EMILY'S MARINATED VENISON STEAKS
I threw this together one afternoon, as we needed to use up the venison we had in our freezer. We don't like the 'gamey' taste of some meats, and this marinade did the trick! I find it best to have the meat marinate overnight so it really takes in the flavors.
Provided by Thorney
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, onion, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, salt, thyme, black pepper, garlic, and hot pepper sauce together in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze to remove excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove venison from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook the steaks until they are firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 79.5 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 1865.5 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
It's easy to cook a venison steak so that it's juicy, you just need to follow a few rules. A good marinade, a hot grill or pan and not overcooking is key.
Provided by Miss AK
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove the steaks from their packaging and put them on a plate or in a bowl lined with a paper towel. This absorbs old blood while defrosting and creates a more palatable taste.
- If you're marinating your steaks, add your venison to a zip-top bag or a bowl with a lid. Again, this recipe works best with steaks that are at least 1 inch thick, but you can use this method for a flank steak or a thinner cut, just alter the cooking time.
- Pour your marinade all over the steaks and make sure everything is coated. Marinate for at least 3 hours, but up to overnight for really tender/flavorful steaks. If you aren't fond of the natural taste of venison, opt for a longer marinade time, the acid will develop the flavor so that it's more pleasing to you.
- When you're ready to cook, remove the steaks from the marinade and let them come to room temperature for 20-30 minutes before you cook (this is safe to do, it ensures even cooking).
- Pat the steaks dry, wiping off the marinade, but DO NOT rinse them off. If you haven't used a marinade, pat them very dry and season them all over with salt and pepper.
- If you used my marinade recipe, there's no need to add more oil for the grill. If you didn't mariante, a drizzle of olive oil is nice for grilling. I like to pierce my steaks with a fork all over to further tenderize them (see the photo in the post), but this is optional.
- If you're using a grill to cook, preheat it to medium-high, about 450-500F. If you're cooking in a pan, preheat a well-seasoned cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it's very very hot.
- Place the steaks on the grill or in the pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side (this will depend on steak thickness), but keep an eye on the internal temperature. You want to pull the steaks at 117-125F for a rare plus/medium-rare steak, it's very important not to overcook venison.
- Once the steaks are cooked, remove them from the heat source at once and let them rest for at least 10 minutes before serving or slicing.
- Season with a bit more salt (flakey salt if you have it) and pepper if desired and a light squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 6oz. serving w/ marinade, Calories 288 calories, Sugar 0 g, Sodium 1247 mg, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 51 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
EASY VENISON STEAKS
Whenever I don't have alot of time to make supper, this is so easy and quick. You can mix all the ingredients on wax paper and when finished just throw it away. My man loves venison this way.
Provided by Kim127
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Coat venison steaks with flour mixture.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute steaks in butter for 10 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.7, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 208.6, Sodium 167.7, Carbohydrate 5.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.1, Protein 53.1
VENISON STEAK MARINADE
This is the only steak my family will eat. They do not even like NY strip any more. We have our meat processor cut our venison steaks to about 1 inch thick, then I marinate and grill to medium rare. Better than beef and better for you too! Our traditional family Christmas Eve dinner menu is always venison steak and shrimp scampi!
Provided by JustJan
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a small measuring cup.
- Place venison steaks in a large zip lock bag.
- Pour marinade over steaks and seal bag.
- Place bag in a flat casserole dish so that the steaks are in a single layer.
- Refrigerate and marinate at least 4 hours, turning every half hour to marinate each side.
- Drain marinade and grill steaks to desired doneness.
- I double or triple this recipe for each addition package of steak. Any wild game steak can be used in this recipe.
VENISON STEAK WITH PORT SAUCE
- Make the gravy by simmering all the ingredients together until the redcurrant jelly has completely melted. Keep warm.
- Steam or simmer the potatoes until just tender, about 8 mins, then drain well and add a few drops of oil.
- Lay the venison on a board. Sprinkle some of the black pepper and a little salt on each side, pressing the pepper into the steaks. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. When it has a shimmering surface, add the steaks, 2 at a time. Cook for 2 mins on each side for rare, 3 mins for medium and 4 mins for well done. When cooked, return them all to the pan and pour over the sauce. Warm for 1 min, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with the potatoes and peas, if you like, and any extra sauce spooned over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 48 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 0.27 milligram of sodium
PAN-FRIED VENISON STEAK
"Growing up, this recipe was a family favorite when we had deer meat. I loved it, and now my children do too!" -Gayleen Grote, Battle View, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Flatten venison to 1/4-in. thickness. Place saltines in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Coat venison with saltines, then dip in egg mixture and coat a second time with saltines. , In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts :
MARINATED VENISON STEAKS
From Tigard, Oregon, Janelle Inkens writes, "These venison steaks are so tender and tasty, they're even a hit with my kids, ages 3 and 4. Someone who tried this dish once said, 'Wow, if I could make venison taste like this, I'd make it all the time.'"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place venison in a shallow dish. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half over the venison; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade., Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. broil 4 minutes longer, basting often, or until a thermometer reads 140° for medium or 145° for medium-well.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "easy venison steaks recipes"
EASY VENISON MARINADE - LEGENDARY WHITETAIL'S BLOG
EASY VENISON STIR FRY RECIPE - LIVE WILD EAT WILD
3 EASY VENISON RECIPES FOR A WEEKNIGHT MEAL - WIDE …
THESE 10 VENISON DINNERS WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF
10 BEST BAKED VENISON STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
FAST AND EASY VENISON RECIPES - DELISHABLY
INSTANT POT VENISON STEAK RECIPE - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
THE BEST VENISON STEW YOU'LL EVER HAVE | A SIMPLE …
HOW TO COOK A VENISON STEAK TO PERFECTION | DOWNFIELD FARM
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ROAST VENISON - AN EASY, STRAIGHTFORWARD GUIDE ON ROASTING …
21 GOURMET GROUND VENISON RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
THE 20 BEST VENISON RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
EASY VENISON STEAKS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
VENISON RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
25 BEST VENISON RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
THE MOST AMAZING VENISON STEAKS : 5 STEPS (WITH PICTURES ...
HOW TO COOK VENISON STEAK: 10 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
EASY VENISON STEAK RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY VENISON RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
EASY VENISON STEAK RECIPES GRILL | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY VENISON RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE 13 BEST VENISON RECIPES - EASY RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE ... - PS …
THE BEST VENISON STEAK WITH OREGANO | EASY RECIPE
12 MOST POPULAR VENISON RECIPES - GAME & FISH
15 GROUND VENISON STEAK RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
11 EASY GROUND VENISON RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
VENISON BACKSTRAP STEAK RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
70+ VENISON RECIPES – MY ROI LIST
【COOKED】EASY VENISON STEAK RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER VENISON STEAKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
VENISON LEG STEAK RECIPES EASY | DEPORECIPE.CO
VENISON STEAKS | NEW WORLD
EASY MARINATED VENISON STEAK RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VENISON KETO RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
20 GROUND VENISON RECIPES - A RANCH MOM
10 BEST VENISON STEAKS HEALTHY RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND VENISON CHILI EASY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
25 VENISON STEAK RECIPES | RECIPELAND
EASY VENISON STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | VENISON STEAK …
GROUND VENISON RECIPES - 19 EASY RECIPES - WINDING CREEK RANCH
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #very-low-carbs #american #dietary #low-sodium #high-protein #low-carb #wild-game #deer #northeastern-united-states #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love