EASY VEGGIE BURGERS
These burgers have been tested and approved by my DD. The original recipe is from Chatelaine. The original name of this recipe is "Amazing Veggie Burgers".
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Categories Black Beans
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Drain and rinse beans with cold water.
- Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add beans, onions, garlic, egg, 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oil, salt and pepper to food processor.
- Pulse until beans are the size of peas.
- Place pulsed mixture into a large bowl.
- Add flour and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add cheese and mix with your hands (mixture is thick).
- Divide mixture into six portions.
- Flour your hands and shape into 1/2-inch thick burgers (if you don't flour your hands the mixture will stick to them).
- The burgers may be refrigerated in a sealed container for 1 day or frozen until ready to grill.
- Oil your grill and preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place burgers on grill.
- Brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Barbecue with lid down until hot, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings i.e. pickles, onions, tomatoes, salsa.
- For vegetarian make sure you use either a vegetarian Worcestershire sauce or the soy sauce.
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE
This easy veggie burger recipe is so delicious and easy to prepare, it's quickly become a weeknight vegan staple in our home.
Provided by Chocolate Covered Katie
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- These burgers can be baked, grilled, or fried, and feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand. For the burgers in the pictures, I used roasted mushrooms, asparagus, and onion. You can also change up the flavor by adding different spices, such as paprika, cumin, or curry powder.To make the veggie burgers, first drain, rinse, and mash the beans either by hand or in a food processor, depending on desired burger texture. Stir in all other ingredients, and form patties. (Add more flour if too soft to form patties.) Either pan fry--flipping halfway through cooking--or place on a parchment-lined pan and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Flip, then bake an additional 10 minutes or until desired texture is reached. (You can also grill the burgers. Grilling instructions are listed earlier in this post.) Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen in meal prep containers for a later day. If you make the burgers, be sure to rate the recipe below!View Nutrition Facts
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY VEGGIE BURGERS
These easy meatless burgers are prepared with bulgur wheat, canned pinto beans, grated carrots, and Swiss cheese. Cook the patties in a skillet and serve on buns for a tasty and protein-packed vegetarian meal.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine bulgur and 1 cup boiling water. Cover tightly and let sit until bulgur is tender, 30 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to remove liquid, then return bulgur to bowl. In a food processor, pulse pinto beans until coarsely chopped. Add beans to bulgur, along with Swiss cheese, carrots, scallion, and egg. Season with salt and pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add 1/2 cup bean mixture and press lightly with a spatula to flatten. Make 3 more patties, working in batches if necessary (add more oil for second batch), and cook until browned and cooked through, 3 minutes per side. Serve burgers on buns with sprouts and avocado slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 g, Fat 21 g, Fiber 13 g, Protein 18 g
PERFECT VEGGIE BURGERS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Prepare the barley as the label directs. Let cool completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Add the garlic, 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce and the carrot; cook, stirring, until the mixture dries out slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and let cool completely.
- Add the barley, beans, breadcrumbs, walnuts, soy sauce, egg whites, parsley and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the food processor. Pulse until finely ground with some chunks. Form into six 4-inch-wide, 1/2-inch-thick patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the broiler. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the patties until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Meanwhile, place the buns, cut-side up, on a broiler pan and broil until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the patties on the buns; top with the remaining 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and onion rings.
BEST EVER VEGGIE BURGER
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread beans evenly on a parchment-lined rimmed baking pan. Bake until beans start to split open, 6-8 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a large dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir walnuts, cumin, fennel and smoked paprika until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and cool. In the same skillet skillet, heat oil from sun-dried tomatoes over medium heat. Add carrot, shallot and sun-dried tomatoes; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. , Transfer carrot mixture to a food processor. Add beans, walnut mixture, oats, chia seeds, soy sauce and garlic salt. Pulse until combined. Shape into four 4-in. patties., In the same skillet over medium heat, cook patties in olive oil until browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. If desired, baste with barbecue sauce and serve on buns with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 calories, Fat 28g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 479mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
EASY MUSHROOM VEGGIE BURGERS
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir for about 4 minutes, just until mushrooms begin to give up their juices. Stir in bread cubes and steak sauce; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove mixture from pan, and set mixture aside to cool. Wipe pan clean.
