EASY THAI PRAWN CURRY
Try our easy Thai prawn curry on a busy weeknight. This quick dinner is ready in under 20 minutes and flavoured with warming red Thai curry paste
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Tip in the onion and ginger, then cook for a few mins until softened. Stir in the curry paste, then cook for 1 min more. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 5 mins, adding a little boiling water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Tip in the prawns, then cook for 5-10 mins more, depending on how large they are. Serve alongside some plain rice and sprinkle with a little chopped coriander, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 1.25 milligram of sodium
EASY YUMMY KING PRAWN THAI GREEN CURRY
This is an easy recipe with amazing results. I first tried this with fresh chilli, lemongrass and ginger, but the things I list here can be kept as part of your fridge/cupboard stock and therefore this can be made at the drop of a hat, pretty much no prep needed, and tastes just as good. We have this on a weekly basis. The consistency of the sauce will be quite thin, which is fine, do not try to thicken it, it is meant to be that way. I serve this in a bowl, on a plate with the rice to the side, so you can scoop up a forkful of rice then dip and pick up prawns, mushrooms and sauce. I would recommend tasting once you put the stock etc in, if it is too sweet, add more stock, you can tinker with the amount of stock and coconut milk to your taste. The coriander must be fresh, it really makes the dish. Enjoy!
Provided by Marychef
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass, chilli flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add the curry paste and stir well, and cook for two minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a strong simmer and add the mushrooms. Simmer for 8-9 minutes.
- Add the prawns. If your prawns are already cooked, then heat through for no more than 2-3 minutes, or they will become tough. If raw prawns are being used, cook until they are completely turned pink and then two minutes more.
- Stir in the coriander for the last minute of cooking.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.1, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 159.8, Sodium 2243.2, Carbohydrate 9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 3.1, Protein 23.1
EASY THAI PRAWN CURRY
Easy-peasy curry for folks new to cooking Thai style. Originally adapted from a recipe in Good Food Magazine. I served it with couscous as I didn't have enough rice in at the time - and it was fabulous. Not strictly speaking Thai - but who cares!
Provided by poshpause
Yield Serves 3
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan or wok. Tip in the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes or so until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and ginger, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the coconut cream. Add a little water if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
- Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 20 mins or so. Add a little more water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Tip in the prawns and cook for 5-10 minutes more, depending on how large they are. Serve with plain rice or couscous and sprinkle with a little chopped Coriander, to serve.
More about "easy thai prawn curry recipes"
EASY THAI PRAWN CURRY - THE PETITE COOK™
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 423 per serving
- Place the brown basmati into a large pot, add in 600 ml of water, cover the pan with a lid and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer for 20 minutes, until the rice is soft and slightly chewy. Turn the heat off, and let the rice sit undisturbed for 5 minutes before serving.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add in sliced carrot and bell pepper and stir-fry them for about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk followed by the stock powder, then bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine Asian, ThaiTotal Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 299 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 minutes. If the onions start to brown, reduce the heat to medium. Add the scallions, garlic and green curry paste, and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce and brown sugar and bring to a gentle boil. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro (or basil) and serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges.
- Note: For the shrimp, I recommend buying frozen shrimp labeled “shell split and deveined.” Most shrimp are cleaned and flash frozen shortly after being caught, so the “fresh” shrimp you see in the seafood case at the supermarket is typically thawed frozen shrimp. Who knows how long it’s been sitting there, so you’re better off buying frozen and defrosting it yourself. Come dinnertime, all you have to do is run it under warm water to defrost, then peel.
EASY THAI PRAWN CURRY - EVERYDAY COOKS
Cuisine ThaiCategory SupperServings 4Total Time 35 mins
EASY TO MAKE THAI GREEN PRAWN CURRY RECIPE FOR LUNCH OR DINNER
THAI RED CURRY WITH PRAWNS AND CHICKEN - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
THAI RED PRAWN CURRY RECIPE - STEPHANIE KAY NUTRITION
THAI COCONUT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI GREEN PRAWN CURRY WITH EDAMAME BEANS - PROPERFOODIE
THAI PRAWN CURRY AND NOODLES | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
THAI COCONUT RED CURRY WITH PRAWNS - AHEAD OF THYME
15 MINUTE THAI PRAWN CURRY - THE COOK REPORT
EASY THAI PRAWN CURRY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THAI PRAWN CURRY | THAI RECIPES - GOODTOKNOW
QUICK AND EASY PRAWN CURRY - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
THAI RED PRAWN CURRY - KHIN'S KITCHEN
THAI PANANG CURRY WITH PRAWNS - QUICK AND EASY! - SUGAR …
SLOW COOKER RECIPES FOR GREEN THAI PRAWN CURRY | EASY HEALTHY …
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
THAI TAMARIND PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | DOBBERNATIONLOVES
EASY THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - ERREN'S KITCHEN
AMAZING EASY THAI COCONUT SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY THAI SHRIMP SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN AND PRAWNS - FOODLE CLUB
15 MIN THAI PRAWN CURRY - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
CREAMY THAI PRAWN PANANG CURRY RECIPE | DOBBERNATIONLOVES
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY • SALT & LAVENDER
THAI GREEN PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
THAI RED PRAWN CURRY - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS RECIPES
EASY PRAWN CURRY | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY PRAWN CURRY RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
THAI RED PRAWN CURRY - AUTHENTIC RECIPE - YOUR NEW FOODS
SIMPLE RED THAI PRAWN CURRY – BEAT THE BUDGET
THAI RED PRAWN CURRY, SUPER QUICK & EASY - KRUMPLI
EASY THAI RED CURRY WITH SHRIMP - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
QUICK THAI RED PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
EASY THAI GREEN PRAWN CURRY RECIPE BY WHAT DAD COOKED
THAI RED CURRY WITH PRAWNS AND CHICKEN - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
THAI RED PRAWN CURRY RECIPE, EASY THAI RED PRAWN CURRY
EASY THAI CURRY RECIPES | MYFOODBOOK
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - WENT HERE 8 THIS
THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - PEAS AND CRAYONS
QUICK THAI PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
THAI FOOD MADE EASY | RED CURRY PRAWN STIR-FRY
THAI PRAWN CURRY RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE THAI PRAWN CURRY - LICIOUS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook prawns in curry paste?STEP 1 Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan. Add the shallot and garlic, and stir-fry for 1-2 mins. Add the curry paste, coconut cream and 50ml water, and bubble for 2 mins. STEP 2 Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 1-2 mins until just beginning to soften. Add the prawns, soy sauce and lemon juice and heat through.
How to make easy Thai Shrimp curry?Easy Thai Shrimp Curry. Stir-fry a few minutes more. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce and brown sugar, and bring to a gentle boil. Add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Stir in the chopped cilantro. Spoon into shallow bowls and serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges.
How to make Thai red curry sauce?1-2 tsp Thai Red Curry paste (take care, some can be very hot!) Heat the oil in a medium saucepan or wok. Tip in the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes or so until softened. Stir in the curry paste and ginger, and cook for 1 minute more. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the coconut cream.
How do you cook raw shrimp in stir fry?Begin by stir-frying the onions until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the scallions, garlic and green curry paste. Stir-fry a few minutes more. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce and brown sugar, and bring to a gentle boil. Add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through.