ROASTED EGGPLANT AND GARLIC HUMMUS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Place the eggplant slices on the prepared baking sheet, and brush them generously with olive oil. Place garlic slices on top of the eggplant.
- Bake the eggplant in the preheated oven until soft and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the roasted eggplant slices and garlic into the work bowl of a food processor with the garbanzo beans and salt, and process until smooth.
WHITE BEAN AND ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place an oven rack in the middle.
- Place the eggplant on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cooled eggplant, beans, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of olive oil until the mixture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the hummus in a dipping bowl and serve with the cucumber slices. Alternatively, spoon the hummus over the cucumber slices and arrange on a serving platter.
ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place eggplant in a large bowl and toss in olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, basil, and thyme. Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; flip the eggplant cubes over and roast until eggplant is tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Watch for over-browning.
- Place roasted eggplant in a food processor. Add garbanzo beans and lemon juice; process until smooth.
This dish uses a combination of chickpeas and eggplant with garlic and warm spices. Serve with flat bread or pita wedges.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stab eggplant several times with a fork. Cook on a baking sheet for 45 minutes; cool completely, then remove peel.
- Combine eggplant, chickpeas, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, black pepper, parsley and salt in food processor. Process until the consistency is smooth.
- Serve cold with toasted flat bread triangles or sliced pita bread.
This healthy dip (which we call "hummus ganouj" ) is great with pita or vegetables (baby carrots, sliced bell pepper, cherry tomatoes). If you don't have a blender, finely dice the garlic and mash the chickpeas with a fork, and mix with all the other ingredients. Although the result won't be as creamy, that's how hummus was made before blenders existed.
Provided by Hanna Louise
Yield 2-3 cups hummus, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick the eggplant with a fork and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes or until it collapses on itself. Slice it open to cool.
- If desired, remove the skin of the eggplant with your hands before adding the flesh to the blender. I like the skin so just drop the whole eggplant in the blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add more water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- If you'd like, garnish with paprika, pine nuts, olive oil, and chopped basil or other herbs.
Provided by Jimmy Bradley
Yield Makes about 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, then score flesh in crisscross pattern at 1-inch intervals, 1/2 inch deep. Rub cut sides with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Place eggplant on rimmed baking sheet, cut side down; bake until tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool slightly, then scoop flesh into processor (discard skins). Add garbanzo beans, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic; puree until mixture is almost smooth. Transfer to bowl; stir in parsley. Season hummus to taste with salt and pepper.
ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS
I love hummus and this one is like no other one I've tried because it has so much flavor! I served this with pita chips, at a party and it was loved by all my guests! This recipe was posted on a cooking site by a member known as Linda2230. I added my photo.
Provided by Lillian Russo
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- 2. Cut the eggplant into about 2 inch pieces. Cut the top portion of the garlic clove so that the garlic is exposed but be careful not to cut the garlic loose just yet. Put the garlic bulb on the cookie sheet and then spread the eggplant on the sheet making sure they are all separated, and then lightly drizzle the olive oil over eggplant and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then toss to make sure the eggplant and garlic bulb is coated with the salt and pepper.
- 3. Place in a 450 degree F oven and roast for 25 minutes and when done let cool, approximately 15 minutes.
- 4. In the meantime place the rinsed garbanzo beans, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste) in food processor and quickly pulse just to incorporate the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 5. Next add the roasted eggplant and squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb (yum, yum) and turn the food processor on and stream in the olive oil until the ingredients resembles a spread.
- 6. Place in a serving bowl and serve with pita chips or crackers.
People also searched
More about "eggplant hummus dip recipes"
OUR FAVORITE BABA GANOUSH (ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP)
2020-03-01 · Broil eggplants 2 minutes on all sides. The skin will darken a little and begin to smell smoky, adding lots of flavor to the dip. Turn broiler off, but do not remove eggplants from the oven. Heat oven to 375 degrees F, and then roast eggplants …
EASY VEGAN BABA GANOUSH HUMMUS RECIPE
In a blender or food processor, combine eggplant, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and sea salt until smooth. The mixture will be somewhat thick. Slowly incorporate the …
10 BEST EGGPLANT DIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-14 · Eggplant Dip with Feta Kooking garlic clove, salt, eggplants, feta cheese, extra-virgin olive oil and 1 more Eggplant Dip (Baba Ghanoush) La Cocina de Babel olive oil, garlic, ground cumin, eggplants, tahini paste, chopped parsley and 3 more
See details »
BABA GANOUSH RECIPE FOR THE BEST EGGPLANT DIP - EATING RICHLY
2020-01-15 · Preheat charcoal grill to medium-hot and preheat your oven to 375F. Poke the eggplant all over with a fork and place on the grill rack a few inches from the fire. As the eggplant's skin blackens …
ROASTED EGGPLANT AND CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE - KUDOS KITCHEN
2021-02-18 · Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Trim and cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Place them (cut side up) on a baking sheet. Drizzle the cut eggplant with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt …
- Roast the eggplant in the preheated oven for 40 minutes (longer if using larger eggplants), until a fork pierces through the flesh easily. Remove and cool.