- Beat egg, and mix into mushroom mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Form 6 patties by hand and place into skillet. Brown one side, flip over, and brown other side. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.6, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 65.6, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3, Protein 4.5
More about "easy veggie burgers recipes"
THE 9 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES
Author Jolinda Hackett
- Mushroom Veggie Burgers. When cooked, mushrooms are surprisingly similar in taste and texture to meat, and this mushroom veggie burger recipe may just surprise you with how tasty it is.
- Vegan Black Bean Burgers. This veggie burger recipe is both vegetarian and vegan but it has bread in the mix so it isn't gluten-free. Combine mashed beans, bread, chopped onions, and seasoning to make patties.
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers. Portobello mushrooms are already patty-shaped and have a meaty quality about their texture that makes them the number-one choice of burger for vegans and vegetarians alike.
- Tofu Veggie Burgers. Tofu is an underrated vegan protein because most people associate the white block with bland flavor. But in reality, tofu offers a white canvas to make anything vegan you'd like, from skewers to ricotta, nuggets to dips.
- Beet Burger. Veggie burgers can start to taste the same after a while, so including a different ingredient is a nice change. Beets add a bit of sweetness to these veggie burgers while boosting the nutrition factor, and adding a slight purple hue.
- Spicy Bean Burger. This black bean and cornmeal burger is an easy veggie burger with just a few basic ingredients. Simply put the beans, flour, cumin, salt, cornmeal, and salsa in your food processor and mix.
- Potato and Bean Veggie Burgers. If you've ever had latkes or potato pancakes, you know that potatoes absorb the flavors added to them quite well, and have a satisfying texture that is both crunchy and soft.
- Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burger. Spice up a basic vegan black bean burger patty with some cayenne pepper and hot sauce. Peppers, breadcrumbs, spices and an egg replacer make a pretty dense dough that can either be grilled, baked or pan-fried.
- Vegetable Veggie Burgers. This healthy and low-fat veggie burger recipe uses tofu and lots and lots of veggies to form a healthy and high-fiber vegetarian patty.
- TVP Veggie Burgers. Texturized Vegetable Protein, or TVP, is a high-protein ingredient derived from soy. It comes in a variety of forms and flavors. For this recipe, the flakes are best.
20 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
15 VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT)
EASY VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE | NO MEAT ATHLETE
GRILLABLE VEGGIE BURGER | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
VEGGIE BURGERS 4 WAYS | RECIPES - TASTY
EASY VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE (VEGAN & HEALTHY)
VEGGIE BURGERS | RECIPETIN EATS
EASIEST-EVER GRILLED VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOMEMADE VEGGIE BURGERS | JAMIE OLIVER BURGER RECIPES
BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A VEGGIE …
10 RECIPES FOR HIGH-PROTEIN VEGGIE BURGERS - ONE GREEN PLANET
10 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED HOMEMADE VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
12 SERIOUSLY TASTY VEGGIE BURGERS - VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES
EASY VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES & MEAL IDEAS | HELLOFRESH
DELICIOUS VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - VEGGIE BURGERS & VEGGIE BURGER IDEAS
EASY BBQ VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - THE CONSCIENTIOUS EATER
VEGETARIAN BURGER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY LENTIL VEGGIE BURGER (EGGLESS!) | MY VEGETARIAN FAMILY
RECIPE EASY HOMEMADE GRILLABLE VEGGIE BURGERS ON SPROUTED BUNS
EASY LENTIL VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
16 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE VEGGIE …
EASY 5-INGREDIENT VEGGIE BURGERS - SWEET SIMPLE VEGAN
EASY VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - HOME GARDEN JOY
FAVORITE VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - FOOD WITH FEELING
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES: 15 SERIOUSLY TASTY VEGGIE BURGERS THAT …
VEGETABLE BURGER - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE (WITH MUSHROOMS AND AVOCADO)
VEGGIE BURGER EASY RECIPE - A KIND SPOON
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LENTIL VEGGIE BURGERS - EVERY NIGHT MEALS
26 AMAZING VEGGIE BURGERS THAT YOU’LL WANT TO MAKE ASAP
THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
19 OF OUR FAVORITE VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - FORKS OVER …
SIMPLE VEGGIE BURGERS - DEBRA KLEIN | EASY PLANT BASED RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE VEGGIE BURGERS | EASY VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE
HEALTHY VEGGIE BUTTER BEAN BURGERS RECIPE FOR ALL THE FAMILY
EASY VEGGIE BURGERS (+ VIDEO) - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #main-dish #beans #canadian #barbecue #easy #kid-friendly #summer #dietary #seasonal #inexpensive #black-beans #equipment #grilling
You'll also love