Learn how to make edamame hummus with this easy recipe! Serve it with sliced crisp vegetables, crackers or pita bread for a delicious, healthy appetizer or snack. Recipe yields about 2 cups hummus.
Provided by Cookie and Kate
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender (i.e. Vitamix or Blendtec), combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. Process for about 1½ minutes, pausing to scrape down the sides and base of the bowl as necessary, until the mixture is well blended.
- Add the cilantro and process for about 1 minute, pausing to scrape down the bowl as necessary, until the herbs have blended into the mixture and the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Add half of the edamame to the food processor, plus 2 tablespoons water, and process for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl, then add the remaining edamame and process until the hummus is thick and quite smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes more. If your hummus is too thick or chunky, run the food processor while drizzling in 1 to 2 tablespoons more water, as necessary, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and blend in additional salt if the hummus doesn't taste awesome yet (I usually add another 1/4 teaspoon). Scrape the hummus into a small serving bowl. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with some additional cilantro leaves and a few sesame seeds, if desired. Leftover hummus keeps well, chilled, for 4 to 6 days.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1/4 cup, Calories 131 calories, Sugar 0.8 g, Sodium 145.5 mg, Fat 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 4.3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
- Boil the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil. Serve with the suggested vegetables, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calorie, Fat 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0.5 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 80 milligrams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 0 grams
We love hummus at our house. This recipe is a scrumptious and refreshing twist on an old favorite, and it's a wonderful way to incorporate healthy soy into our diets. -Marla Clark, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Microwave edamame, covered, on high until tender, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a food processor; add the next 8 ingredients. Process until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables and rice crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 13g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 167mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
EDAMAME HUMMUS WITH GARLIC SCAPES
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add edamame and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Combine cashews and 1/8 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until blended, scraping sides multiple times until mixture has a firm, dough-like consistency. Add cooked edamame, garlic scapes, coriander, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 teaspoons salt and pulse to desired consistency. Pour olive oil in slowly, with the processor running, until hummus is smooth. Season with more olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110.8 calories, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 306.1 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
Whipped this up tonight since we have been a bit vegetable deficient lately. I LOVE hummus, as does my fiancé, so I thought this would be perfect. It turned out really well. This is based on my Lebanese friend's recipe for hummus--she is religious about hummus and tabbouleh, so I know I have the basic recipe down pat!! :-) Be sure to adjust anything you want; it is possible to make hummus more low in fat by reducing the amount of tahini or olive oil you add, and if you hate edamame, then omit it. Just make it up with water, stock, or the liquid from the can of garbanzo beans. IT occurs to me that this would be perfect for St Patrick's Day....it's completely green, with all the spinach and edamame.
Provided by spatchcock
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all in food processor.
- Add olive oil (water, or the "juice" of the garbanzo beans, if you wish)--either of these reduce fat to desired consistency.
- This is EVEN better leftover.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 641.2, Fat 43.3, SaturatedFat 6, Sodium 1968.5, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 13.1, Sugar 0.5, Protein 23.5
EASY EDAMAME HUMMUS
This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to put together and is a lovely bright green colour and a great alternative to traditional hummus. From the Food Network show, "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger".
Provided by blucoat
Yield 24 tablespoons
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set 1 tablespoon of edamame aside for a garnish. Place the rest of the edamame, tofu, salt, garlic, oil, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, plus more lemon juice, if desired. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with reserved edamame, and some cumin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.1, Fat 3.7, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 52, Carbohydrate 2.8, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.1, Protein 2.8
More about "edamame hummus with garlic scapes recipes"
EDAMAME & GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - FRESH CHEF …
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
EDAMAME GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - NUTMEG NANNY
Reviews 15Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 1Total Time 10 mins
EDAMAME HUMMUS | HEALTHY 5 MINUTE RECIPE ! | FORK …
ROASTED GARLIC EDAMAME HUMMUS - I HEART EATING
EDAMAME HUMMUS RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
HUMMUS WITH ROASTED GARLIC OR GARLIC SCAPES - LE PETIT …
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - JOYBILEE® FARM
THE 15 BEST HUMMUS RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EDAMAME HUMMUS (10 MINUTE RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS …
GARLIC SCAPE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EDAMAME HUMMUS WITH GARLIC SCAPES | RECIPESTY
EDAMAME HUMMUS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS | CANADIAN LIVING
EDAMAME HUMMUS RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO)- WHISKAFFAIR
EDAMAME GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS | RECIPE | CULINARY RECIPES, SCAPE …
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - INHABITED KITCHEN
EDAMAME GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS | RECIPE | HOMEMADE GARLIC …
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS (NO TAHINI): A QUICK & EASY PARTY TRICK
EDAMAME HUMMUS WITH GARLIC SCAPES TASTY RECIPES
EDAMAME HUMMUS - SLENDER KITCHEN
WHAT TO MAKE WITH GARLIC SCAPES - GARLIC HUMMUS AND OTHER …
HUMMUS RECIPE GARLIC SCAPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS (AIP, WHOLE30) - HEAL ME DELICIOUS
CALORIES IN GARLIC HUMMUS - THERESCIPES.INFO
EDAMAME HUMMUS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
WHAT ARE GARLIC SCAPES? | GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS – COOKING CLARIFIED
GARLIC SCAPES HUMMUS | CHICK IN THE KITCHEN
10 EASY EDAMAME RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
VEGAN EDAMAME HUMMUS | KATHY'S VEGAN KITCHEN
TOASTED GARLIC EDAMAME HUMMUS - SALT AND WIND
VEGAN HUMMUS WITH GARLIC SCAPES RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
EDAMAME HUMMUS WITH GARLIC SCAPES - HUMMUS RECIPES
GARLIC SCAPES HUMMUS RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
ROASTED GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS | FRAGRANT VANILLA CAKE
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS + MORE GARLIC SCAPE RECIPES - OAT&SESAME
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - THE GIRL IN THE LITTLE RED KITCHEN
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - EVERYDAY HEALTHY! EVERYDAY DELICIOUS!
EDAMAME GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS | RECIPE | EDAMAME, FOOD …
GARLIC SCAPE HUMMUS - PERFECTLY IMPERFECT RECIPES
You'll also love