into the marinade and also to thicken the sauce.
- Turn the heat off. Add the shrimp mixture back to the skillet. Add the basil and green onions. Toss to combine. Serve immediately over rice.
- In a small covered saucepan, combine the rice, coconut milk, and stock (or water). Use up the rest of the can of coconut milk, and add enough additional liquid to total 1.5 cups.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cook covered. Simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add pineapple. Fluff with a fork.
THAI-STYLE BASIL SHRIMP WITH BASIL-COCONUT RICE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Whisk the lime juice, vegetable oil, curry paste, fish sauce and garlic in a large bowl. Add the shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, soak ten 8-inch bamboo skewers in water at least 30 minutes; drain. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers, rubbing any excess marinade on the shrimp; set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Puree the coconut milk, 2 cups basil, the jalapeno and a pinch of salt in a blender, about 30 seconds. (Do not over-blend or the coconut milk might separate.) Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the rice, 1/2 cup water, the coconut milk-basil puree and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to prevent the rice from sticking. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep covered.
- Meanwhile, brush the grill grates with vegetable oil. Grill the shrimp skewers until well marked and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Fluff the rice with a fork, stir in the scallion greens and season with salt. Combine the bean sprouts, peanuts and remaining 2 cups basil. Top the lettuce leaves with the bean sprout mixture and shrimp skewers. Serve with the rice and lime wedges.
SHRIMP WITH COCONUT RICE
You may not be able to see the coconut milk, but it's such a treat in this dish. Add a bit of lime and you've got a smart entree that's company worthy. -Charla Arnold, North Branch, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place coconut milk in a 2-cup measure; add enough water to measure 2 cups. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, combine rice, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and coconut milk mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 20-25 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat; saute shrimp until pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in pepper and remaining salt., Stir green onions into rice. Serve with shrimp and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516 calories, Fat 26g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 161mg cholesterol, Sodium 527mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
THAI SHRIMP AND RICE
Raisins and coconut milk add a lovely hint of sweetness to this Thai dish, and freshly grated lime peel and minced gingerroot give it a wonderful aroma and flavor. The meal-in-one features enough shrimp and snow peas to add a fun flair to weeknight menus.-Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the broth, rice, vegetables, water, coconut milk, lime juice, coconut, raisins, garlic, lime zest and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until rice is tender. , Stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 845mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
THAI COCONUT CURRY WITH SHRIMP
This Thai coconut curry is a yummy take on green curry! It's a recipe you can be creative with if you want but it's wonderful just as-is! It's surprisingly easy and very fun to make! Serve over steamed white rice.
Provided by ash77
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring coconut milk and curry paste to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, Thai basil, mint, garlic, brown sugar, pepper flakes, dried basil, curry powder, and fresh ginger. Return to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and bell peppers; boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until all flavors have combined, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute until shrimp is bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp into the simmering sauce and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354 calories, Carbohydrate 20.6 g, Cholesterol 89.3 mg, Fat 34.5 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 991.3 mg, Sugar 10.5 g
More about "easy thai coconut shrimp and rice recipes"
COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 318 per servingTotal Time 27 mins
- Rinse and drain rice several times in cold water to remove excess starch. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp and sauté until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer shrimp mixture to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add rice to saucepan and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk, lime juice and salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro, and serve topped with shrimp.
THAI SHRIMP AND COCONUT RICE RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
3/5 (18)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8Calories 293 per serving
COCONUT-THAI SHRIMP AND RICE - CHATELAINE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
RECIPE FOR EASY THAI COCONUT RICE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - FEMINOLOGIE.COM
CREAMY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - RECIPEMAGIK
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
THAI COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP WITH SWEET CORN AND BASIL
THAI COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
THAI STICKY SHRIMP WITH COCONUT RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT RICE WITH THAI SHRIMP: 5-INGREDIENT DINNER - SANDY EATS
THAI GRILLED SHRIMP WITH COCONUT STICKY RICE. SWEET, SPICY
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - SALT & LAVENDER
EASY THAI RED CURRY WITH SHRIMP - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
THAI CURRY SHRIMP AND RICE (EASY ONE-POT RECIPE!)
COCONUT CURRIED SHRIMP AND RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BAKED THAI COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - ERREN'S KITCHEN
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP (CREAMY, THAI RED CURRY) RECIPE
THAI COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP AND RICE - NO PLATE LIKE HOME
THAI COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
10 BEST THAI SHRIMP WITH RICE NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
AMAZING EASY THAI COCONUT SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP SOUP RECIPE | MINUTE® RICE
THAI COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP NOODLES RECIPE - THE MINDFUL HAPA
THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - SERVING DUMPLINGS
THAI COCONUT BASMATI RICE WITH SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - EATINGWELL
THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - PEAS AND CRAYONS
EASY THAI SHRIMP SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY THAI SHRIMP COCONUT CURRY. - THE SEAFOOD BLOG
THAI COCONUT SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY SHRIMP COCONUT FRIED RICE RECIPE - EASY AND DELISH
THAI COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - JAR OF LEMONS
COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES: EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE
EASY THAI RED CURRY SHRIMP NOODLES - ALLY'S KITCHEN
EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI CURRY COCONUT SHRIMP WITH RICE NOODLES | MOMS NEED TO …
#curries #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #fruit #rice #seafood #asian #thai #dinner-party #romantic #summer #nuts #shrimp #stove-top #spicy #seasonal #coconut #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice #shellfish #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Thai coconut curry shrimp and rice?But as a brief overview, to make this Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp and Rice recipe, simply: Saute the veggies: Start by cooking some carrots and bell pepper in a bit of coconut oil. Cook the aromatics: Next, add the garlic, ginger and Thai red curry paste. Gently cook the mixture, to release the curry’s aromas.
What is the best way to cook shrimp and rice together?Transfer shrimp mixture to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add rice to saucepan and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk, lime juice and salt, and bring to a boil over high heat.
How to cook rice with cilantro and shrimp?Add rice to saucepan and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk, lime juice and salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro, and serve topped with shrimp.
How long does it take to cook shrimp fried rice?This easy Shrimp Fried Rice with simple ingredients is ready in 30 minutes, making the perfect dish for those busy days. Yes, it is joy in a pan! Our coconut fried rice consists of shrimp, veggies, mango, coconut oil, a soy sauce mixture, and Success® White Rice…