EASY BABA GANOUSH - ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP - INTENTIONALLY EAT
2018-12-27 · Roast eggplants until they are very soft, approximately 20-30 minutes. Cool until easily handled. While eggplants are cooling mix tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic salt and cumin in a …
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and turn broiler on high heat. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick eggplants several times with a fork and place them on the lined cookie sheet. Broil, turning every 5 minutes or so, until eggplants are browned and shriveled on all sides, approximately 10-20 minutes depending on size.
- Do not remove from oven. Turn broiler off and heat oven to 375 degrees. Roast eggplants until they are very soft, approximately 20-30 minutes. Cool until easily handled.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HUMMUS | ROASTED EGGPLANT & …
2012-02-03 · Roasted Eggplant & Chickpea Dip. 1. Peel eggplant & cut into thick slices. Sprinkle both sides heavily with salt, then let sit for 15-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse salt off eggplant …
- Peel eggplant & cut into thick slices. Sprinkle both sides heavily with salt, then let sit for 15-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse salt off eggplant slices & pat dry, then place on foil-lined cookie sheet, brush with olive oil, & sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes. (For more information on salting & roasting eggplant, check out this post). Let cool slightly. (Or, if you don't want to include the eggplant, just skip this step!)
- Place chickpeas in food processor. Add garlic, choice of herbs, salt, pepper, & lemon juice, then pulse until blended. (Just a few seconds.
- While food processor is running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream & mix until blended. Transfer to dish and let chill for 4 hours or overnight, until flavors are blended. Serve with pita or tortilla chips.
SMOKY ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP - CUPFUL OF KALE
2019-06-18 · Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Slice eggplants in half length ways, pierce the skin a few times and lightly coat in some oil. Place flesh side down on a baking tray and place in the oven for 35 …
- Slice eggplants in half length ways, pierce the skin a few times and lightly coat in some oil. Place flesh side down on a baking tray and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- The skin should be starting to deflate, be wrinkled and the flesh really soft. Place a knife through to check, leave in for a few more minutes if it needs it.
WHITE BEAN AND ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP - THE LEMON BOWL®
2013-02-27 · Roasted Eggplant and White Bean Dip is a delicious cross between hummus and baba ghanoush. We buy eggplant almost weekly because it’s provides a meaty texture and adds bulk to dishes without a lot of extra calories. Perfect examples of this are my Sausage and Eggplant Baked Pasta and Turkey and Eggplant …
- Spread eggplant cubes on baking sheet in one layer and drizzle with half of the olive oil (two tablespoons), half of the salt (1/2 teaspoon) and half of the pepper (1/4 teaspoon). Use hands to mix around to make sure cubes are evenly coated with oli and spices.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add all remaining ingredients as well as the cooled eggplant. Puree until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
SMOKY ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS | VANILLA AND BEAN
2017-10-12 · Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and score the flesh in shallow cross marks. Generously brush olive oil on the flesh of the eggplant. Arrange flesh side down on the parchment paper. Roast the garlic and eggplant for about 30 minutes or until the eggplant …
- Preheat oven to 450F (232C) and set oven rack to top half. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Wrap the garlic in a small piece of foil and drizzle about 1 tsp of olive oil over the top. Wrap loosely and set on the sheet pan. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and score the flesh in shallow cross marks. Generously brush olive oil on the flesh of the eggplant. Arrange flesh side down on the parchment paper. Roast the garlic and eggplant for about 30 minutes or until the eggplant skins darken and begin to sink. Remove from oven and cool. Scrape flesh from the skin, discard the skin and set the flesh aside.
- UPDATE 7/20 (optional): to make this hummus extra creamy, place the cooked chickpeas in a small sauce pot and cover with an inch of water. Add 1/2 tsp of baking soda. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. The chickpeas should become so soft, they're mushy. Drain, rinse and carry on. In the work bowl of a food processor, add the drained chickpeas, roasted garlic and eggplant (if your eggplant is watery, use only the flesh straining away the liquid as best you can), tahini, salt, cumin, paprika, lemon zest and juice and chickpea brine. Whirl the ingredients for about two minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Add more brine, 1 Tbs at a time, if a looser hummus is desired. Taste for seasoning adjustment adding more salt if needed. Alternatively, for an ultra smooth hummus (even after cooking with baking soda), toss all the ingredients in a high speed blender (I use VitaMix).
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with naan, fresh veggies, pita or crackers. Garnish with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Store in the refrigerator for up to four days or freeze for up to a month.
BABA GANOUSH: MEDITERRANEAN EGGPLANT DIP (VEGAN, PALEO ...
2018-03-15 · Healthy and delicious, baba ganoush, or eggplant hummus, is a Mediterranean eggplant dip that is simple to make, but complex in flavor and sure to impress. Pin this recipe for later! There is …
- Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Broil until the top part of the eggplants turns black. (this can also be done over an open flame on a barbecue grill, broiling and turning as needed.)
- Turn the eggplants, and continue to broil until the newly exposed sides blacken. Continue with the process until all sides of the eggplants have charred.
ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2016-06-03 · This eggplant dip is always a favorite at every party served with pita chips or pita bread. It works great alongside a dish of homemade hummus and some raw veggies as well. As mentioned …
- Set oven racks at the two lowest levels; preheat to 450 degrees F. Peel as much of the papery skin from the garlic as possible and wrap loosely in foil. Bake until the garlic is soft, 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place eggplant halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut-side down. Roast for 10 minutes. Add onion slices and tomato halves to the baking sheet and roast until all the vegetables are soft, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Let cool slightly.
- Separate the garlic cloves and squeeze the soft pulp into a medium bowl. Mash with the back of a spoon. Slip skins from the eggplant and tomatoes; coarsely chop. Finely chop the onion. Add the chopped vegetables to the garlic pulp and stir in the lemon juice, mint, oil, salt and pepper.
ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS (KETO, DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN) - NOSHIN ...
2020-08-19 · Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the eggplant into large cubes and place in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the eggplant into large cubes and place in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the roasted eggplant and all remaining ingredients into the bowl of your food process or high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth.
ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS - DISHING UP THE DIRT
2014-09-26 · Roasted eggplant also gives this hummus a lovely smokey flavor and the addition of parsley ties this whole dip together. Grab your favorite crackers and veggies and dip away! Happy Friday. Roasted Eggplant Hummus Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Serves: 6 servings . 1 medium-sized Italian eggplant, sliced in half lengthwise; 2 cups cooked chickpeas, if from the can …
EGGPLANT DIP - EGGPLANT HUMMUS - YOUTUBE
Baba Ghanouj is an egg plant recipe that is similar to hummus, except the eggplant replaces the garbanzo beans. It is always a party favorite. This Baba Ghan...
See details »
EGGPLANT HUMMUS DIP - TFRECIPES.COM
EGGPLANT-HUMMUS DIP. This dish uses a combination of chickpeas and eggplant with garlic and warm spices. Serve with flat bread or pita wedges. Recipe From food.com. Provided by DailyInspiration. Categories Beans. Time 55m. Yield 2 cups. Number Of Ingredients: 9. Ingredients; 1 large eggplant: 4 cups canned chick-peas, drained: 4 garlic cloves, peeled: 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin: 1/2 teaspoon ...
See details »
RECIPE: EASY & ELEGANT EGGPLANT-HUMMUS DIP FOR NYE - FRONT ...
2020-12-30 · My new dip recipe is perfect for that, and I think finger foods can sometimes be the best kind of dinner. For this dip, I mixed up hummus (already made, purchased at the market) with roasted eggplants. It’s a baba ghanoush-hummus mash-up of sorts that’s super creamy and tasty. I like eggplant dip, but sometimes find it a bit too goopy, so mixing it with hummus makes it creamy …
See details »
ROASTED EGGPLANT HUMMUS | DRFUHRMAN.COM
Roasted Eggplant Hummus. By: www.DrFuhrman.com. by 25 members. G - B O M B S. Category: Dressings, Dips and Sauces. Tags: Anti-Cancer/High Micronutrient. This dip is inspired by Baba Ganoush, a Middle Eastern spread made with roasted eggplant and sesame seeds. Enjoy it with a beautiful platter of your favorite raw veggies.
See details »
WHAT TO DIP IN HUMMUS? 3 THINGS CAN MAKE IT AN EXCELLENT FOOD
Hummus is a staple food in Palestine and Jordan where yogurt is used in place of tahini and butter instead of olive oil. They love to top it with toasted bread. However, choosing vegetables to dip in hummus still vary according to regional taste. What To Dip In Hummus. This creamy goodness of hummus is the perfect balance between healthy and ...
See details »
ROASTED EGGPLANT RECIPES VEGAN | VEGAN RECIPES
1 day ago · Grilled Eggplant Every Last Bite Healthy Grain Free Recipes Smoky Roasted Eggplant Dip Cupful Of Kale The Perfect Pantry Recipe For Roasted Eggplant Spread With Roasted Eggplant With Tahini Pine Nuts And Lentils Recipe Caramelized Onions Roasted Eggplant And Tomato Penne Pasta How To Roast Eggplant 2 Ways Roasted Eggplant Mushroom Salad Roasted Eggplant Hummus Vegan Monday Roasted Eggplant ...
See details »
CREAMY EGGPLANT DIP | THE ART OF THYMING
2021-07-28 · Whether it’s a Gyro, hummus, Tzatziki, falafel or shawarma, or even fruit with cheese and olive oil, the need just hits hard sometimes. My mind went to making Baba ghanoush but I thought if I made it creamy, I could talk the girls into eating it. After a lot of recipe hunting I decided on a creamy eggplant dip using the essential Mediterranean ingredients. Roasted eggplant and garlic blended ...
See details »
weeknight 60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion healthy appetizers beans vegetables middle-eastern easy dinner-party holiday-event low-fat dips dietary low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat low-calorie chick-peas-garbanzos healthy-2 low-in-something 3-steps-or-less eggplant